Does Rox Have a Closer Relationship to Rytlock than Meets The Eye?

Oldirtbeard.9834

Does Rox Have a Closer Relationship to Rytlock than Meets The Eye?

I always got the impression that Rox had more of a vested interest in Rytlock than simply wanting to join his Warband, I always got the impression he was actually her father. Come to think of it, it makes a bit of sense that Rytlock would throw in with a lot of youngsters that he really has no connection to if only to be close to his daughter; if he couldn't bring her into his Warband then he can sort of help the Player Character make a Warband for her while staying close yet seem emotionally distant as would be acceptable in Charr culture.

> @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> I'd wondered this too. Especially after Braham's backstory kind of opened the door on the possibility of characters having kids they never told anyone about. Given Charr society though I wonder if Rytlock would even know.

Remember that one branch of Charr personal story where you look for your inheritance from your Sire, or that other branch where your Sire is disreputable Shaman or something? They know who their off spring is and some of them at least know who their Sire's are.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> > I'd wondered this too. Especially after Braham's backstory kind of opened the door on the possibility of characters having kids they never told anyone about. Given Charr society though I wonder if Rytlock would even know.

>

> Remember that one branch of Charr personal story where you look for your inheritance from your Sire, or that other branch where your Sire is disreputable Shaman or something? They know who their off spring is and some of them at least know who their Sire's are.

Oooh that's right. Good point!

> @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> > > I'd wondered this too. Especially after Braham's backstory kind of opened the door on the possibility of characters having kids they never told anyone about. Given Charr society though I wonder if Rytlock would even know.

> >

> > Remember that one branch of Charr personal story where you look for your inheritance from your Sire, or that other branch where your Sire is disreputable Shaman or something? They know who their off spring is and some of them at least know who their Sire's are.

>

> Oooh that's right. Good point!

It makes sense the that Rytlock would want to be close to Rox, I mean Destiny's Edge is done so if he wanted to be close to former members then he could have joined the Pact as Logan's Commander. Unless you're a Charr what connection does Rytlock really have with the Player Character unless it's a respect thing because of how we handled our selves with Zhaitan. How would Rytlock have found us at just the right moment to come out of the Mists at the beginning of HoT unless he had a strong emotional connection to some one in the vicinity perhaps.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > @"coyotlhart.9762" said:

> > > > I'd wondered this too. Especially after Braham's backstory kind of opened the door on the possibility of characters having kids they never told anyone about. Given Charr society though I wonder if Rytlock would even know.

> > >

> > > Remember that one branch of Charr personal story where you look for your inheritance from your Sire, or that other branch where your Sire is disreputable Shaman or something? They know who their off spring is and some of them at least know who their Sire's are.

> >

> > Oooh that's right. Good point!

>

> It makes sense the that Rytlock would want to be close to Rox, I mean Destiny's Edge is done so if he wanted to be close to former members then he could have joined the Pact as Logan's Commander. Unless you're a Charr what connection does Rytlock really have with the Player Character unless it's a respect thing because of how we handled our selves with Zhaitan. How would Rytlock have found us at just the right moment to come out of the Mists at the beginning of HoT unless he had a strong emotional connection to some one in the vicinity perhaps.

Oh I agree. I kind of feel like that bizarre scene in HOT right before Eir died where Rytlock suggested against attacking the mordrem least we alert the whole camp to our presence and then Braham and the Commander we're both all "oh you don't know what this team is capable of!" was supposed to be planting the seeds of Rytlock being so impressed he decided to tag a long but I kind of hate that idea. He'd still have more rapport with Logan and Caithe so it'd make more sense to stick with one/both of them. Wanting to be around Rox would make more sense.