Non-Random LFG

Here's my predicament .... I keep getting randomly dumped into highly experienced groups / having really highly experienced players placed in my groups for Fractals and they end up kicking me for playing casually.

I'm not sure what everyone else experiences but the random group assignment ANET uses is leaving me feeling depressed and wanting to quit after constant kicks for playing casually.

I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

Let me know what you think !!!!

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

>

> I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

>

> I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

>

> I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

>This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

You can already do these things. You can make your own group and write in the description "casual" or "relaxed run". That feature has always been there.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

> >

> > I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

> >

> > I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

>

> Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

I do agree that parties need a group leader mechanic. I was angling that people should be allow to set the requirements they want without other people whining that they don't want to join that group. If you don't like it / don't meet requirements don't be disrespectful and join their group; Set up your own.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> >

> > I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

> >This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

>

> You can already do these things. You can make your own group and write in the description "casual" or "relaxed run". That feature has always been there.

>

>

r/Whooosh

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

> > >

> > > I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

> > >

> > > I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

> >

> > Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

>

> I do agree that parties need a group leader mechanic. I was angling that people should be allow to set the requirements they want without other people whining that they don't want to join that group. If you don't like it / don't meet requirements don't be disrespectful and join their group; Set up your own.

Don't expect common sense from people in this game. It's better to brutally force what you want on them using tools provided by the dev team.

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > >

> > > I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

> > >This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

> >

> > You can already do these things. You can make your own group and write in the description "casual" or "relaxed run". That feature has always been there.

> >

> >

>

> r/Whooosh

>

I missed your post later saying you are being sarcastic. That being said how do you expect your post will help in any way? You sarcasm is a bit failed, the people that agree with you will still agree and the people you are addressing will find it aggressive. You are preaching to the faithful a bit here.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

> >

> > I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

> >

> > I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

>

> Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

I remember we had party leader function during dungeon age, think got removed coz party leaders abused power too much like kicking people at the end of the dungeon.

Was changed to vote kick system, that in my opinion works better than before, no more abuse in 5 man random groups.

The only way to abuse now is having at least 2 friends with you :tongue:

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > >

> > > > I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

> > > >This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

> > >

> > > You can already do these things. You can make your own group and write in the description "casual" or "relaxed run". That feature has always been there.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > r/Whooosh

> >

>

> I missed your post later saying you are being sarcastic. That being said how do you expect your post help in anyway?

I would like that people to realise that the tools are in place for them presently to enjoy the game and play the way that they would like. People tend to upset each other on both sides of the fence when casuals want fast runs without gearing the meta way or when people get toxic as a casual / relaxed run is taking too long.

I would hope that an iota of common sense would prevail in the small but vocal community who seem to complain about the LFG, and that they would set up their own group or be respectful towards the group leader and their requirements.

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

> > >

> > > I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

> > >

> > > I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

> >

> > Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

>

> I remember we had party leader function during dungeon age, think got removed coz party leaders abused power too much like kicking people at the end of the dungeon.

> Was changed to vote kick system, that in my opinion works better than before, no more abuse in 5 man random groups.

> The only way to abuse now is having at least 2 friends with you :tongue:

We never had party leader in GW2 and party openers could have been kicked just like they are now. The only difference is that instance was hooked on opener making whole party lose progress. Still, no party leader function was present.

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I propose that ANET implement some form of filtering system in the LFG so that people can find groups which better reflect the experience they want or have; maybe something like a written description. They could even add something as simple as an ability for me to advertise a group if there is nothing that I want to / can join.

> > > > >This way people who want to speed run can do so without having casuals join, and people who want casual run can do so without speed runners. It should stop people joining groups they aren't qualified for and will allow me not to have the toxic elitists join my casual runs.

> > > >

> > > > You can already do these things. You can make your own group and write in the description "casual" or "relaxed run". That feature has always been there.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > r/Whooosh

> > >

> >

> > I missed your post later saying you are being sarcastic. That being said how do you expect your post help in anyway?

>

> I would like that people to realise that the tools are in place for them presently to enjoy the game and play the way that they would like. People tend to upset each other on both sides of the fence when casuals want fast runs without gearing the meta way or when people get toxic as a casual / relaxed run is taking too long.

>

> I would hope that an iota of common sense would prevail in the small but vocal community who seem to complain about the LFG, and that they would set up their own group or be respectful towards the group leader and their requirements.

I agree 100%. But the post comes out as a bit patronizing. I am not sure it will resonate much with the ppl you are addressing it to.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > @"oblivion.5964" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > How would that work? We already have text filters in LFG so what your idea changes exactly?

> > > >

> > > > I was being facetious. I see a lot of people complaining on forums and chat that groups set requirements too high or there are too many casuals. I was sarcastically point out that if people are not happy with the groups on offer they are always welcome to set up their own groups and advertise for what they want to run with.

> > > >

> > > > I notice all too much that the people complaining are those who are unwilling to organise their own groups.

> > >

> > > Setting group req in LFG gives no guarantee that I get what I ask for. It's impossible to achieve group sanity unless we get party leader function system (like in squads).

> >

> > I remember we had party leader function during dungeon age, think got removed coz party leaders abused power too much like kicking people at the end of the dungeon.

> > Was changed to vote kick system, that in my opinion works better than before, no more abuse in 5 man random groups.

> > The only way to abuse now is having at least 2 friends with you :tongue:

>

> We never had party leader in GW2 and party openers could have been kicked just like they are now. The only difference is that instance was hooked on opener making whole party lose progress. Still, no party leader function was present.

Ah yes the instance opener was sharing his instance and when he leaves it closes lol.

Long time ago must have mixed it up with other game.

> @"oblivion.5964" said:

> I would like that people to realise that the tools are in place for them presently to enjoy the game and play the way that they would like. People tend to upset each other on both sides of the fence when casuals want fast runs without gearing the meta way or when people get toxic as a casual / relaxed run is taking too long.

>

> I would hope that an iota of common sense would prevail in the small but vocal community who seem to complain about the LFG, and that they would set up their own group or be respectful towards the group leader and their requirements.

First of all toxic meta people usually don't join the relaxed runs but if it happens the other players have the possibility to kick such individuals. The bad part here is: You have to do it. And no, you are not toxic if you do so.

To the second paragraph: The people you are aiming for aren't reading forum threads. You won't ever reach them.