Please Overhaul Raids.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > If y’all are just seeking raids and extreme challenge, why play GW2??? There are better games that suit your skill,your challenging raiding content, much more then this game ever will. Go head over to WoW and final fantasy for all your raiding needs.

>

> Extreme challenge? o___O

>

> Raids in GW2 are SUPER accessible, sure they are not all easy but they do not require a lot of practice. There's no one boss in GW2 raids that could be considered "extreme challenge" lol.

>

> Also what the hell? Are you so entitled that you think that this game belongs to you? To your type of player? Raids are GW2 too, get over it.

Hence why you would play something else for an extreme challenge.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > If y’all are just seeking raids and extreme challenge, why play GW2??? There are better games that suit your skill,your challenging raiding content, much more then this game ever will. Go head over to WoW and final fantasy for all your raiding needs.

> >

> > Extreme challenge? o___O

> >

> > Raids in GW2 are SUPER accessible, sure they are not all easy but they do not require a lot of practice. There's no one boss in GW2 raids that could be considered "extreme challenge" lol.

> >

> > Also what the hell? Are you so entitled that you think that this game belongs to you? To your type of player? Raids are GW2 too, get over it.

>

> Hence why you would play something else for an extreme challenge.

You don't know how to read, don't you

It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18677/do-raids-need-easy-normal-hard-difficulty-mode-merged#latest

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> It seems to me this thread has become less about the concept of difficulty levels and more about name calling. "Darned Raiders!" "Filthy Casuals!" And so it goes.

>

> Is there anything left worth saying, in thread spanning nearly five months, 1,500 posts, and 16,000 views? You tell me!

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

>

> Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18677/do-raids-need-easy-normal-hard-difficulty-mode-merged#latest

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > It seems to me this thread has become less about the concept of difficulty levels and more about name calling. "Darned Raiders!" "Filthy Casuals!" And so it goes.

> >

> > Is there anything left worth saying, in thread spanning nearly five months, 1,500 posts, and 16,000 views? You tell me!

Thanks Sephylon. Good reminder. The task at hand.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity.

>

> No raiders is thinking that from normal mode raids. You folks keep bringing this up again and again and again.

I’m fine for ignoring all the bull and conceptually going through what some of these easy mode encounters would look like.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

>

> Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

I have already answered this many times. I do not care if raids are more or less challenging. They are what they are and I'm fine with it; and they are supposed to be challenging -they are not super challenging and I have never said that I raid because I want super challenging content. You are saying that I've said something that I have never said and you have actually read the other topic, so I don't know why are you making up things.

I'm not throwing you rocks, I'm saying that apparently you don't know how to read because you're saying things I have never said. I'm fine with the current amount of challenge current raids have. Raids are GW2, to say that if we want challenging content we should go somewhere else makes no sense. Devs chose to create raids, so GW2 is everything you play plus raids. You can't even accept that?

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> >

> > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

>

> I have already answered this many times. I do not care if raids are more or less challenging. They are what they are and I'm fine with it; and they are supposed to be challenging -they are not super challenging and I have never said that I raid because I want super challenging content. You are saying that I've said something that I have never said and you have actually read the other topic, so I don't know why are you making up things.

>

> I'm not throwing you rocks, I'm saying that apparently you don't know how to read because you're saying things I have never said. I'm fine with the current amount of challenge current raids have. Raids are GW2, to say that if we want challenging content we should go somewhere else makes no sense. Devs chose to create raids, so GW2 is everything you play plus raids. You can't even accept that?

I’m done having this never ending argument with you, Nia, which frankly goes no where and does no good for either side.

I’m going to stick to concepts of easy mode encounters

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> >

> > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

>

> This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> > >

> > > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

> >

> > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

>

> Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

>

> Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

well here is the problem, the majority don't like existing raids, and are quite reasonable asking for normal mode raids just like every other mmorpg. (Some, not all) raiders here don't want the majority to have this style of raid for purely selfish reasons, even though it doesn't impact them, That's a problem isn't it. Basically its 'I dont want you to have fun unless its my type of fun'.

