> > > > > @"alez.2137" said:

> > > > > A: Mesmer

> > > > > B: Power specs with high mobility

> > > > > C: Condi specs with high mobility

> > > > > D : Bunkers Firebrand / Druid

> > > > > E: Rest of power specs

> > > > > F: Rest of condi specs

> > > >

> > > > Scourge is a condi spec with terrible mobility. It ain't anywhere near bottom tier.

> > >

> > > Well, thats your opinion, I put lower because:

> > > - it has no mobility.

> > > - almost no cc, just 2 1,25s and with horn 1 2s.

> > > - while is true it has aoe that at the end of the match can be a respectable dmg quantity, in 1v1 is not specially high, to do moderate dmg u need to use almost all cds.

> > > - it cannot do 1v2, not to talk 1v3 that other professions can (I dont mean they win 1v3, but can use the enviroment and their inmunity mechanism to troll a group of 2, 3 players and stay alive for much, much longer than a necro would).

> > > - it does not heal as expected, I've seen matches in which a warrior (that use demoliser amulet = no healing stat) does more (self) healing than the necro with sage.

> > > - it has barriers but no inmunity

> > > - it cannot carry

> > > - ...

> > >

> >

> > If you're trying to play a Scourge like a Mesmer or Spellbreaker, yeah you're going to have a bad time. But Scourge is straight up the single best team fighter in the entire game. What it does is win 2v2s, 3v3s, and 4v4s. Hard. It absolutely has carry potential when it wins every team fight the entire match. Scourge being F tier is pure goofballery.

>

> Only in shadefire, only when having a fb near, and only when the other team does not focus. If it is the focus, it will die very fast due to no inmunity just a ~35k hp punchbag. Ofc if you leave it unfocused it start to spread AoE and if in blood fast ressing and most probably wins the fight .

Yeah, Scourge needs a Firebrand to work it's magic at top effectiveness, but there's no shortage of Scourge Mains in the top 50 of EU and NA that don't have the luxury of always having a Firebrand babysitting them in all their games. Nowhere near F tier.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff here extremely bored and can't sleep so I thought I'd write a class tier list from a teambased environment and also a Ranked based environment.

Competetive play:

S Tier(mandatory play)

Fb(support)

Chrono(prenerf)

Thief(s/d core)

Mirage(condi)

A tier

Holo (tools and inv)

Warrior

Scourge

B tier

Weaver

Druid

Invo rev

Power mirage.

C tier

Soulbeast

Ranked que

S tier

Blood scourge

Mirage

Holosmith

Chrono

A tier

Fb

Reaper(power and condi)

B tier

Rev

Soulbeast

Weaver

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> It's highly subjective. There's no official list like that. Sometimes there are threads where people list their own rankings and you can see what the most popular highly ranked professions are, but it's all personal opinion.

>

> For example, my ranking would go something like:

>

> S Tier:

> Mesmer

>

> A Tier:

> Necromancer

>

> B Tier:

> Thief

> Guardian

>

> C Tier:

> Warrior

> Ranger

> Engineer

>

> D Tier:

> Elementalist

>

> E Tier:

> Revenant

>

> There's not much more you can do than ask what people think about it, but like I said, it's not official and it changes all the time based on the balance patches, meta, and whatnot.

Quoting because very accurate and should be seen by more people.

Stupid people gonna get warrior nerfed even further out of the meta. Warrior is well balanced atm but has no place in meta groups. Everything it does well is done better (and then some) by other classes.

In low gold where people CONTINUE to attack into Full Counter and use their bursts into Ignore Pain, warrior remains "OP." As soon as you hit reasonable skill levels where people actually understand even the BASICS of how their opponents play, warrior drops off extremely quickly.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> In low gold where people CONTINUE to attack into Full Counter and use their bursts into Ignore Pain, warrior remains "OP." As soon as you hit reasonable skill levels where people actually understand even the BASICS of how their opponents play, warrior drops off extremely quickly.

I guess they would avoid more oftenly to hit them in FC mode if the visuals of the skill were fixed and the SBs weren't carrying the sphere for 10+ seconds each time they use the skill, which makes hard to guess when is active and when is off. Plus, let's be real here: Full Counter isn't a fine tuned skill, is jus a key that is pressed as soon as is out of cooldown even by high skilled warriors.

> @"Obindo.6802" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

>

> > Full Counter isn't a fine tuned skill, is jus a key that is pressed as soon as is out of cooldown even by high skilled warriors.

>

> Only in outnumbered and exceptions

>

>

Saw Vaans hitting F2 all the time as soon as was ready in a lot of 1 vs 1 and He is a very good player, so the skill is so spammable that reminds me those current Crusaders in Diablo III which runs the Condemn build with a timed macro to perpeutally cast Comdemn.

