Epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > I never said it removes mechanics

> I don't know...

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> >

> Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > I don't know...

> > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > >

> > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

>

> Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > I don't know...

> > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > >

> > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> >

> > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

>

> Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics. Look at raidar. There are some pre-nerf weaver logs there now as well, and they pull off about 60% of what the scourges do. Because they have actual effort to put for their damage output. I shouldn't need to tell you how such a dramatic difference in dps translates to less mechanics. So I guess in a way Epi bouncing *does* ignore some mechanics. At least quantitatively.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > > I don't know...

> > > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > > >

> > > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> > >

> > > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

> >

> > Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> > And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

>

> Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics.

That wasn't your argument though. Your argument was that you could reduce the whole fight to just using epi, which is objectively not true.

Yes, scourge epi spam, _was_ easier (although not to the degree some people suggested) than fully optimized weaver rota. Neither however allowed you to ignore boss mechanics. Not anymore than a weaver dps already could.

Did higher dps allow you to pass through the fight faster, and thus with less chance of failing something? Yes, it did. that's however, again, equally true to any class currently at the top of dps charts. It was as true for eles before, it will be as true for the next dps overlords (whoever they may be) now.

And notice, that the difference between weaver and scourge now is way, way greater than before. And, unlike before, that's true on _all_ bosses. But it's apparently all right because this time it's necro that is always losing in that comparison.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > > > I don't know...

> > > > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> > > >

> > > > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

> > >

> > > Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> > > And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

> >

> > Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics.

> That wasn't your argument though. Your argument was that you could reduce the whole fight to just using epi, which is objectively not true.

You'll seriously nitpick over semantics??? Fine, whatever. It was pretty clear what I meant for anyone who has ever tried the fight. Epi got nerfed. Move on.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > > I don't know...

> > > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > > >

> > > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> > >

> > > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

> >

> > Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> > And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

>

> Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics. Look at raidar. There are some pre-nerf weaver logs there now as well, and they pull off about 60% of what the scourges do. Because they have actual effort to put for their damage output. I shouldn't need to tell you how such a dramatic difference in dps translates to less mechanics. So I guess in a way Epi bouncing *does* ignore some mechanics. At least quantitatively.

Oh you mean like how a full weaver group can do less than 1 full rotation per phase at vg? Or how a weaver group can skip updrafts at gorse? Or how a mirage group can ignore cannons at sabetha? Or how a weaver group can do a single mushroom at sloth? Or how a mirage group can reduce matt to only 2 sacrifices? Or how a weaver group can ignore bombs, spirits, and do single orb at kc? Or how a weaver group can keep xera standing still? Or how a mirage group can skip cairn's movement phase? Or how a weaver/mirage group can kill mo without any statues powering up? or how a weaver group can do fewer greens and soul sucks at dhuum?

Lets be clear, your issue isn't skipping mechanics. Your issue is that necro could compete at any of the above bosses.

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > > > I don't know...

> > > > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> > > >

> > > > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

> > >

> > > Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> > > And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

> >

> > Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics. Look at raidar. There are some pre-nerf weaver logs there now as well, and they pull off about 60% of what the scourges do. Because they have actual effort to put for their damage output. I shouldn't need to tell you how such a dramatic difference in dps translates to less mechanics. So I guess in a way Epi bouncing *does* ignore some mechanics. At least quantitatively.

>

> Oh you mean like how a full weaver group can do less than 1 full rotation per phase at vg? Or how a weaver group can skip updrafts at gorse? Or how a mirage group can ignore cannons at sabetha? Or how a weaver group can do a single mushroom at sloth? Or how a mirage group can reduce matt to only 2 sacrifices? Or how a weaver group can ignore bombs, spirits, and do single orb at kc? Or how a weaver group can keep xera standing still? Or how a mirage group can skip cairn's movement phase? Or how a weaver/mirage group can kill mo without any statues powering up? or how a weaver group can do fewer greens and soul sucks at dhuum?

>

> Lets be clear, your issue isn't skipping mechanics. Your issue is that necro could compete at any of the above bosses.