If you would like to make suggestions on how an easy mode raid should play like, I've made a thread about it [here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37656/how-would-an-easy-mode-raid-work-vg "here"). I invite you to share your opinions there, but please do respect the rule: just please separate yourselves from your ideas, and criticize the idea not the person.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> > > >

> > > > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

> > >

> > > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

> >

> > Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

> >

> > Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

>

> well here is the problem, the majority don't like existing raids, and are quite reasonable asking for normal mode raids just like every other mmorpg. (Some, not all) raiders here don't want the majority to have this style of raid for purely selfish reasons, even though it doesn't impact them, That's a problem isn't it. Basically its 'I dont want you to have fun unless its my type of fun'.

The majority here aren't asking for normal mode raids... They ask for easy mode raids. It's even in the title of the other topic.

Normal raids are the current raids. Some of them have challenge modes, some don't. So if you want a toned down version of raids you are asking for an easy mode. What us raiders complain about is that some people here want not only easy mode raids. That could be fine, I guess. The problem is that they want easy raids plus all the rewards attached to regular raids... But an easy mode raid is a less effort raid, so why should you get the same as those who play normal raids.

That's the main issue about this.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

> > > >

> > > > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

> > >

> > > Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

> > >

> > > Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

> >

> > well here is the problem, the majority don't like existing raids, and are quite reasonable asking for normal mode raids just like every other mmorpg. (Some, not all) raiders here don't want the majority to have this style of raid for purely selfish reasons, even though it doesn't impact them, That's a problem isn't it. Basically its 'I dont want you to have fun unless its my type of fun'.

>

> The majority here aren't asking for normal mode raids... They ask for easy mode raids. It's even in the title of the other topic.

>

> Normal raids are the current raids. Some of them have challenge modes, some don't. So if you want a toned down version of raids you are asking for an easy mode. What us raiders complain about is that some people here want not only easy mode raids. That could be fine, I guess. The problem is that they want easy raids plus all the rewards attached to regular raids... But an easy mode raid is a less effort raid, so why should you get the same as those who play normal raids.

>

> That's the main issue about this.

normal/easy its a word, a relative value in comparison to existing raids. With regards to rewards, just like wvw and pvp there will be legendary armor with different skins that takes a long time to gather - whats your problem with this? it doesn't affect you, so you focus on your raids, and let others have fun in the mmorpg you are 'meant' to be sharing in harmony? The 'main' issue is raiders who think legendary gear should be exclusive to the current level or raids, because raiding is a special.

type of gameplay that is more important than other forms of gameplay because its harder.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

> > > >

> > > > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

> > >

> > > Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

> > >

> > > Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

> >

> > well here is the problem, the majority don't like existing raids, and are quite reasonable asking for normal mode raids just like every other mmorpg. (Some, not all) raiders here don't want the majority to have this style of raid for purely selfish reasons, even though it doesn't impact them, That's a problem isn't it. Basically its 'I dont want you to have fun unless its my type of fun'.

>

> The majority here aren't asking for normal mode raids... They ask for easy mode raids. It's even in the title of the other topic.

>

> Normal raids are the current raids. Some of them have challenge modes, some don't. So if you want a toned down version of raids you are asking for an easy mode. What us raiders complain about is that some people here want not only easy mode raids. That could be fine, I guess. The problem is that they want easy raids plus all the rewards attached to regular raids... But an easy mode raid is a less effort raid, so why should you get the same as those who play normal raids.

>

> That's the main issue about this.

A long time ago, when i cared to do raids and used to join this kinds of conversations, people were asking for easy mode, but with reduced or no reward at all, just to play the raid, see the story behind it, fight the boss, learn its mechanics and stuff and them be able to join a "normal" raid without being a dead weight and be completely clueless on how the the raid worked...nobody ever asked for easy mode plus normal rewards...but again, its hard to talk to raiders lol its like the situation on PvE legendary vs WvW and sPvP legendary armor, its a waste of time, let Anet do what they think its better for the game.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > That is your subjective opinion of what a raid means *to you.*

>

> No it isn't. It is their defining feature. Despite trying *so* hard, you can't disregard anything you don't like as "subjective opinion".

And nor can you assert that what you subjectively value is a statement of fact.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > I want the *punishments* for failing mechanics to be reduced, but I want the mechanics *themselves* to remain as intact as possible.

