Please Add mounts to WvW

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"CrashTheGrey.1492" said:

> > > Watering down mounts to fit them in WvW probably wouldn't feel to great. Arena Net's entire motif with mounts was adding mobility in creative ways. Creative ways that would be entirely game breaking in WvW, and thus needing to be hardly different than running with swiftness......

> > >

> > > It's like taking your mount and crippling it basically.

> > >

> > > Before you get to mount up, you have to break your raptors leg. JumpinLumpix the type of guy to take a sledgehammer to a Springers feet and make it senselessly storm a battlefield just for people to tell him his cosmetics look good.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > yah so? my springer is very nice =( and nobody can see him. I wish we had fully functional mounts in wvw, but everyone would get upset if they did anything.

>

> Fully functioning mounts in wvw? Now I know there's a lack of fully functional thinking right there. Please stop and start thinking with more sense thank you.

maybe read the context in which i was responding to him, and you'd get what I said.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how people feel about this

Now? I suggested it ages ago and encountered harsh criticism. I feel like my ideas and opinion is now vindicated.

So what are everyones thoughts mounts now, I for one am elated. ;)

Do you guys think it will be all mounts available in wvw or just the one exclusive one they showed?

I certainly hope they add all mounts to wvw so we can swap them at will and that they will all be useful for something.

There were many discussions after the announcement that displays the feelings. I foresee many issues. It took them 6 months to fix all the issues with gliding. Who knows, maybe in the long run it might be ok....

I’m personally not happy about it, but am willing to roll with the tide cause WvW is the only game mode I like. Just not looking forward to the next few months. Side note: I don’t even feel like logging in with all the issues going on at anet right now. If game might go under then why should I continue my long terms goals in game.

> @"Calisanna.8732" said:

> There were many discussions after the announcement that displays the feelings. I foresee many issues. It took them 6 months to fix all the issues with gliding. Who knows, maybe in the long run it might be ok....

>

> I’m personally not happy about it, but am willing to roll with the tide cause WvW is the only game mode I like. Just not looking forward to the next few months. Side note: I don’t even feel like logging in with all the issues going on at anet right now. If game might go under then why should I continue my long terms goals in game.

They never fixed ALL the issues with gliding.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Would break the game in a hundred different ways, no thanks.

>

> This is what people said about gliding, we saw how that turned out.

Exactly. It broke WvW for months before they "fixed it" and you can argue that they haven't since you can still glide into towers.