Need help with new Current Event

It's not working and I'm really frustrated and map chat isn't helping. If I'm bugged, that's fine, I'll report it and Anet won't answer that and that's fine. I just need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.

And for the record, it just didn't need to be made this hard. Whoever coded this.

I don't get the two new achievements I'm supposed to. I'm supposed to get Lost in Something, and another achievement, after I finish the big event in the area and we win, and I don't have anything.

People tell me to talk to Ninn at home, and I do that, but he doesn't say anything about debris. He just says he needs mithril and some other stuff for something? But no new achievements.

I think I found the character, and I got a debris and that achievement start. Though, the other achievement hasn't started.

Was there a reason it was better to use an Engineer for the last CE? I have no idea why I would have picked this character, I'm not very good with it. She mostly just hangs out and does Shatterer from time to time. Was there something special about an Engineer last time?

Oh well, hoping this lets me move forward. I'm going to go do something less stressful for awhile. :)

Thank you!