My issue is dramatic difference on the hardest encounter available. Which VG, Sloth, Sabetha and KC aren't. It doesn't matter what happens there, any sensible group with any sensible dps builds can wreck them. Dhuum CM, you can't.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > I never said it removes mechanics

> > > > > > I don't know...

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > That was not the point. Reducing the hardest boss to "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" *is* a problem.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Seems like now your trying to back out of it because I called you out on it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seems like you're reading what you want to read instead of what is written.

> > > >

> > > > Well, you can't reduce any raid boss to just "target add, look below its health bar, press epi" unless you can completely ignore all the mechanics.

> > > > And not even then, actually, because you do need conditions first in order to be able to epi them. Epidemics alone deals exactly 0 damage.

> > >

> > > Mechanics you deal with anyway. It's the nature of the dpsing I'm talking about and it is SO much easier to do with Epidemics. Look at raidar. There are some pre-nerf weaver logs there now as well, and they pull off about 60% of what the scourges do. Because they have actual effort to put for their damage output. I shouldn't need to tell you how such a dramatic difference in dps translates to less mechanics. So I guess in a way Epi bouncing *does* ignore some mechanics. At least quantitatively.

> >

> > Oh you mean like how a full weaver group can do less than 1 full rotation per phase at vg? Or how a weaver group can skip updrafts at gorse? Or how a mirage group can ignore cannons at sabetha? Or how a weaver group can do a single mushroom at sloth? Or how a mirage group can reduce matt to only 2 sacrifices? Or how a weaver group can ignore bombs, spirits, and do single orb at kc? Or how a weaver group can keep xera standing still? Or how a mirage group can skip cairn's movement phase? Or how a weaver/mirage group can kill mo without any statues powering up? or how a weaver group can do fewer greens and soul sucks at dhuum?

> >

> > Lets be clear, your issue isn't skipping mechanics. Your issue is that necro could compete at any of the above bosses.

>

> My issue is dramatic difference on the hardest encounter available. Which VG, Sloth, Sabetha and KC aren't. It doesn't matter what happens there, any sensible group with any sensible dps builds can wreck them. Dhuum CM, you can't.

Yeah sure, thats why you spent this thread arguing that dhuum should just be immune to epi the same way a target with resistance is immune to epi. Oh wait no you didn't. You just argued for the bounce to be killed.

Well , its killed, and now necro is 25% below meta dps benchmarks. Sure looks balanced. You yourself once said:

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> I like it better when different builds excel in different scenarios.

Well without epi necro excels at none of the raids. Grats

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > I like it better when different builds excel in different scenarios.

> Well without epi necro excels at none of the raids. Grats

If you'll allow me:

> I like it better when different _elementalist_ builds excel in different scenarios.

After all elementalists still excel against large target scenarii.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Digit.1823" said:

> > Necros, we shall remember you fondly....always, for your epidemic shenanigans. RIP NECROS IN RAIDS 2017-2018

>

> That was just 2018... ;)

> It was more: Rip necros in raids April/July 2018

Well there was that time when Necro minions could be healed, effectively making them immortal cus they also took reduced damage, so you took minion master builds that could dish out good bleeding damage. Pretty sure that was last year, until of course they also nerfed that. :)

> @"Digit.1823" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Digit.1823" said:

> > > Necros, we shall remember you fondly....always, for your epidemic shenanigans. RIP NECROS IN RAIDS 2017-2018

> >

> > That was just 2018... ;)

> > It was more: Rip necros in raids April/July 2018

>

> Well there was that time when Necro minions could be healed, effectively making them immortal cus they also took reduced damage, so you took minion master builds that could dish out good bleeding damage. Pretty sure that was last year, until of course they also nerfed that. :)

2 years ago and they were awfully faster at fixing the "issue".

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

>

>

> good thing its nerfed now

Straight from their reddit thread:

"In one of our tries someone spiked really hard after the first Epi bounce and made us think what caused it. We figured out that the projectiles from Epi that was meant for the other seekers got eaten by the boss causing it to get an insane amount of condis. However as we tried to reproduce it came clear it's a bit of RNG so we started pulling the seekers into a favorable spot. This way it was still RNG but the multiple hits occured more frequently than before. Also we gave it a name and it became OMEGAEpi."

