Queen bee aura stacking

But like people have said, seizures are real, and although there's warnings on most games about seizures, most games are generally okay in terms of risk. My partner gets seizures and he has no problem playing GW2 normally, but the aura stacking hurts his eyes and gives him migraines. It makes sense for games to be flashy sometimes, but I doubt ANet intended for certain things to be deliberately seizure inducing without an option to turn it off on the client side.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Onex.2590" said:

> > > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > > I don't think there's a problem, mostly because stacking 8 infusions costs, like, 32,000 gold. It is prohibitively expensive to be annoying this way.

> >

> > I take it you don't visit Mistlock Sanctuary on EU. The annoyance exists and they troll regularly. An option to not be harassed would be appreciated and adding this sound effect to the the other mutable nuisance ones is not unreasonable. The visual is less an issue to me, but I'd certainly dial that down if given the option also.

>

> I've never seen this in Mistlock/NA and I find it hard to believe that the behavior is that different. People have infusions and it probably wouldn't occur to them that the thing that pleases them bothers other people so much.

Trust me, this person is very aware of the trolling aspect of his/her behavior and enjoys getting under people's skin. Why do I know this? Because this person has no qualms about directly stating so. He/she also often runs around as a Halloween spider, making the character model bigger and therefore the aura effect much more prominent. But it's already highly annoying on their regular character model. Running and jumping around in the Sanctuary doing nothing, mostly concentrated on the bank/TP area, laughing at people complaining about it. This is obviously a troll. And even without sound effects it's a pain, so the option to turn that off doesn't solve the problem.

> @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> But like people have said, seizures are real, and although there's warnings on most games about seizures, most games are generally okay in terms of risk. My partner gets seizures and he has no problem playing GW2 normally, but the aura stacking hurts his eyes and gives him migraines. It makes sense for games to be flashy sometimes, but I doubt ANet intended for certain things to be deliberately seizure inducing without an option to turn it off on the client side.

I understand your partner's pain. I too suffer from migraines and sometimes all the "shinies" really become painful. There's some content I literally cannot engage in (like GH & Pala) because of the visuals. I wished we had the option to turn the visuals down a bit.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Wouldn't it be great if blocking someone also blocked their sound and visual "spam" turning them into the standard human model?

Actually that would be the perfect solution. Or just right click their name and set as standard model. There are a few people I would do that too.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Wouldn't it be great if blocking someone also blocked their sound and visual "spam" turning them into the standard human model?

I would love that. And it would at least somewhat counter the players that are like "weh I spent 30,000 gold for all these auras, people should see me!!!!" because we _will_ see them. And then no longer see them.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

That's a really intriguing idea.

I encourage you to post it as a suggestion in its own thread. It might turn out to be completely impractical for ANet to implement (or maybe there would need to be a second block list: one for just whispers and a size-limited one for visual/aural noise). Either way, I think it's deserving of more attention.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

What if I don't dislike that someone? Blocking him only to remove his visual effects seems a bit too drastic to me.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > Wouldn't it be great if blocking someone also blocked their sound and visual "spam" turning them into the standard human model?

>

> What if I don't dislike that someone? Blocking him only to remove his visual effects seems a bit too drastic to me.

Really? Blocking someone really isn't that big of a deal, it's like muting someone in an online game. Looking at the screenshot at the top of the thread blocking that guy seems perfectly OK to me... I don't feel like I'd be missing out on much there. YMMV.

Anyway, you can always unblock them later if you wish. I periodically purge my block list, once I can no longer remember why I blocked them.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > Wouldn't it be great if blocking someone also blocked their sound and visual "spam" turning them into the standard human model?

> >

> > What if I don't dislike that someone? Blocking him only to remove his visual effects seems a bit too drastic to me.

>

> Really? Blocking someone really isn't that big of a deal, it's like muting someone in an online game. Looking at the screenshot at the top of the thread blocking that guy seems perfectly OK to me... I don't feel like I'd be missing out on much there. YMMV.

>

> Anyway, you can always unblock them later if you wish. I periodically purge my block list, once I can no longer remember why I blocked them.

I suppose it's subjective, on my block list I only add people who piss me off, I give them a nickname to remember the reason for the future and I never remove them from the list, nor I play any content with them when they appear to be in the same squad of myself.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > Wouldn't it be great if blocking someone also blocked their sound and visual "spam" turning them into the standard human model?

> > >

> > > What if I don't dislike that someone? Blocking him only to remove his visual effects seems a bit too drastic to me.

> >

> > Really? Blocking someone really isn't that big of a deal, it's like muting someone in an online game. Looking at the screenshot at the top of the thread blocking that guy seems perfectly OK to me... I don't feel like I'd be missing out on much there. YMMV.

> >

> > Anyway, you can always unblock them later if you wish. I periodically purge my block list, once I can no longer remember why I blocked them.

>

> I suppose it's subjective, on my block list I only add people who kitten me off, I give them a nickname to remember the reason for the future and I never remove them from the list, nor I play any content with them when they appear to be in the same squad of myself.

Same here, the jerks don't stop being jerks just because time has passed and i've long forgotten why they ended up where they did. Which is why when i realized this I started giving them nicknames so I would remember. It's also funny when telling my friends who's on my block list "overly aggressive ho ho tron guy" is one of my friend's favorite nicknames btw.

> @"Anthony.3207" said:

> Auras exist so people can buy gold.

And people can still buy gold. No one is saying to take them out, we're saying to have the option to turn off the visual effect in our client so we don't have to see it. There's an option to mute player instruments, but I haven't seen anyone complain about their wasted money because some people can't hear them 'play'.