God's and Elder Dragons

Narcemus.1348

So, I want to first note that I do not believe this theory or anything to do with it, and you would think that with the new expansion that it would die, but somehow it just keeps coming back. It would be nice to finally have a developer put their opinion down in print. Are the Gods and the Elder Dragons related. Either as being two sides of the same being, or just being tied together at all. Thoughts?

Because I'm in the topic of Gods right now, there is on Six Human Gods wiki page:

> At some point the gods became aware of the existence of the hibernating Elder Dragons, who were tied to the magical balance of Tyria, and learned their names and spheres of influence. This information was documented in what would come to be known as the Scroll of the Five True Gods.

They are not related. Elder Dragons have its place in the map of "The All" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_All And Human Gods are not there.

>! Elder Dragons (ED) are responsible for world cycles (almost like in Dark Souls). ED when fed with magic, they are in dormant state. When there is too much magic in Tyria, or something make too much disturbance in magic, ED awake to consume it. Because they consume magic, they are taking care for maitaining its balance in world. However, the cost of their hunger is huge: almost wipe out all life. The last cycle propably finished arount 10k BE. Now, we decided to fight. Humans decided to fight as Gods gave them magic.

So the Gods, by humans and now all living species try to fight with natural life cycle of the world. So yes, pretty invasive!