Can we please get an extra PvE only effect for Winds of Disenchantment?

Phantom.7903

> @"MaxwellM.2075" said:

> I just wanted to pop in and agree. There’s no reason the defining skill in a elite spec should be almost useless in most PvE. They need to give winds a PvE buff

But counter attack isn't useless in PvE. I mean, yeah its less useful then another damage burst, but still.... Evade frames in an AOE heavy fight is a life saver.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> But counter attack isn't useless in PvE. I mean, yeah its less useful then another damage burst, but still.... Evade frames in an AOE heavy fight is a life saver.

OK perhaps I was a bit hyperbolic with the word useless. It remains that to me it seems wholly underwhelming in PvE compared to its glory in WvW and the traits that go with it etc. I really feel let down by it’s PvE use.

> @"MaxwellM.2075" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > But counter attack isn't useless in PvE. I mean, yeah its less useful then another damage burst, but still.... Evade frames in an AOE heavy fight is a life saver.

>

> OK perhaps I was a bit hyperbolic with the word useless. It remains that to me it seems wholly underwhelming in PvE compared to its glory in WvW and the traits that go with it etc. I really feel let down by it’s PvE use.

>

It is amazing against most boss type enemies and the Raid meta actually involves intentionally putting yourself in harms way to trigger it.

But yeah, most PvE enemies attack so awkwardly and slowly it is very wonky to use. Might as well just beat them down with regular attacks instead.

Reason why it works against bosses is because of all the AoE they usually poop out.

> @"Phantom.7903" said:

> >

> > Once they added more synergy to this skill , you might start asking to lower the cool down in PVE, and so on ..

> >

> > This skill is not just remove boons( let me remind u ), it also destroy all projectiles on impact. So it's more useful than u expect.

> > It can be used to clear a large group of elite mobs (like a bunch of aetherblade dudes , dredges , or lava elemental in volcanic fractal) , block slug's attack in raid (when your teammate is down and need some cover to res them while slubling's attacking). or block the ice elemental's projectile in snowblind fractal.

> >

> > Anet make this skill as a solution for specific situation, so I'm sure you can find more chance to use it as long as u keep an eye on the situation you encounter in PVE,

> > And If you only seek to improve dps , then let me tell you.. your full counter is the key point to maintain high dps.

> >

> > Enjoy

> >

>

> I'm not asking for power creep, I'm asking for it to feel like an impactful cast that's worth waiting 90s for, which, in PvE, it currently simply isn't.

>

> I realise it can stop projectiles but this is actually reducing synergy - most Spellbreaker builds are melee Power builds which means we're already in the middle of enemies. Yes, there may be additional mobs outside dropping projectiles in at us, but as you stated, Full Counter is the key to high DPS as Spellbreaker, and using projectiles to trigger it is one of the easiest ways to get a free cast out. The cases you've stated are WAY too situational... Signet, Banner, Headbutt, Rampage can all contribute in a useful way in every fight, in all 3 modes. That's the baseline I wish WoD would meet.

>

> >

> > Its because its a lightningfield. Combo with projectiles in it and you stun. Jump into it and gain shock aura. Its also why all guardian fields have yellow outlinings vecause they are lightfields.

> >

> > Pulsing dmg would not be to shabby. It could be implemented in all modes to keep the skill consistent but the dmg could be far greater in PvE.

>

> Interesting, I didn't know that - frankly, I don't think the outline colour is ever going to be what I use as the indicator of what element the field is but good to know.

>

> The combo effects of Lightning fields are a little weaker than what you've stated though - projectiles and whirl finishers apply vulnerability, leap applies daze, and blast applies area swiftness (see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_field). Stun on projectiles would be hilariously strong. :joy:

Leap should be shock aura though >.>

Yeah i just stated that out of the air, but the leap is a daze which is useful and you have leaps on your dagger.

Blast in lightning fields could be updated too. To give area daze for example.

Glad i could help with the fields. Red is fire, black is dark, green poison, blue water, yellow light, purple lightning, whitish-blue ice, gray smoke.

I think thats it.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Phantom.7903" said:

> > >

> > > Once they added more synergy to this skill , you might start asking to lower the cool down in PVE, and so on ..

> > >

> > > This skill is not just remove boons( let me remind u ), it also destroy all projectiles on impact. So it's more useful than u expect.

> > > It can be used to clear a large group of elite mobs (like a bunch of aetherblade dudes , dredges , or lava elemental in volcanic fractal) , block slug's attack in raid (when your teammate is down and need some cover to res them while slubling's attacking). or block the ice elemental's projectile in snowblind fractal.

> > >

> > > Anet make this skill as a solution for specific situation, so I'm sure you can find more chance to use it as long as u keep an eye on the situation you encounter in PVE,

> > > And If you only seek to improve dps , then let me tell you.. your full counter is the key point to maintain high dps.

> > >

> > > Enjoy

> > >

> >

> > I'm not asking for power creep, I'm asking for it to feel like an impactful cast that's worth waiting 90s for, which, in PvE, it currently simply isn't.

> >

> > I realise it can stop projectiles but this is actually reducing synergy - most Spellbreaker builds are melee Power builds which means we're already in the middle of enemies. Yes, there may be additional mobs outside dropping projectiles in at us, but as you stated, Full Counter is the key to high DPS as Spellbreaker, and using projectiles to trigger it is one of the easiest ways to get a free cast out. The cases you've stated are WAY too situational... Signet, Banner, Headbutt, Rampage can all contribute in a useful way in every fight, in all 3 modes. That's the baseline I wish WoD would meet.