Seems pretty clear that this is a bug considering the may 18 patch literally tried to fix a similar problem by making projectiles pierce.

I guess we will see what happens, but I think your probably jumping the gun.

edit: furthermore, based on the comments it sounds like these records were done before the patch? It isn't completely clear to me

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> You'll seriously nitpick over semantics???

No. That wasn't just semantics however, that was some serious misrepresentation of what was going on.

Besides, it's not hard to notice that most people asking for epi nerf, and bringing up the "mechanic skipping" argument, weren't really concerned about said mechanic skipping when it was being done by other classes.

> Epi got nerfed.

So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

>

>

> good thing its nerfed now

Suuure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbxW2PtcHxM

Apparently only necros can't do things like that.

> > Epi got nerfed.

> So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

So was weaver actually. Yeah, it had highest potential. It was needed to make it worthwhile. Now it's just not worth it for the vast majority of the players. The sad part is there will still be many too lazy to think who will request it, so it will probably get nerfed again and again and again. It's just what passes for balance here. It has happened with ele time and again. Literally every balance patch since I play the game actively has been ruining ele dps. As if we ever had anything beside it.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Literally every balance patch since I play the game actively has been ruining ele dps. As if we ever had anything beside it.

Literally _the_ highest healing output possible in the game. And I wouldn't be surprised that if you spec them the right way, they have the 2nd best CC capabilities as well. Or in other words the full triangle is yours!

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Literally every balance patch since I play the game actively has been ruining ele dps. As if we ever had anything beside it.

>

> Literally _the_ highest healing output possible in the game. And I wouldn't be surprised that if you spec them the right way, they have the 2nd best CC capabilities as well. Or in other words the full triangle is yours!

Yeah, except it's completely useless.

First, nobody ever needed all that healing. Druids do a lot less and it covers all the needs, sometimes you can even get away with a single druid for the 10-man squad. Oh, and all the extra healing? It comes at the cost of losing all that offensive druid support. Effectively trading something of value for something of no value.

Second, nobody will waste a full raid slot only for your CC. Reason? Plenty of builds who supply tons of CC for very little or no cost at all. Mirages with moas, chronos with moas, berserkers with headbutt, etc.

So yeah. We have the options to fully invest in something not needed and become useless. Great, huh?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > > Literally every balance patch since I play the game actively has been ruining ele dps. As if we ever had anything beside it.

> >

> > Literally _the_ highest healing output possible in the game. And I wouldn't be surprised that if you spec them the right way, they have the 2nd best CC capabilities as well. Or in other words the full triangle is yours!

>

> Yeah, except it's completely useless.

> First, nobody ever needed all that healing. Druids do a lot less and it covers all the needs, sometimes you can even get away with a single druid for the 10-man squad.

> Second, nobody will waste a full raid slot only for your CC. Reason? Plenty of builds who supply tons of CC for very little or no cost at all. Mirages with moas, chronos with moas, berserkers with headbutt, etc.

> So yeah. We have the options to fully invest in something not needed and become useless. Great, huh?

Welcome to Necro's world, since ... forever now!

Edit: oh wait, except that the Necro doesn't even have/had any of those options let alone be the top tier DPS (yea, only for a few weeks/months, until it gets nerfed to the ground!)

Edit2: And before I forget, let me throw with all the memes now: You wouldn't be _that_ useless, you would still be very **viable**!!!! (Oh for every time a Necro heard that one ... )

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Epi got nerfed.

> > So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

>

> So was weaver actually. Yeah, it had highest potential. It was needed to make it worthwhile. Now it's just not worth it for the vast majority of the players.

It's still worth it for more players than necro. Many more, because even now it still has really good dps when used well, while necro is kitten tier, and the only people willing to use it will be those that do not care about efficiency at all.

