Third Expansion ideas

The reason you need more weapon types than the 16 terrestrial weapons and 3 underwater weapons is because the thing that has been happening this past 2 expansions is over saturation of the same weapons on all classes, at this rate by next expansion even warrior and engi will be using staff which is not good as all the other classes have already been able to equip staff.

It will be hard to make new weapons and as such devs will most likely not spend time on them, and their is also the fact that some people want all new specs to use this new weapon types which is unrealistic, some should be able to use them but not all. There have been no new weapon types since 2013, most mmos would have released a new race and a new class with a new weapon every expansion, gw2 really is not even trying, which is sad.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An NPC companion that you can customize the appearance just like your hero. this companion wont do much damage maybe like just 0.1% of your character's total damage, and it helps heals you at a 90second interval or longer if anet thinks it's too overpowered. this companion would disappear in pvp and wvw obviously. this companion will help gather nodes ores automtically when you're within 260 radius of those nodes provided you have the tools equipped on you.

this companion will ride behind your hero on the back of the mount <3333 omg it would be so epic and romantique ... <3333

(in game marriage is also welcomed) but plz dont quote me on this part, i dont wanna talk/argue about this anymore with ppl on here

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> An NPC companion that you can customize the appearance just like your hero. this companion wont do much damage maybe like just 0.1% of your character's total damage, and it helps heals you at a 90second interval or longer if anet thinks it's too overpowered. this companion would disappear in pvp and wvw obviously. this companion will help gather nodes ores automtically when you're within 260 radius of those nodes provided you have the tools equipped on you.

> this companion will ride behind your hero on the back of the mount <3333 omg it would be so epic and romantique ... <3333

I don't know about this idea, its like you want a hero/henchman but the fact that it also mines nodes for you, sounds a little to convenient that people may complain it being Pay 2 Win(though in reality its p2convenience). The 1st thing that comes into my mind are the mini's in black desert that auto loots monster drops, not good.

> (in game marriage is also welcomed) but plz dont quote me on this part, i dont wanna talk/argue about this anymore with ppl on here

i dont mind ingame marriage, its been done on other mmo's, so not a new idea, nor it is hard, however on most other mmo's that does have in game marriage it comes with in game benefits and i wonder if that would be considered. Also it would need to show some sort of proof of the in game marriage, kinda like you have a guild tag when your in a guild....

Two words: Tengu Samurai. If I get the chance to play this, Anet has just to shut up and take my money.

I m not really interested in housing and total indifferent to its implementation. I am not into underwater combat but not strictly against it. I already did not use the companion system in WOW, I probably won´t use it here. A new elite spec is also a no seller for me, power creep is creepy. A single hand katana and wakizashi would be welcome, also a Kusarigama.

A gripping story could also catch me, but after the recent stories I have little hope for that.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> We shouldn’t worry about asking for new weapons too much. Getting the same ones with new twists is honestly quite fun and refreshing personally, plus after a few more expansions they’ll have to do new weapons for classes with the most

It is not the same! Down the line if we dont get new weapon types, having every class using greatsword or staff makes that specific weapon or that skin way less unique when everyone and their grandma has it, which then makes it just meh.

Honestly anet can pull off the same thing they do with specializations in terms of new weapon skills for the new spec weapon but in this case they should use a legitimate new weapon type so as not every class will have the same weapon sets by the 4th and 5th expansion down the line.

Its not as much work as people say it is, all we want is for devs to hear our voices, whether they decide to stick to what they have been doing the past 2 expansions is their choice, i just hope they consider the ideas that the OP put in this post, because this last expansion did not really have any marketable asset to pull in new players into the game, especially now that its going on its 6th year.