• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Power Blood Reaper get buffed again to provide even more offensive support through wells ontop of the VP Buff, figure slot Blood Is Power with a Dagger Offhand (to unload the Condition you put on your self) you could frontload a lot of Might as well?

Doesn't matter to me really, my work schedule isn't set so a Static Group is not for me (if I Raid these days I do it in games with Tiered Raiding and Matchmaking Raidfinders).

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

>

> What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

I assumed as much

> > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

>

> What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> >

> > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

>

> I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently. Nevermind that was a different thread, I take that back.

> > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > >

> > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> >

> > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

>

> I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > >

> > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > >

> > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> >

> > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

>

> Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > >

> > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > >

> > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > >

> > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> >

> > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

>

> I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > >

> > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > >

> > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> >

> > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

>

> HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

As long as they like that the very vocal group on the other side of the coin that voices their displeasure on any Gaming Blog, or Gaming Subreddit they can which I do; the thing is I don't even have to ANet's balance and their HC Community are so well known you'd have to live in a bubble not to realize their reputation was bruised in that regard.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > >

> > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > >

> > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> >

> > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

>

> HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

> > > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> > >

> > > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> >

> > HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

>

> The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

That reminds me of the time I got Down Voted into oblivion for suggesting that the Meta was created so that Raiders could avoid mechanics altogether because they were either too scared or lacked the actual skill to play the Raid Encounters how they were meant to be played since they were looking for the fastest way to avoid as many mechanics as they could. This leads back to crumby balancing because if ANet really cared about proper balancing they wouldn't have Raid Comps that could nullify or avoid the encounters that they paid their Raid Teams to design in the first place.

> > > > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> > > >

> > > > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> > >

> > > HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

> >

> > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

>

> That reminds me of the time I got Down Voted into oblivion for suggesting that the Meta was created so that Raiders could avoid mechanics altogether because they were either too scared or lacked the actual skill to play the Raid Encounters how they were meant to be played since they were looking for the fastest way to avoid as many mechanics as they could. This leads back to crumby balancing because if ANet really cared about proper balancing they wouldn't have Raid Comps that could nullify or avoid the encounters that they paid their Raid Teams to design in the first place.

I don't agree with your conclusion about the balance issue, not least because nothing can be done about the fact that some fights will always be easier on some classes. You can't build mechanics that are equally difficult for all classes at all times...

...or, at least not well enough to convince the community who will mistake random noise in poorly generated DPS benchmarks for significant differences between classes, anyway, as we get to the part where I do agree with you thoroughly.

Anyway, point being: this is a people problem. One sad thing I have learned over the last few decades is that you can't solve a "people" problem with technology. Here, that means it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, you will still get the screaming " is wildly powered" posts (often simultaneously), and you will still get the "raid composition must be exactly X or it is literally impossible to complete them", concurrent with the "four people cleared the raid wing" posts.

It isn't that there is any genuine imbalance, no, just people. :)

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> > > > >

> > > > > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> > > >

> > > > HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

> > >

> > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

> >

> > That reminds me of the time I got Down Voted into oblivion for suggesting that the Meta was created so that Raiders could avoid mechanics altogether because they were either too scared or lacked the actual skill to play the Raid Encounters how they were meant to be played since they were looking for the fastest way to avoid as many mechanics as they could. This leads back to crumby balancing because if ANet really cared about proper balancing they wouldn't have Raid Comps that could nullify or avoid the encounters that they paid their Raid Teams to design in the first place.

>

> I don't agree with your conclusion about the balance issue, not least because nothing can be done about the fact that some fights will always be easier on some classes. You can't build mechanics that are equally difficult for all classes at all times...

>

> ...or, at least not well enough to convince the community who will mistake random noise in poorly generated DPS benchmarks for significant differences between classes, anyway, as we get to the part where I do agree with you thoroughly.

>

> Anyway, point being: this is a people problem. One sad thing I have learned over the last few decades is that you can't solve a "people" problem with technology. Here, that means it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, you will still get the screaming " is wildly powered" posts (often simultaneously), and you will still get the "raid composition must be exactly X or it is literally impossible to complete them", concurrent with the "four people cleared the raid wing" posts.

