[Suggestion] Some new targeting / AA options

Hey so I was just thinking it would be really cool to have something in between action cam and regular cam, maybe not a new cam mode but two options that would make it seem like one.

1. Select enemy target closest to cursor [option to bind to what ever key]

2. AA at cursor while in regular cam [ditto]

I think these two things would make many encounters a lot more smooth , especially WvW. Even large scale PvE and team fights in PvP.

• 1 month later...

The only targeting option that I would love to see is a hold or a toggle version of 'Fast with Range Indicator'. I'll explain what I mean by this.

If you're an old man such as myself and have played core engineer since 2013, then you'll know that the Grenade Kit only has ground targeted skills, including the auto attack. The best way to fix this issue is to bind the auto attack to a key that's easy to press while moving around and kiting enemies. It's the same thing with skill 2. If you're using WASD for movement, you'll then have to let go of the key that makes you go forward and therefore, impacting your kiting. I use F for the auto attack and C for skill 2.

While I do like the 'Fast with Range Indicator' option so I don't have to mash the auto attack button and possibly suffer from Carpal tunnel, a hold or toggle option would be better. Basically, it would be an option that allows you to constantly see the radius indicator and not have it blink due to you having to click and release the ground targeted skill.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> The only targeting option that I would love to see is a hold or a toggle version of 'Fast with Range Indicator'. I'll explain what I mean by this.

>

> If you're an old man such as myself and have played core engineer since 2013, then you'll know that the Grenade Kit only has ground targeted skills, including the auto attack. The best way to fix this issue is to bind the auto attack to a key that's easy to press while moving around and kiting enemies. It's the same thing with skill 2. If you're using WASD for movement, you'll then have to let go of the key that makes you go forward and therefore, impacting your kiting. I use F for the auto attack and C for skill 2.

>

> While I do like the 'Fast with Range Indicator' option so I don't have to mash the auto attack button and possibly suffer from Carpal tunnel, a hold or toggle option would be better. Basically, it would be an option that allows you to constantly see the radius indicator and not have it blink due to you having to click and release the ground targeted skill.

that sounds like a reasonable convenience.

I have tons of issues with the Action Cam

I have being actively using it for years. Starting from the battlemode mod months before.

But the current stuff isn't good. I hate the fact that I need to "target & Aim" to make anything work. Its feels punishing since I need to go over all the work to click a target AND must keep aiming on it. Triple the effort against mesmers. Or skills simple miss or fail altogether.

Having on option for the action cam "respect" targets would make things smoother. Even more when using teleport and shadow step skills.

Another thing is the relationship of snap AoE circles to target and the Action cam. This is virtually the only way to use skill at your own foot.

I wish tough I could enable "Snap AoE to Allies including myself" and "Snap AoE to enemies" as different options. This way I can "vault" freely on Zergs and still able to cast "on my own head" when needed.

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> I have tons of issues with the Action Cam

>

> I have being actively using it for years. Starting from the battlemode mod months before.

> But the current stuff isn't good. I hate the fact that I need to "target & Aim" to make anything work. Its feels punishing since I need to go over all the work to click a target AND must keep aiming on it. Triple the effort against mesmers. Or skills simple miss or fail altogether.

>

> Having on option for the action cam "respect" targets would make things smoother. Even more when using teleport and shadow step skills.

>

> Another thing is the relationship of snap AoE circles to target and the Action cam. This is virtually the only way to use skill at your own foot.

> I wish tough I could enable "Snap AoE to Allies including myself" and "Snap AoE to enemies" as different options. This way I can "vault" freely on Zergs and still able to cast "on my own head" when needed.

>

>

sounds good!

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I have an addition:

> An option for action cam or even regular cam, for single target AAs (like necro axe/scepter) make it so they hit the person closest to the cursor like a regular projectile AA would. Man that would be awesome.

This happens to a certain degree. Its just that the action cam give some priority to the target.

Frankly speaking, this happening is my biggest frustration over Action Cam. I need it to honor the target, regardless of where it is. For spammy stuff like AA it doesnt make difference. But watching my Thief missing teleports like Steal because the cursor is not over a target that I have already selected, or teleporting to another target altogether are reasons that make me go nuts.