> @"Phoebe Ascension.8437" said:

> I hope desktop readers are not forgotten! Reading on desktop should be easier then on smartphone because of the giant screen, but with more and more site, it feels the opposite. Smartphone is not the new holy 'read forums' grail. Support desktop/laptop too.

I totally agree.

It should be browser-based with mobile **support**. I mean, you **have** to play Guild Wars 2 on a COMPUTER, why make the forums for the game more mobile-oriented than browser-oriented? That seems like backwards thinking to me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for adding all the new features! The options and QoL certainly feels more "open". My only critiques are:

1. Bring back the arrows that allow you to quickly sift through dev posts

2. Have more avatars available, but don't allow users to upload their own. I think it's great that they are all game-related. It keeps the theme of the official site unified.

3. Incorporate more of the old forum's design language. They were minimal, cohesive and beautiful. These look a bit tawdry in comparison. Also, they simultaneously feel both empty and cluttered. The first two points were preferences, but I feel strongly about this one.

Just my opinion.

Can't wait for PoF!!!!!

<3

> @CornishRose.2815 said:

> I already miss the "see what the Devs are doing" sub forum, predominantly for super quick patchnotes link (yes i know there is a patchnotes subforum, but at one time it was quicker load time to access the notes via the Devs forum)

oh DW, i see the Dev tracker thing at the top of the screen now, just getting used to the arrangements, although would like to see the particular Dev comment rather than just the thread

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Welcome to our new official forums! We're glad you're here, and hope you enjoy all the improvements these forums offer you.

>

> Please post your input about the forums here. If you encounter a forum bug, please share the details in this thread. If you find a graphical or visual bug, please host a screenshot on a photo-sharing site and provide a link.

>

> We will be gathering your input and will address issues as soon as we are able to do so.

>

>

>

I have global theme that works ok with all my stuff like youtube, twitch and gw2 forums, both new and old ones. u first need to download Stylish to be able to use these themes. here's a link where you can find a style that suits you, just remember to work on gw2 forums u need to get a global one.

https://userstyles.org/styles/browse?category=browser

I have worked as a designer of message boards since before vbulletin existed. I understand why certain changes were made. I don't like some of the choices, but many were made to deal with those of us that gave them reason to. Myself I have a habit of missing a piece of punctuation or word typing in haste and go back and edit. But the fault is mine. I will say the list of who up voted a post is a bad idea. Using their avatars adds clutter. I think adding an overflow line to the css tag would add scroll bars, and reduce the amount of space used. To be honest a link to a list is far more efficient. Overall the flow of the thread is difficult to follow, the light colors are over powered by the avatars, and color choices used to accent. Sorry to be blunt, but the old forums were much easier on old eyes.

> @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> > How do we edit a post?

>

>

> If you're talking editing a post after you posted it, there's a cog wheel that gives you that option, it's aligned with you name but on the right side, but if you are making a post there's option to edit below the window you're typing in.

Yes my timer had expired. Thanks though :)

I don't think I'm saying anything new at this point, but it's feedback.

Being logged out after so short a time is probably something that helps very much on your end but is incredibly annoying on ours. All the white space is incredibly jarring. I love the icons, personally, but would love more options. I'm sure there will be some when PoF comes out but more with faces would be nice. I love a system that lets you earn things but taking away what we already had only to earn it back seems a bit gross to me. I do like the style, and I love the content edit options for bold, italic, strikethrough, etc. I personally never cared about having images in my posts or not so it doesn't matter any to me. Thank you for giving us something new to play with though, especially so soon to the expansion!

:)

> @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

> > @Lairin.4528 said:

> > Whoa I had a few threads open to come back to reading after dinner. Upon returning and starting to read through one of the threads, the page then completely reloads.

> > > You've Been Signed Out

> > > You were signed out due to inactivity.

> >

> > All my tabs then redirect to this logged out page and _I cannot return to the return to the page after logging back in_.

> > The back button on the browser might work if I hadn't opened new tabs on each...

>

> What browser are you using?

Not that guy but the same thing happened to me, using Chrome.

Yaaaaay - new forums! :3

I really like the new overall look of the forums, although it feels more like a comment section on some blog rather than a real forum. Moving the names of the authors to the left instead of keeping them above their posts might help.

The subforums overview is really confusing to me - there are simply too many pieces of information; it's all cluttered up and unclear. I don't need to see the OPs avatar, before I open his/her thread. The font size is too big for my taste, too; would be nice if we could get an option to choose our own.

I'm also not really sure how I feel about certain functionalities of the forum being locked behind badges and postcounts. I think it could lead to a lot of misuse and spam. Besides, I've been playing this franchise for a decade now; I spent 6,5k hours ingame - would be nice if I at least could choose my own avatar and signature :/

Anyways ... really happy we finally got new forums! Soooo shiny *_*

Automatic logouts have a really short, uncustomizeable duration compared to the old forums, and it would be a great feature to have a button in a thread to skip to the next Dev post so we know right away what Devs have said, and in the Dev's post a button to skip to the next Dev post in the thread.