Profession suggestion - I am bored of my one shot builds

Vivilett.8509

> @"FASTCAR.7831" said:

> > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > So a while back i asked for a troll build both in healing and damage

> >

> > Made a de that can pretty much one shot anyone

> >

> > Made a mirage that not one shots but with multi skills kills pretty close to it

> >

> > Now it was fun at first but because it was too easy i have become bored

> >

> > Any professions that can fight both zerg and roaming yet not the easy builds I mentioned

> >

> > One that can give my adversary a fighting chance?

> >

> > I messed around with a grieving mirage was fun but too easy to escape ans reset

>

> Can you post a few vids of how easy you do all this? We would love to see you in action

Why would i help the enemy this is war

Lol sound familiar =)

It's no secret de and mesmer you can create one shot builds

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> >

>

> In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

> @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > >

> >

> > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

>

> It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

Those builds do nothing to me,

waiting on a proof of concept vid

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > So a while back i asked for a troll build both in healing and damage

> >

> > Made a de that can pretty much one shot anyone

> >

> > Made a mirage that not one shots but with multi skills kills pretty close to it

> >

> > Now it was fun at first but because it was too easy i have become bored

> >

> > Any professions that can fight both zerg and roaming yet not the easy builds I mentioned

> >

> > **One that can give my adversary a fighting chance?**

> >

> > I messed around with a grieving mirage was fun but too easy to escape ans reset

>

> Play any ele build that isn’t sceptre Weaver.

I did try the s/d weaver build but got wrecked on that one , checked out @"Lasiurus.4067" guide and the combos helped out tons but still not easy lol

> @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > >

> >

> > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

>

> It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > > >

> > >

> > > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

> >

> > It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

>

> No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

That's a valid point

> @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > So a while back i asked for a troll build both in healing and damage

> > >

> > > Made a de that can pretty much one shot anyone

> > >

> > > Made a mirage that not one shots but with multi skills kills pretty close to it

> > >

> > > Now it was fun at first but because it was too easy i have become bored

> > >

> > > Any professions that can fight both zerg and roaming yet not the easy builds I mentioned

> > >

> > > **One that can give my adversary a fighting chance?**

> > >

> > > I messed around with a grieving mirage was fun but too easy to escape ans reset

> >

> > Play any ele build that isn’t sceptre Weaver.

>

> I did try the s/d weaver build but got wrecked on that one , checked out @"Lasiurus.4067" guide and the combos helped out tons but still not easy lol

Well you did say you were bored on the other builds because they were too easy and you wanted to give people a chance.

S/D Weaver has tons of evades as you get perma vigor, 2 on the weapon skills, 2 from twist of fate, another on updraft and if you really want you can run endurance regen food which would give you more evades than anything but daredevil and adventure runes mirage. You also regen health like a madman and have excessive cleansing power through cleansing water, other than the above features I’d say it’s just about the most fair elite spec you will fight at the moment.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > So a while back i asked for a troll build both in healing and damage

> > > >

> > > > Made a de that can pretty much one shot anyone

> > > >

> > > > Made a mirage that not one shots but with multi skills kills pretty close to it

> > > >

> > > > Now it was fun at first but because it was too easy i have become bored

> > > >

> > > > Any professions that can fight both zerg and roaming yet not the easy builds I mentioned

> > > >

> > > > **One that can give my adversary a fighting chance?**

> > > >

> > > > I messed around with a grieving mirage was fun but too easy to escape ans reset

> > >

> > > Play any ele build that isn’t sceptre Weaver.

> >

> > I did try the s/d weaver build but got wrecked on that one , checked out @"Lasiurus.4067" guide and the combos helped out tons but still not easy lol

>

> Well you did say you were bored on the other builds because they were too easy and you wanted to give people a chance.

>

> S/D Weaver has tons of evades as you get perma vigor, 2 on the weapon skills, 2 from twist of fate, another on updraft and if you really want you can run endurance regen food which would give you more evades than anything but daredevil and adventure runes mirage. You also regen health like a madman and have excessive cleansing power through cleansing water, other than the above features I’d say it’s just about the most fair elite spec you will fight at the moment.

No doubt its a fun build i am just not used to it got to practice , hate getting mega owned but at least its not no chance for the other player

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > > >

> > >

> > > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

> >

> > It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

>

> No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

Who died? It's 'griefing'

And really? Your post makes me want to run it. I can think of so many more things I want developers to worry about.

You talk like it matters to win?

It's not worth the stress, nor letting it get to you.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

> > >

> > > It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

> >

> > No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

>

> Who died? It's 'griefing'

>

> And really? Your post makes me want to run it. I can think of so many more things I want developers to worry about.

