Woah...I only bookmarked a handful of threads but when I logged in today I had 41(!!!) notifications! Instead of showing me every single new comment in the notifications you could summarize it like this:

11 new replies on thread abc

5 new replies on thread fgh

23 new replies on thread xyz

I hope you know what I mean :) I know that it's possible because another website I was on had it exactly like that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Welcome to our new official forums! We're glad you're here, and hope you enjoy all the improvements these forums offer you.

>

> Please post your input about the forums here. If you encounter a forum bug, please share the details in this thread. If you find a graphical or visual bug, please host a screenshot on a photo-sharing site and provide a link.

>

> We will be gathering your input and will address issues as soon as we are able to do so.

>

>

>

Honestly 16 pages in I don't think the devs will see this, but I will post it anyway.

In the **Dev Tracker**, when we click on a **Dev Post**, can you please make it so it **jumps us to THAT Post Specifically, not to the thread**. I am only interested in the post the Developer makes, not the hundreds of posts players usually make

This is an amazing improvement on the old forums, but there's definitely room for improvement:

User custom avatars - Yes, this requires moderation, however paid accounts deserve the privilege of custom avatars to express their individuality

User signatures - same reasoning as above

Themes - right now these forums have a headache-inducing amount of white space. allow a dark theme, or even HoT/PoF style themes

Remove up/down votes - This sort of system has no place in a BBS style forum, this isn't reddit and up/down votes really serve no purpose here other than as a tool to attack people with rather than stimulate conversation

Move to Next ANet Post button - For threads where multiple red posts have been made, allow a method to move directly to each new ANet post, rather than having to trawl through hundreds of posts or use the dev tracker with no context for the post

> @Aenaos.8160 said:

> "Draft saved".

> Does this needs to pop right where I'm typing every time I add one more letter to my post?

> Give us an option to disable this pop up.

It would be nice if this popup was ghosted and on a timer before fading (say 3 seconds or so), rather than a popup that stays up, gets in the way and has to be manually closed

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm confused about the 'Draft saved' feature. It pops up all the time while typing, but when I look at my 'Saved Drafts', I see only one. Where are they, or was is the catalyst that makes the forum _actually_ save a draft?

Its saved as a draft in the entry box at the bottom of the page you were typing/posting in. You may find, months later, coming to a thread you started to type in, a draft of what you were going to say.

**My Feedback**

**Can't Edit whenever I want**

I Don't like how there is a timer on when you can edit your post. I like editing my post whenever I want. I find myself updating my guides by editing them or editing my posts because of spelling mistakes a lot and with the introduction with timers for editing, I feel greatly limited.

**Can't PM anyone.**

I Don't like how there is no option to PM anyone... I tried to PM Gaily Gray or others and without the feature to PM, I feel greatly limited in communicating with others.

**Can't delete my own threads**

There are times I would like to delete my own thread when I feel the information I provided is outdated or irreverent. Having to contact a forum moderator to delete my thread is inconvenience and I would like a feature that lets us do it ourselves.

**The Auto-Save to Draft Pop-Up is annoyingly placed**

I don't like how the auto-save draft keeps poping up in weird places that covers where I am typing. I rather it pop up on the top right corner of the screen instead.

**Bad Layout for Desktop**

When people go to Forums, the first subforums we want to see is General Discussions, PVP, WvW, Fractals, Dungeons & Raids, Players Helping Players, Lore, and Professions. We don't want too see a "Welcome" paragraph with the Latest ArenaNet Posts on the top page of the website. We also don't need too see the Support subforums on the top page of the website... Please but them on the bottom of the web page AFTER the Profession subforum.

**Example**

--------------------------------------------

General Discussions

PvP

WvW

Fractals

Dungeons & Raids

Players Helping Players

Lore

Professions

Support -

Account and Technical Support

Bugs: Game, Forums, Website

Latest Posts from ArenaNet

----------------------------------------

**Let's try to make this new Forum at least be user friendly for desktop users. We really need these basic features. :anguished:**

**Dev Tracker Feedback:**

My suggestion is to add a button on the left side of the actual thread that filters the conversation to only show the developer's replies to that thread only so it's easier to track the feedback you want. An addition, the ability to Reply to the feedback you want on the Dev Tracker would make it accessible for all players to be able to communicate much effectively with the developers. **Please watch my 50 second video too see how I think the new Dev Tracker should function:**

**As you can see, this makes it much easier to track the dev conversation and to reply to them.**

I am not sure if it was mentioned or not, but:

The BBCodes with edited nicknames (example without code-> www.guildwars2.com = clickable "this site") appear as the exactly same colour and font as the entire text in the post when viewing the Forums on mobile phone making it very hard to actually find out if/where is any link in the post.

Can we get this fixed/adjusted please?

"

You've Been Signed Out

You were signed out due to inactivity.

"

this one is even worse as not beeing redirected to where you came from on sign in

this logs you out and you loose anyway of knowing on which side it logged you out cant even get back to the link you where on with back as you would normally do

what a crap as all site I opened in different tabs are lost :-(

**You've Been Signed Out

You were signed out due to inactivity.**

Please!

I turn off my computer for 8+ hours and come back still signed in. But whenever I have 2 conversation open in different tabs, one will sign me out after a few minutes and then I have to enter my name and password again every time.

Also, this: [imgur](https://i.imgur.com/CHXprUD.jpg)

I just found out there is a light off mode but only if you edit comment in fullscreen. It should be enabled on the entire forum!