Mount & gliders skins unlockable through content ?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > Did you see how much Money they are making with Mount Skins?

> >

> > How much money do they earn on mounts exclusively?

> >

> > > More Money = More / Better Content.

> >

> > Content is being released at same pace/quality as it was before mounts (season 3). I am pretty sure that mount money currently funds their new project that we gonna see during e3, not GW2.

>

> Obviously we don't know exactly how much Anet made, but we can get a rough estimate from the number of them seen in game.

>

> Even a fairly precise estimate is possible with a bit of time and maths:

> * Stand in Lion's Arch for an hour or so. Count how many players you see and how many gem store mounts. (If you want to be really precise you need to record player names so you don't accidentally count someone twice.)

> * Each 5-pack mount counts as 1,600 gems.

> * For a low estimate each RNG box mount counts as 400, but you could average it out at a higher number on the basis that it's highly unlikely they bought just the one licence.

> * Then double all your totals to allow for the other region.

> * Then extrapolate based on your count of total players (both those on mounts and those who were not) to reported sales of GW2/active player numbers, whichever you prefer.

>

> Or for a slightly simpler approach you could trawl through the forum topics for the number of people who said they bought each mount release. But then it gets harder to extrapolate that to the total population because you need to factor in things like the fact that people who don't ever spend money on the game beyond the purchase price (if that) are also unlikely to visit the forum.

Dan asked "rhetoricaly" if we know how much money they earn. I don't know, but he acts like he knows so I expect an answer from him. Your "research" method is nothing but anecdotal and has no value in estimating anything relevant as an argument for mount revenue discussion.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > Did you see how much Money they are making with Mount Skins?

> >

> > How much money do they earn on mounts exclusively?

> >

> > > More Money = More / Better Content.

> >

> > Content is being released at same pace/quality as it was before mounts (season 3). I am pretty sure that mount money currently funds their new project that we gonna see during e3, not GW2.

>

> Obviously we don't know exactly how much Anet made, but we can get a rough estimate from the number of them seen in game.

>

> Even a fairly precise estimate is possible with a bit of time and maths:

> * Stand in Lion's Arch for an hour or so. Count how many players you see and how many gem store mounts. (If you want to be really precise you need to record player names so you don't accidentally count someone twice.)

> * Each 5-pack mount counts as 1,600 gems.

> * For a low estimate each RNG box mount counts as 400, but you could average it out at a higher number on the basis that it's highly unlikely they bought just the one licence.

> * Then double all your totals to allow for the other region.

> * Then extrapolate based on your count of total players (both those on mounts and those who were not) to reported sales of GW2/active player numbers, whichever you prefer.

>

> Or for a slightly simpler approach you could trawl through the forum topics for the number of people who said they bought each mount release. But then it gets harder to extrapolate that to the total population because you need to factor in things like the fact that people who don't ever spend money on the game beyond the purchase price (if that) are also unlikely to visit the forum.

With all due respect, there are too many variables for any one individual to work this out from observation and/or forum post analysis. You may pick a day/time where people are not in LA. If you pick LA as your point of survey, which area? Bank? TP? Crafters stations?

For example:

Some weeks I barely visit LA unless I need MF - most of my alts go to DR or PvP lobby whereas some days I might be on 4-5 alts in LA switching between them, all on diff mounts. How can you tell if all my alts are one account? how do you know if I've bought 1 skin or 10?

So many variables that in all honesty I don't see it possible for 1 person to observe and make a decent estimation.

Maybe a better way is to check via gw2efficiency how many people have which skins unlocked?