[Feedback] Please stop constantly asking if I want to sign up for SMS

Every few logins, the game client tries to get me to sign up for SMS authentication. The answer is "no". The answer will always be "no". I don't keep my phone on my person at all times, nor near my computer, and I refuse to get up to go get it every time I want to log in to GW2. If you can't guarantee my account security without it, I consider that to be _your_ problem, not mine.

While I would be more understanding if the game client checked up on my position once a month or so, it gets annoying to be asked every other day. Is it possible to extend the length of time the game waits to ask again based upon the number of times it's been previously turned down?

2 factor authorization isn't as bad as you think. You don't need to "get up to go get it every time I want to log in to GW2". Once you have 2f auth set up, just tell GW2 to remember your IP. Even if your IP changes every day, GW2 will know your entire IP-range within a few days. I didn't have to enter a confirmation code since I changed my internet provider. Of course when you play somewhere else than at home with your laptop, you will have to enter a code for this new location.

> @"Smuggins.7852" said:

> If you can't guarantee my account security without it, I consider that to be _your_ problem, not mine.

They want you to use 2FA because you are the biggest risk, and if your account is compromised, it only costs them when it's entirely your fault. 2FA however really only helps those who share the same account information everywhere, since it's still vulnerable to phishing. They're never going to remove the reminder, because it's fully intended to annoy you.

You can use an authenticator instead of SMS, which is also the faster option since you can generate the code yourself rather than having to wait for it. You should already have the basic email authentication enabled, unless you made your account years ago before verification was required.

If you don't want to see the reminder and don't want to use 2FA, there are alternatives. If you launch using the -nopatchui -email -password options, you can simply bypass the launcher. If you launch using the -sharearchive option and update using -image, it effectively puts the game in read-only mode and you'll no longer see the reminder after the next patch.