>

> That's simply impossible, the mechanics cannot remain intact and at the same time have reduced penalties for failing because the penalty for failing is part of the mechanic.

That's a tautological argument to make. Of course you can. What I intend is that you take the entirety of the mechanic, [green circle spawns at a distance from the boss, a circle shrinks, when the circle empties, if three people are not inside it, everyone takes X damage], and I want to retain every single word of that mechanic, I want to retain the same conditions for "succeeding" on it, I just want to reduce the variable in X to a number that is less of a threat. *Yes* this changes the encounter and player's options for dealing with it, *yes,* this is intentional.

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> Not everyone is like that, sure. But I can assure that everyone I have ran raids with are happy. Nobody is forced to join raids, they do so on their own initiative, and tell me they had a blast.

Yes, and that's great, but it's also a self-selection bias, the people *you* grouped with had a blast because that is the experience they came for. Good for them. The people who would *not* have a blast at it wouldn't likely show up to group with you, because they would know going in that this is not an experience they would enjoy. The easy mode would be designed for people who are already self-selecting *out* of the traditional raids.

>Seems like you are in a very small minority, or you have never had a good experience running with a group in raids.

Keep in mind that every poll that's been done so far indicates that less than 25% of GW2 players regularly raid. Then remaining 75%+ are not "some minority." You just never encounter them in raids because. . . *they do not raid.*

> It also takes effort from YOU to make raids enjoyable content for yourself - it is not all on the devs.

But there is no possible amount of effort on my part that would be capable of enjoying the existing raids. I am just not wired to enjoy the things that you enjoy about raiding. This is why I'm playing GW2 and not WoW.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> Also what the hell? Are you so entitled that you think that this game belongs to you? To your type of player? Raids are GW2 too, get over it.

Aren't you the one trying to insist that raids aren't allowed to deviate from what *you* believe raids "must" be?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Now who's trying to impose their own views onto *everyone* playing the game?

/\

||

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> A long time ago, when i cared to do raids and used to join this kinds of conversations, people were asking for easy mode, but with reduced or no reward at all, just to play the raid, see the story behind it, fight the boss, learn its mechanics and stuff and them be able to join a "normal" raid without being a dead weight and be completely clueless on how the the raid worked...nobody ever asked for easy mode plus normal rewards...but again, its hard to talk to raiders lol its like the situation on PvE legendary vs WvW and sPvP legendary armor, its a waste of time, let Anet do what they think its better for the game.

Nah, I was there, and I was pretty consistent about wanting full rewards. Less quantity of rewards per clear, of course, but the same *quality* of rewards, so that multiple easy clears would at least add up to a single hard clear.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > It’s funny how you raiders get so angry when a simple question is asked and resort to name calling. No wonder the raiding community is so toxic, you all have displayed it here. The raid community is inviting they say and here you all are with rocks ready to stone someone who has a different opinion or request.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, if you want super challenging content, why do you play this game and not another game like Wow, which has challenging content beyond this... I only had one person answer this, everyone else is readying their stones.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is all true. I don't understand why raiders continue to think gw2 raiding is an elite activity, and that when people ask for alternative difficulties or quality of life changes that it must be because they need to "git gud" (I already play dark souls - a lot, I think im ok in that department). There are tons of other games with much harder raids (most of which I have participated in), and yet i'm told that it must be because I am either trolling or not good at the game. Really what is is, is that raiders in gw2 have found a niche that is hard to approach by the majority of the player base because the raids are one size fits all, and then people exclude others in addition to this, because the raids are just gimmicky enough that you need specific things, add that on top of the fact that its one size fits all with no alternatives or grouping options and that one size fits all dosen't fit for many people. THen people don't bother with raids, and the raiders whom the one size fits all raids did fit, get to lord all their loot and legendary armor over everyone else, and pretend like it was some major accomplishment and that we all just need to get on their level, when really its more of an issue of why bother until they change it, the raids aren't enjoyable in their current iteration. Honestly I wish it was just simply a difficulty issue, then it would actually be fun overcoming and participating in raids, but sadly its not. - Just an observation.

