Phase Traversal & Deathstrike not working as intended in Action Cam.

Bailios.7518

When using Action Camera (which I almost exclusively do) the two skills Phase Traversal and Deathstrike refuse to travel their full distance or not travel at all.

With regards to Phase Traversal, this skill will simply not cast if you are not in roughly 600 range from a target. You will instead get the following error message "You must have an enemy targeted to use that skill", even though an enemy is targeted. The skill will only activate when the action cam reticle has changed, which is about 600 range, half of the 1200 range you should be able to travel.

If you are not in range for your reticle to change when using the skill Deathstrike, the skill will cast but you will remain where you stand, effectively wasting the CD and energy cost for nothing.

Please change these so that these skills work as intended while using Action Camera.

> @"thebatman.6250" said:

> Action cam won't allow you to shadowstep unless you have a line of sight to your target. You're better off using the regular camera system so you can port through walls and up vertical surfaces.

This is not true. You can absolutely shadowstep while using action cam even when there are objects between you and your target (AKA line of sight).

The problem is that Phase Traversal and Deathstrike do not function in the intended way unless you are in the action cameras range for the reticle to change. Meaning, this is a distance issue, not a line of sight issue.

I've made a short video to illustrate the issue:

You can set a key that toggles action camera while you hold it.

Phase Traverse is actually one of the few skills that gains a hidden benefit from doing this. In normal tab-targetting mode, phase traverse will activate and travel unless you are way out of range, but won't always hit. In action camera, the skill will not activate unless it is going to hit. So if you want to use it for "just travel" then toggle AC off, but if you want to guaranteed proc it then use AC.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

So if you want to use it for "just travel" then toggle AC off, but if you want to guaranteed proc it then use AC.

>

Yes, this is what I will have to do. I just wish that these skills worked the same way with or without action cam on.

> @"Matiole.6857" said:

> > @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > Action cam won't allow you to shadowstep unless you have a line of sight to your target. You're better off using the regular camera system so you can port through walls and up vertical surfaces.

>

> This is not true. You can absolutely shadowstep while using action cam even when there are objects between you and your target (AKA line of sight).

> The problem is that Phase Traversal and Deathstrike do not function in the intended way unless you are in the action cameras range for the reticle to change. Meaning, this is a distance issue, not a line of sight issue.

>

> I've made a short video to illustrate the issue:

>

>

You didn't post any evidence that disproves my point though. You just demonstrated action cam mitigating the shadowstep function until you're within range of your target. So as I stated previously shadowstep won't work in action cam because of LoS. I've tested this on both Battle of Khylo and Eternal colosseum.

> @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > @"Matiole.6857" said:

> > > @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > > Action cam won't allow you to shadowstep unless you have a line of sight to your target. You're better off using the regular camera system so you can port through walls and up vertical surfaces.

> >

> > This is not true. You can absolutely shadowstep while using action cam even when there are objects between you and your target (AKA line of sight).

> > The problem is that Phase Traversal and Deathstrike do not function in the intended way unless you are in the action cameras range for the reticle to change. Meaning, this is a distance issue, not a line of sight issue.

> >

> > I've made a short video to illustrate the issue:

> >

> >

> You didn't post any evidence that disproves my point though. You just demonstrated action cam mitigating the shadowstep function until you're within range of your target. So as I stated previously shadowstep won't work in action cam because of LoS. I've tested this on both Battle of Khylo and Eternal colosseum.

LoS meaning if there is an object between you and the target you are trying to shadowstep to. You can do this in action cam, you just need your reticle to be pointed at your target for your action cam reticle to change. I do this all the time,you just need to actually aim at your target, which is how action cam is suppose to work.

> @"Matiole.6857" said:

> > @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > > @"Matiole.6857" said:

> > > > @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > > > Action cam won't allow you to shadowstep unless you have a line of sight to your target. You're better off using the regular camera system so you can port through walls and up vertical surfaces.

> > >

> > > This is not true. You can absolutely shadowstep while using action cam even when there are objects between you and your target (AKA line of sight).

> > > The problem is that Phase Traversal and Deathstrike do not function in the intended way unless you are in the action cameras range for the reticle to change. Meaning, this is a distance issue, not a line of sight issue.

> > >

> > > I've made a short video to illustrate the issue:

> > >

> > >

> > You didn't post any evidence that disproves my point though. You just demonstrated action cam mitigating the shadowstep function until you're within range of your target. So as I stated previously shadowstep won't work in action cam because of LoS. I've tested this on both Battle of Khylo and Eternal colosseum.

>

> LoS meaning if there is an object between you and the target you are trying to shadowstep to. You can do this in action cam, you just need your reticle to be pointed at your target for your action cam reticle to change. I do this all the time,you just need to actually aim at your target, which is how action cam is suppose to work.

You're both half right. You technically can use a shadowstep without LoS in action camera if you are pointing your cursor at them and the reticle turns to a circle, it will shadowstep to them through the wall. But where batman is right comes down to the question "Why the hell would you want to?" Trying to line your cursor up to aim at someone through a wall just creates extra work for yourself for no reason when using a shadowstep skill in tabtarget mode just automatically hits them regardless. This is why you need a toggle key if you are going to be using action camera. Because while some skills are better with action camera ( like staff 5 ) a lot of skills have problems, mainly Sword 5, and so you are putting yourself at a pointless disadvantage if you don't setup toggle for those skills that are known to fuckup.

Oh wow, so this is a thing for real with the action cam.

I've just came back to the game after 1+ year break, but with a mallet finger injury on my RMB finger, which basically mean I cannot RMB anymore for the time being, so I adjusted my playstle..

Long story short, I found action cam really helpful (never used it before) to move around since I don't have to hold RMB anymore. But suddenly, many skills (not just this Revenant specific, happened on my Mesmer too) stopped working and I thought it was just me being bad or not adjusted to the new style yet or what, but yeah.

Action cam does break things :/ even tough it really feels very good how responsive the movement is with it. It seems like you should not be using action cam afterall, even if you toggle it (and yes I do try to toggle it but it can get confusing)

• 1 month later...

Nice... I just found out that Phase Traverse and Deathstrike can be used like that... I play exclusively on the action cam since Revenant got released and I don't usually watch gameplay videos of Revs, so I never knew this... ever. I only found out because I started noticing that my Deathstrike never hits in PvP, even in range. It just teleports but that's it, it doesn't hit or inflict chill... Hell, I thought that I was "missremembering" that I've read that an update gave deathstrike the chill effect and I didn't even question it until I got too curios and looked it up tonight and saw that it actually inflicts chill, but it never does for me, because it never hits with the action cam on.