Looking for build advice

Vukoje.7450

Hi!

I recently started to play more after years of inactivity because mirage is so much fun, and I am looking for build advice. I used to play with knight/berserker stats with torch/sword/staff shattering years ago, and I am still quite fixated on sword and torch (I can pretty much play it with action camera without looking on interface ). Also, I used dueling/illusions on my old build. I used to play a lot of WvW roaming/spvp back then.

Reason I played knight/berserker and not condi was also that condi used to be kind of useless for pve and I always wanted to have 1 build for everything.

I am looking for build advice. Is confusion ok even for pve now? Is there any build for mirage that can use dueling/illusions/mirage? I found one on metabattle but it is condi based - are conditions okay even in pve now? I would love to use sword. For swap I dont care so much about GS/staff.

I can get any ascendent armor/trinket/weapon.

Thanks for any response.

> Is confusion ok even for pve now?

Not really. Since NPCs attack slowly, confusion barely damages them, so you're better off using power builds.

> are conditions okay even in pve now?

Only the damaging ones, like burning, bleeding, etc.

> I would love to use sword. For swap I dont care so much about GS/staff.

The staff is useful for defensive purposes. In PvE, you don't need to have defensive weapons. Just use sword and greatsword.

Hopefully, this helped you.