Returning Player, Mesmer help

XxTunasXp.6397

Hello.

Just recently got back into the game and have been fiddling around with different classes. I've decided to level a Mesmer, and I have a couple questions.

How have the Mesmer's illusions changed?

What weapons/utility/traits should I be using in the open world? (I know it doesn't really matter but I wonder what's optimal)

Any other big changes?

Feel free to link guides or anything that could help me get a grasp of the class. Thanks!

Phantasms now perform an attack and then disappear, leaving a clone behind. Phantasms no longer count toward the illusion limit of 3 and cannot be shattered.

For leveling, use power stats (power/precision/ferocity) with greatsword and sword/x. Probably a domination/dueling/illusions build. I haven't actually tried this, but I imagine this would be a fun and effective build to work toward.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8cnsICdohVqBGqBUrhlUjB9r1yicgLCo8jT6G-e

If you get the expansions, you can then work on the elite specializations chronomancer and mirage. These specs are both very strong right now in basically any game mode. I don't play chrono, but here's a peek at some Mirage gameplay:

Edit: I thought I should add not to get too caught up in following a strict build. You want to have some sort of plan in terms of the order in which you unlock traits. But you should definitely be exploring different weapons and utilities to see how everything works.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> Phantasms now perform an attack and then disappear, leaving a clone behind. Phantasms no longer count toward the illusion limit of 3 and cannot be shattered.

>

> For leveling, use power stats (power/precision/ferocity) with greatsword and sword/x. Probably a domination/dueling/illusions build. I haven't actually tried this, but I imagine this would be a fun and effective build to work toward.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8cnsICdohVqBGqBUrhlUjB9r1yicgLCo8jT6G-e

>

> If you get the expansions, you can then work on the elite specializations chronomancer and mirage. These specs are both very strong right now in basically any game mode. I don't play chrono, but here's a peek at some Mirage gameplay:

>

>

>

> Edit: I thought I should add not to get too caught up in following a strict build. You want to have some sort of plan in terms of the order in which you unlock traits. But you should definitely be exploring different weapons and utilities to see how everything works.

>

>

>

Thank you for your answer! Just what I needed :)