> The sad part is there will still be many too lazy to think who will request it, so it will probably get nerfed again and again and again. It's just what passes for balance here.

The cries for epi nerf were exactly this - people too lazy to think, and just asking for a nerf hammer to be brought out, instead of the proper balance. Well, surprise, when you ask for nerf hammer, things get hammered. And not only those you wanted, since it's not exactly a precision tool.

And, again, ele is still above average in its dps and can probably survive years of "balancing" until they reach current necro levels.

So, i can't even say "welcome to the necro world", because weaver is _still_ very far away from it.

Feanor, i've watched your comments here in this thread, and it seems you still can't get it right? Need some google translate? Because i can help you...Everyone is telling you "epi deserved to be nerfed,but they didn't put anything to balance it,so the necro is out of high end content (raids and fractals) and you're saying "But ele had only dps, so i dont care about necro". I guess, using google translate, will help you understand what ppls are trying to tell ya.

Here: https://translate.google.com/ . Don't be shy to use it.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Epi got nerfed.

> > > So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

> >

> > So was weaver actually. Yeah, it had highest potential. It was needed to make it worthwhile. Now it's just not worth it for the vast majority of the players.

> It's still worth it for more players than necro.

I'll take a pug necro over a pug ele any time when I need the cleave.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > Epi got nerfed.

> > > > So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

> > >

> > > So was weaver actually. Yeah, it had highest potential. It was needed to make it worthwhile. Now it's just not worth it for the vast majority of the players.

> > It's still worth it for more players than necro.

>

> I'll take a pug necro over a pug ele any time when I need the cleave.

Pretty unlikely. The dps loss you'd get by taking a necro is now really massive compared to other options. You might take a really good necro over a pug weaver, but a pug necro won't be worth it. The base damage will be too low. And the epi usage won't be all that stellar either.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > Epi got nerfed.

> > > > > So did weaver. It's just that weaver still has a lot of things to be nerfed in the future, while necro was way overnerfed already.

> > > >

> > > > So was weaver actually. Yeah, it had highest potential. It was needed to make it worthwhile. Now it's just not worth it for the vast majority of the players.

> > > It's still worth it for more players than necro.

> >

> > I'll take a pug necro over a pug ele any time when I need the cleave.

> Pretty unlikely. The dps loss you'd get by taking a necro is now really massive compared to other options. You might take a really good necro over a pug weaver, but a pug necro won't be worth it. The base damage will be too low. And the epi usage won't be all that stellar either.

I don't care about the dps loss from the necro - all I need them for is their Epidemic. It is no longer useful to bounce it, but it can still clear. Furthermore, the dps loss from taking a pug ele can be even bigger. I've seen pug eles deal literally half of my damage. So I'd phrase that the other way - I'd take a good weaver over a pug necro, but how do I know he's good?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> I don't care about the dps loss from the necro - all I need them for is their Epidemic. It is no longer useful to bounce it, but it can still clear. Furthermore, the dps loss from taking a pug ele can be even bigger. I've seen pug eles deal literally half of my damage. So I'd phrase that the other way - I'd take a good weaver over a pug necro, but how do I know he's good?

If it's indeed the case, that mean you are part of a minority. The vast majority will still take a bad elementalist over a random necromancer (be it good or bad). In any case this is probably won't even be a choice that anyone will ever have to do since there is also 7 other professions that can fit the dps slot before thinking about the necromancer's worth.

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> Welcome to Necro's world, since ... forever now!

> Edit: oh wait, except that the Necro doesn't even have/had any of those options let alone be the top tier DPS (yea, only for a few weeks/months, until it gets nerfed to the ground!)

> Edit2: And before I forget, let me throw with all the memes now: You wouldn't be _that_ useless, you would still be very **viable**!!!! (Oh for every time a Necro heard that one ... )

You forgot the superb quote for your meme:

> Necro is strong enough even if they would delete epi entirely, it is a 0 skill 0 effort class.

With a bit of tweek you can get:

> Ele is strong enough even without it's aoe skills, without them it's a 0 skill 0 effort class anyway.