The visual glitch ads an extra benefit due if a player stops attacking you due the sphere remains on view that gives you extra time to both gain health (signet) and reduce the cd to the real activation. Of course you can be selective with your timmings, but due the visual bugs and the plenitude of ticking AoE damage and random stuff in the game the best tactic is just to spam it.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Obindo.6802" said:

> > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> >

> > > Full Counter isn't a fine tuned skill, is jus a key that is pressed as soon as is out of cooldown even by high skilled warriors.

> >

> > Only in outnumbered and exceptions

> >

> >

>

> Saw Vaans hitting F2 all the time as soon as was ready in a lot of 1 vs 1 and He is a very good player, so the skill is so spammable that reminds me those current Crusaders in Diablo III which runs the Condemn build with a timed macro to perpeutally cast Comdemn.

>

> The visual glitch ads an extra benefit due if a player stops attacking you due the sphere remains on view that gives you extra time to both gain health (signet) and reduce the cd to the real activation. Of course you can be selective with your timmings, but due the visual bugs and the plenitude of ticking AoE damage and random stuff in the game the best tactic is just to spam it.

And that's why Boyce and I kill him every single time.

just adding to these two and their conversation @Obindo.6802 @Buran.3796 if something is simple and easy then why not exploit it? its what i tell my enemies when they spam that im playing an unskilled whatever it is in whatever game "whats to be feared more an idiot with a complex weapon or a genus with a simple weapon" (its just a phrase to those who will try to argue with me and put me down for playing an easy class i don't care i play what i think is fun)

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Obindo.6802" said:

> > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> >

> > > Full Counter isn't a fine tuned skill, is jus a key that is pressed as soon as is out of cooldown even by high skilled warriors.

> >

> > Only in outnumbered and exceptions

> >

> >

>

> Saw Vaans hitting F2 all the time as soon as was ready in a lot of 1 vs 1 and He is a very good player, so the skill is so spammable that reminds me those current Crusaders in Diablo III which runs the Condemn build with a timed macro to perpeutally cast Comdemn.

>

> The visual glitch ads an extra benefit due if a player stops attacking you due the sphere remains on view that gives you extra time to both gain health (signet) and reduce the cd to the real activation. Of course you can be selective with your timmings, but due the visual bugs and the plenitude of ticking AoE damage and random stuff in the game the best tactic is just to spam it.

Any class that can stow its attacks fairly easily (which is pretty much everything) can counter FC pretty hard, especially in 1v1 scenarios. Its a mind game. Gotta try and bait out the full counter while the warrior has to try and recognize when to guarantee to get hit.

> @"czerwoni.9563" said:

> just adding to these two and their conversation @Obindo.6802 @Buran.3796 if something is simple and easy then why not exploit it? its what i tell my enemies when they spam that im playing an unskilled whatever it is in whatever game "whats to be feared more an idiot with a complex weapon or a genus with a simple weapon" (its just a phrase to those who will try to argue with me and put me down for playing an easy class i don't care i play what i think is fun)

Well, I wasn't trying to discredit the use of the skill. Is just that bLind blamed people for constantly hitting SB's FC in low gold, and "their stupidity" would cause future nerfs in the class. But I find that is a bit unfair moar because 1) the visual clues remain glitched and 2) the skill is spammed and in a 5 vs 5 game with so much things flying on the air in team skirmishes is very easy to make a proc. I myself avoid playing mele gainst SB when I saw more team mates joining to the fight, but not every class had that choice. ANet should remake the effect in a fashion that secures that is only visible when the skill is active, so when it ends, you now that have at least a window of X seconds until the next time that will be available.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> Stupid people gonna get warrior nerfed even further out of the meta. Warrior is well balanced atm but has no place in meta groups. Everything it does well is done better (and then some) by other classes.

>

> In low gold where people CONTINUE to attack into Full Counter and use their bursts into Ignore Pain, warrior remains "OP." As soon as you hit reasonable skill levels where people actually understand even the BASICS of how their opponents play, warrior drops off extremely quickly.

This. We are in a good place after last balance patch. Hoping ANET takes care of the real issue which is Scourge and Chrono

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"czerwoni.9563" said:

> > just adding to these two and their conversation @Obindo.6802 @Buran.3796 if something is simple and easy then why not exploit it? its what i tell my enemies when they spam that im playing an unskilled whatever it is in whatever game "whats to be feared more an idiot with a complex weapon or a genus with a simple weapon" (its just a phrase to those who will try to argue with me and put me down for playing an easy class i don't care i play what i think is fun)

>

> Well, I wasn't trying to discredit the use of the skill. Is just that bLind blamed people for constantly hitting SB's FC in low gold, and "their stupidity" would cause future nerfs in the class. But I find that is a bit unfair moar because 1) the visual clues remain glitched and 2) the skill is spammed and in a 5 vs 5 game with so much things flying on the air in team skirmishes is very easy to make a proc. I myself avoid playing mele gainst SB when I saw more team mates joining to the fight, but not every class had that choice. ANet should remake the effect in a fashion that secures that is only visible when the skill is active, so when it ends, you now that have at least a window of X seconds until the next time that will be available.

i know lol no worries and dang is ranked toxic