> >

> > >

> > > Its because its a lightningfield. Combo with projectiles in it and you stun. Jump into it and gain shock aura. Its also why all guardian fields have yellow outlinings vecause they are lightfields.

> > >

> > > Pulsing dmg would not be to shabby. It could be implemented in all modes to keep the skill consistent but the dmg could be far greater in PvE.

> >

> > Interesting, I didn't know that - frankly, I don't think the outline colour is ever going to be what I use as the indicator of what element the field is but good to know.

> >

> > The combo effects of Lightning fields are a little weaker than what you've stated though - projectiles and whirl finishers apply vulnerability, leap applies daze, and blast applies area swiftness (see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_field). Stun on projectiles would be hilariously strong. :joy:

>

> Leap should be shock aura though >.>

> Yeah i just stated that out of the air, but the leap is a daze which is useful and you have leaps on your dagger.

> Blast in lightning fields could be updated too. To give area daze for example.

>

> Glad i could help with the fields. Red is fire, black is dark, green poison, blue water, yellow light, purple lightning, whitish-blue ice, gray smoke.

> I think thats it.

The thing about blast finishers is though that they're supposed to be beneficial to you/allies.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher

If they re-worked blasting in lighting they'd have to re-think the rest I'd assume, I don't think that'd be a bad thing though. TBH I think all combo finishers need looked into.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Phantom.7903" said:

> > > >

> > > > Once they added more synergy to this skill , you might start asking to lower the cool down in PVE, and so on ..

> > > >

> > > > This skill is not just remove boons( let me remind u ), it also destroy all projectiles on impact. So it's more useful than u expect.

> > > > It can be used to clear a large group of elite mobs (like a bunch of aetherblade dudes , dredges , or lava elemental in volcanic fractal) , block slug's attack in raid (when your teammate is down and need some cover to res them while slubling's attacking). or block the ice elemental's projectile in snowblind fractal.

> > > >

> > > > Anet make this skill as a solution for specific situation, so I'm sure you can find more chance to use it as long as u keep an eye on the situation you encounter in PVE,

> > > > And If you only seek to improve dps , then let me tell you.. your full counter is the key point to maintain high dps.

> > > >

> > > > Enjoy

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not asking for power creep, I'm asking for it to feel like an impactful cast that's worth waiting 90s for, which, in PvE, it currently simply isn't.

> > >

> > > I realise it can stop projectiles but this is actually reducing synergy - most Spellbreaker builds are melee Power builds which means we're already in the middle of enemies. Yes, there may be additional mobs outside dropping projectiles in at us, but as you stated, Full Counter is the key to high DPS as Spellbreaker, and using projectiles to trigger it is one of the easiest ways to get a free cast out. The cases you've stated are WAY too situational... Signet, Banner, Headbutt, Rampage can all contribute in a useful way in every fight, in all 3 modes. That's the baseline I wish WoD would meet.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Its because its a lightningfield. Combo with projectiles in it and you stun. Jump into it and gain shock aura. Its also why all guardian fields have yellow outlinings vecause they are lightfields.

> > > >

> > > > Pulsing dmg would not be to shabby. It could be implemented in all modes to keep the skill consistent but the dmg could be far greater in PvE.

> > >

> > > Interesting, I didn't know that - frankly, I don't think the outline colour is ever going to be what I use as the indicator of what element the field is but good to know.

> > >

> > > The combo effects of Lightning fields are a little weaker than what you've stated though - projectiles and whirl finishers apply vulnerability, leap applies daze, and blast applies area swiftness (see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_field). Stun on projectiles would be hilariously strong. :joy:

> >

> > Leap should be shock aura though >.>

> > Yeah i just stated that out of the air, but the leap is a daze which is useful and you have leaps on your dagger.

> > Blast in lightning fields could be updated too. To give area daze for example.

> >

> > Glad i could help with the fields. Red is fire, black is dark, green poison, blue water, yellow light, purple lightning, whitish-blue ice, gray smoke.

> > I think thats it.

>

> The thing about blast finishers is though that they're supposed to be beneficial to you/allies.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher

>

> If they re-worked blasting in lighting they'd have to re-think the rest I'd assume, I don't think that'd be a bad thing though. TBH I think all combo finishers need looked into.

Agreed. Definitely a mechanic that is showing its age.

> @"Phantom.7903" said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > Theres this ugly pulsating blue/purple epileptic circle whenever I'm the caster of the skill, can we get rid of that too please? Normal friendly AoEs are white circles, theres something about this skill that makes it blue and purple

>

> Hah, I hadn't noticed that until now but now I can't unsee it. Thanks a lot. :(

Btw you can disable combofield indicators in the options so you dont see the purple ring.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Oh yeah.. Make a Elite Spec that was made for PvP/WvW better in PvE.

> OR! We could make Berzerker a viable class besides Condi!

>

> I must be crazy for that idea!

Citation needed for Anet intending Spellbreaker to be PvP exclusive. You’re not going to find it, because they’ve never said it. Actions speak louder than words and considering the many PvE buffs it has received since launch of PoF it is pretty clear they never intended such a thing at all.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Oh yeah.. Make a Elite Spec that was made for PvP/WvW better in PvE.

> OR! We could make Berzerker a viable class besides Condi!

>

> I must be crazy for that idea!

Please tell us what is your source that SB is pvp/wvw elite. Also, if you did not know, Sb does 33k as power dps in pve.

Ya, berserker needs a buff.