>

> You talk like it matters to win?

>

> It's not worth the stress, nor letting it get to you.

Wow so I made a typo. Are you always this annoying or is this a special day for you?

Well go and run it if you want to be a coward, I joined WvW to do some fighting but perhaps not everyone is comfortable with that. And yes WvW is about winning fights, wtf do you think it's about then.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > > > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > > > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

> > > >

> > > > It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

> > >

> > > No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

> >

> > Who died? It's 'griefing'

> >

> > And really? Your post makes me want to run it. I can think of so many more things I want developers to worry about.

> >

> > You talk like it matters to win?

> >

> > It's not worth the stress, nor letting it get to you.

>

> Wow so I made a typo. Are you always this annoying or is this a special day for you?

>

> . And yes WvW is about winning fights, kitten do you think it's about then.

So... you missed the part about keep tapping then? And that the build was used for purposes OTHER than fights (and is used to avoid them?

So... if you are worried about a keep tapper, how, on Gods green earth does that even relate to winning fights?

If it's about PPT then I think 3/4 of NA disagrees with you.

> @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > > So a while back i asked for a troll build both in healing and damage

> > > > >

> > > > > Made a de that can pretty much one shot anyone

> > > > >

> > > > > Made a mirage that not one shots but with multi skills kills pretty close to it

> > > > >

> > > > > Now it was fun at first but because it was too easy i have become bored

> > > > >

> > > > > Any professions that can fight both zerg and roaming yet not the easy builds I mentioned

> > > > >

> > > > > **One that can give my adversary a fighting chance?**

> > > > >

> > > > > I messed around with a grieving mirage was fun but too easy to escape ans reset

> > > >

> > > > Play any ele build that isn’t sceptre Weaver.

> > >

> > > I did try the s/d weaver build but got wrecked on that one , checked out @"Lasiurus.4067" guide and the combos helped out tons but still not easy lol

> >

> > Well you did say you were bored on the other builds because they were too easy and you wanted to give people a chance.

> >

> > S/D Weaver has tons of evades as you get perma vigor, 2 on the weapon skills, 2 from twist of fate, another on updraft and if you really want you can run endurance regen food which would give you more evades than anything but daredevil and adventure runes mirage. You also regen health like a madman and have excessive cleansing power through cleansing water, other than the above features I’d say it’s just about the most fair elite spec you will fight at the moment.

>

> No doubt its a fun build i am just not used to it got to practice , hate getting mega owned but at least its not no chance for the other player

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAF5idOA+4CM5iFWAjIBcACAFbg8XF4eL3lLzA-j1haQBAQ5D9U/xS7PMQlgqTHwI0C4PlQkCIwlVA-w

This is what I run, half grieving and half celestial, primordial stance with lava skin can do really great cleave for downed and the rest of the time you kite and keep sustaining with riptide (dodge in water to get healing ripple, wait 1s then use riptide) and then blasting it with the evade in earth mainhand. I mean you aren’t strictly better than a SB but you can sustain for a while.

You can switch to the master trait in weaver to lesser stone resonance if you need more stab/defence and switch grieving for celestial till you get the balance you want. Can take auto arcane shield if you really need it but you will have a lot less boon uptime and you don’t really need it.

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > > @"Vivilett.8509" said:

> > > > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > > > > @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > > > > > > If you want to watch the world burn, then play minstrel's daredevil with all the evade skills and traits and equip adventurer runes. Once you've done that, choose a server you dislike the most and make their keep perma tapped with your excess of damage skills while invulnerable. It also gets pretty entertaining when there's +8 people chasing you.

> > > > > > > Sample build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWWn0MB9OhFmCmOBkmiFqiqLBCgDw7CShBYO73+xH-j1xHQBwT9nHqEEc6C2x+DK7RAAQlfA4KAEA4AY+5T+5Dc/93f/93X5nf+5nf+5nf+5LFQVq0A-w

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In other words a kitten build? No thanks.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's a fun build to bait people to the zerg , did that a few times

> > > >

> > > > No it's not fun, I would even call it grieving. And Anet should do something about it. No matter how you see it no single thief or single character for that matter should be able to contest a keep for the whole evening.

> > >

> > > Who died? It's 'griefing'

> > >

> > > And really? Your post makes me want to run it. I can think of so many more things I want developers to worry about.

> > >

> > > You talk like it matters to win?

> > >

> > > It's not worth the stress, nor letting it get to you.

> >

> > Wow so I made a typo. Are you always this annoying or is this a special day for you?

> >

> > . And yes WvW is about winning fights, kitten do you think it's about then.