> > > >

> > > > Yet here you are both of you name-calling, wanting people ¨to get off your lawn¨ and generalizing even though people continue to give very specific reasons for the issue of having an easy mode and completely ignoring posts by both raiders and new players with suggestions about QoL changes to make raids more accessible. If you really wanted a discussion those posts would not have been ignored.

> > > >

> > > > Indeed raiders are so toxic while you are saints.

> > >

> > > well here is the problem, the majority don't like existing raids, and are quite reasonable asking for normal mode raids just like every other mmorpg. (Some, not all) raiders here don't want the majority to have this style of raid for purely selfish reasons, even though it doesn't impact them, That's a problem isn't it. Basically its 'I dont want you to have fun unless its my type of fun'.

> >

> > The majority here aren't asking for normal mode raids... They ask for easy mode raids. It's even in the title of the other topic.

> >

> > Normal raids are the current raids. Some of them have challenge modes, some don't. So if you want a toned down version of raids you are asking for an easy mode. What us raiders complain about is that some people here want not only easy mode raids. That could be fine, I guess. The problem is that they want easy raids plus all the rewards attached to regular raids... But an easy mode raid is a less effort raid, so why should you get the same as those who play normal raids.

> >

> > That's the main issue about this.

>

> normal/easy its a word, a relative value in comparison to existing raids. With regards to rewards, just like wvw and pvp there will be legendary armor with different skins that takes a long time to gather - whats your problem with this? it doesn't affect you, so you focus on your raids, and let others have fun in the mmorpg you are 'meant' to be sharing in harmony? The 'main' issue is raiders who think legendary gear should be exclusive to the current level or raids, because raiding is a special.

> type of gameplay that is more important than other forms of gameplay because its harder.

As challenge motes already exist, the current raids are normal mode.

Of course it affects the current raiders. It will slow down the content production.

1. Legendary gear in general is not exclusive to raids. Weapons are actually exclusive to open world (but who cares you can get them right?).

2. Legendary armor is also available in WvW and PvP.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> A long time ago, when i cared to do raids and used to join this kinds of conversations, people were asking for easy mode, but with reduced or no reward at all, just to play the raid, see the story behind it, fight the boss, learn its mechanics and stuff and them be able to join a "normal" raid without being a dead weight and be completely clueless on how the the raid worked...nobody ever asked for easy mode plus normal rewards...but again, its hard to talk to raiders lol its like the situation on PvE legendary vs WvW and sPvP legendary armor, its a waste of time, let Anet do what they think its better for the game.

This was a long time ago in other games where raids actually progress the main story and are major content patches. In GW2 it was always about rewards.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> >As challenge motes already exist, the current raids are normal mode.

>

> Or, they are hard mode, and activating the challenge mode is Challenge mode, which is higher still. It's all relative.

>

>

No. That would imply that they are actually hard. They are not if you play with proper teamplay. The only reason is to imply they are hard so people really want an easy mode. It just looks nicer. Easy and hard instead of easy and normal.

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > >As challenge motes already exist, the current raids are normal mode.

> >

> > Or, they are hard mode, and activating the challenge mode is Challenge mode, which is higher still. It's all relative.

> >

> >

>

> No. That would imply that they are actually hard. They are not if you play with proper teamplay.

Nothing is hard if you do it perfectly. That does not mean that there is not a scale involved.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > >As challenge motes already exist, the current raids are normal mode.

> > >

> > > Or, they are hard mode, and activating the challenge mode is Challenge mode, which is higher still. It's all relative.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No. That would imply that they are actually hard. They are not if you play with proper teamplay.

>

> Nothing is hard if you do it perfectly. That does not mean that there is not a scale involved.

But you don't need to play the encounter perfectly. There is room for errors.

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > >As challenge motes already exist, the current raids are normal mode.

> > > >

> > > > Or, they are hard mode, and activating the challenge mode is Challenge mode, which is higher still. It's all relative.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No. That would imply that they are actually hard. They are not if you play with proper teamplay.

> >

> > Nothing is hard if you do it perfectly. That does not mean that there is not a scale involved.

>

> But you don't need to play the encounter perfectly. There is room for errors.

Easy mode requires more room for errors.