World vs World

Cregath.7628

So basically, we enter the Mists, then fight against people from "alternative" version of Tyria?

How exactly does this work in terms of Lore?

The main point that always grabbed my interest was the Mists, so I'm very interested in how exactly this whole WvW topic works in terms of Lore. Is there a specific reason we fight each other there? Is there three factions that fight each other on the Eternal Battlegrounds and we from different versions of Tyria just happened to meet different ones so we fight each other, because we sided with a different faction? Do we even know where the other two sides are coming from, or do we just see them as another spirit lost in the Mists?

I would love to see some form of lore unfold connected to World vs World at some point (or even SPvP for that matter).

I read it somewhere that the Mist War is basically a war between several alternative Tyrias, each of which are fighting the others for resources to use in their conflict with their respective Elder Dragons.

It's more like a loose explanation to tie the whole thing into the lore, I would say. You cannot expect the Mist War to ever feature in the Main Story, for example, because in the end, it's simply a justification for the existence of a game mode that does not truly concern itself with the storyline of GW2, only with the idea of endless siege battles between player factions.