Canach, Dzlana, and libraries

foozlesprite.8051

No, not all at once! This isn't a conspiracy theory. I just have a few smaller questions:

1. What is Canach's cycle?

2. Dzlana is a labeled area to the right of Elona. It was mentioned in some minor conversation in the original game as being a wild land full of harpies. A lot has changed in the world though, so for all we know it could be entirely different now (or still full of harpies, but newly important). Will we ever see it? Is there more concrete lore for it? Is there anyone that lives out there? We were surprised to see settled life when we broke through to Dry Top, after all.

3. Will we ever get an in-game 'lore library' that we can put all of our completed-collection lore books into? (Whether simply in our story journal or in our home instances.) I have so many books from collections (curse you, Bloodstone Fen!) and I can't hold all of them. Having a bookshelf or something would be nice.

4. Also - and this is really morbid, perhaps, but it's 2am and my brain just skimmed the title while proofreading this and went "Canach-->Libraries-->Books" - but could Sylvari be turned into paper? If I was a curious plant-person I'd want my corpse used to pass on precious knowledge at the Priory. Think of it like being an organ donor. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry about that last one.

> @"foozlesprite.8051" said:

> 4. Also - and this is really morbid, perhaps, but it's 2am and my brain just skimmed the title while proofreading this and went "Canach-->Libraries-->Books" - but could Sylvari be turned into paper? If I was a curious plant-person I'd want my corpse used to pass on precious knowledge at the Priory. Think of it like being an organ donor. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

>

> Sorry about that last one.

Sorry but I need this answered right now....before I take out a loan.....for personal reasons.

*edit*

Also asking for a friend......

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"foozlesprite.8051" said:

> 1. What is Canach's cycle?

Canach is Cycle of Night.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cycle#Night

"The Cycle of Night refers to those born between 6 p.m. and midnight. These sylvari are inclined to be secretive and self-contained, preferring to travel alone. Their Luminary, Malomedies, is very private, and considered a stern and caring mentor. Malomedies describes Sylvari of the Cycle of Night as "sentinels, scoundrels, and mathematicians." Caithe, Malomedies and Wynne are Firstborn of this cycle."

> @"Scott McGough.6897" said:

> > @"foozlesprite.8051" said:

> > 1. What is Canach's cycle?

>

>

> Canach is Cycle of Night.

>

>

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cycle#Night

> "The Cycle of Night refers to those born between 6 p.m. and midnight. These sylvari are inclined to be secretive and self-contained, preferring to travel alone. Their Luminary, Malomedies, is very private, and considered a stern and caring mentor. Malomedies describes Sylvari of the Cycle of Night as "sentinels, scoundrels, and mathematicians." Caithe, Malomedies and Wynne are Firstborn of this cycle."

>

Thank you! I was thinking he was probably Dusk or Night. "Scoundrel" certainly describes him :)