>

> So... you missed the part about keep tapping then? And that the build was used for purposes OTHER than fights (and is used to avoid them?

>

> So... if you are worried about a keep tapper, how, on Gods green earth does that even relate to winning fights?

>

> If it's about PPT then I think 3/4 of NA disagrees with you.

No no. You don't get what I am saying. Keep tapping is high reward. It can keep a big group from reaching you faster. So I think high reward is usually high risk. Like before with a small roaming group we would always try to tap it. But you knew that sometimes it will get you killed. With this thief build you will not get killed. So I say that is too much reward for no risk at all.

And myself I do not like these builds because I came there to fight. Not chase uncatchable thiefs that should not exist in the first place.

I don't need you to agree with me but that is how I see things.

> Understood. I disagree about the reward part, because that thief is getting no loot... and probably no participation, but I do see your point,

Loot no, but at least it used to be that comms would pay and give group par to dedicated tappers. Opinions of what WvW is about for who aside, it's a very powerful tool to make your opponent run farther. So, strictly in terms of advantage I would agree that it should be harder to tap/keep a wp tapped. More people, more effort/damage, diminishing returns?

To the OPs question, you can make off meta mirage and thief builds that support more of a dueling playstyle while maintaining the benefits of mobility stealth and evade. Usually resulting in having to counterplay or even lose a good duel.

Let's face it, one shots might be entertaining, but the truth is they mean you're copping out on fighting. We have a word for that where I'm from. One shot deadeye takes a little more effort, but one shot Mesmer is for wussies.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > Understood. I disagree about the reward part, because that thief is getting no loot... and probably no participation, but I do see your point,

>

> Loot no, but at least it used to be that comms would pay and give group par to dedicated tappers. Opinions of what WvW is about for who aside, it's a very powerful tool to make your opponent run farther. So, strictly in terms of advantage I would agree that it should be harder to tap/keep a wp tapped. More people, more effort/damage, diminishing returns?

The build isn't the issue. Make the mechanics of what constitutes a keep 'contest' different. Mesmers, rangers are both also extremely proficient at this. Quite honestly, any class with some modicum of mobility can keep a keep tapped indefinitely.

These are two separate issues.

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Understood. I disagree about the reward part, because that thief is getting no loot... and probably no participation, but I do see your point,

> >

> > Loot no, but at least it used to be that comms would pay and give group par to dedicated tappers. Opinions of what WvW is about for who aside, it's a very powerful tool to make your opponent run farther. So, strictly in terms of advantage I would agree that it should be harder to tap/keep a wp tapped. More people, more effort/damage, diminishing returns?

>

> The build isn't the issue. Make the mechanics of what constitutes a keep 'contest' different. Mesmers, rangers are both also extremely proficient at this. Quite honestly, any class with some modicum of mobility can keep a keep tapped indefinitely.

>

> These are two separate issues.

True, which is what I just said.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > Understood. I disagree about the reward part, because that thief is getting no loot... and probably no participation, but I do see your point,

> > >

> > > Loot no, but at least it used to be that comms would pay and give group par to dedicated tappers. Opinions of what WvW is about for who aside, it's a very powerful tool to make your opponent run farther. So, strictly in terms of advantage I would agree that it should be harder to tap/keep a wp tapped. More people, more effort/damage, diminishing returns?

> >

> > The build isn't the issue. Make the mechanics of what constitutes a keep 'contest' different. Mesmers, rangers are both also extremely proficient at this. Quite honestly, any class with some modicum of mobility can keep a keep tapped indefinitely.

> >

> > These are two separate issues.

>

> True, which is what I just said.

Quoted not to argue with you, but to strengthen my point with yours. :smile:

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> To the OPs question, you can make off meta mirage and thief builds that support more of a dueling playstyle while maintaining the benefits of mobility stealth and evade. Usually resulting in having to counterplay or even lose a good duel.

>

> Let's face it, one shots might be entertaining, but the truth is they mean you're copping out on fighting. We have a word for that where I'm from. One shot deadeye takes a little more effort, but one shot Mesmer is for wussies.

Lol i wouldn't go that far but the one shot builds are one sided fun

I did the mirage with The Twins gear and that is very fun . it does have tons of evasive and stealth get out of jail card

I still feel that build although not 1 shot is very low risk at least based on the fights i had for a week

> @"Dahir.4158" said:

> You can try ele:

> It's a fun class with a lot of damage. Wouldn't recommend staff for roaming, but since you want one for zerging etc. this should be fine.

I can attest to this. If you want a challenge play weaver. Marauder/Zerk - staff build for zergging, or a Marshal's/Crusader/Cele - sword/dagger build for roaming and small groups.