>

> It isn't that there is any genuine imbalance, no, just people. :)

That's actually a GW2 problem, the only thing they care about in WoW when joining a PUG is your Item Level which you can Pad very easily doing World Quests even since the rewards start to scale to what you have equipped. In WoW you've got almost half a dozen different Tanks to choose from and unless you're doing Mythic Raiding no one bats an eye; in GW2 if you're not farting Butterflies then you're not a tank.

> The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding.

Haven't read such a statement by raiders till today but I know that some people of the speed run crowd were speed/hardcore running in other games as well.

>The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster.

And still a lot of people are crying about raids being hard stuff.

>In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class.

One of the reasons for me to play GW2.

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> > > > >

> > > > > HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

> > > >

> > > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

> > >

> > > That reminds me of the time I got Down Voted into oblivion for suggesting that the Meta was created so that Raiders could avoid mechanics altogether because they were either too scared or lacked the actual skill to play the Raid Encounters how they were meant to be played since they were looking for the fastest way to avoid as many mechanics as they could. This leads back to crumby balancing because if ANet really cared about proper balancing they wouldn't have Raid Comps that could nullify or avoid the encounters that they paid their Raid Teams to design in the first place.

> >

> > I don't agree with your conclusion about the balance issue, not least because nothing can be done about the fact that some fights will always be easier on some classes. You can't build mechanics that are equally difficult for all classes at all times...

> >

> > ...or, at least not well enough to convince the community who will mistake random noise in poorly generated DPS benchmarks for significant differences between classes, anyway, as we get to the part where I do agree with you thoroughly.

> >

> > Anyway, point being: this is a people problem. One sad thing I have learned over the last few decades is that you can't solve a "people" problem with technology. Here, that means it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, you will still get the screaming " is wildly powered" posts (often simultaneously), and you will still get the "raid composition must be exactly X or it is literally impossible to complete them", concurrent with the "four people cleared the raid wing" posts.

> >

> > It isn't that there is any genuine imbalance, no, just people. :)

>

> That's actually a GW2 problem, the only thing they care about in WoW when joining a PUG is your Item Level which you can Pad very easily doing World Quests even since the rewards start to scale to what you have equipped.

I can't speak past the AU Draenor raids, so this may have changed since I was last there, but ... non-RF pugs were definitely big on the whole "right class/spec or GTFO" at the time. Perhaps this has reduced to only iLvl now. Not that ilvl didn't matter, it just wasn't the *only* thing. :)

> In WoW you've got almost half a dozen different Tanks to choose from and unless you're doing Mythic Raiding no one bats an eye; in GW2 if you're not farting Butterflies then you're not a tank.

I guess that is also possible. My perception could be shaded by the level I was raiding at, and the point in time I started pugging, I suppose.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding.

>

> Haven't read such a statement by raiders till today but I know that some people of the speed run crowd were speed/hardcore running in other games as well.

>

> >The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster.

>

> And still a lot of people are crying about raids being hard stuff.

>

> >In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class.

>

> One of the reasons for me to play GW2.

>

One of the reasons, ah so does that mean you agree with keeping your encounters for a precious few builds, that's rather archaic thinking and leads to less revenue as WoW has shown.

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding.

> >

> > Haven't read such a statement by raiders till today but I know that some people of the speed run crowd were speed/hardcore running in other games as well.

> >

> > >The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster.

> >

> > And still a lot of people are crying about raids being hard stuff.

> >

> > >In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class.

> >

> > One of the reasons for me to play GW2.

> >

>

> One of the reasons, ah so does that mean you agree with keeping your encounters for a precious few builds, that's rather archaic thinking and leads to less revenue as WoW has shown.

NCSoft is content about the latest revenues from May and I'm fine with the game as well. There is enough variation in this game and I can play a lot of builds/classes in this game. Idc if some builds are minor to others. That is standard in every game, even in PvP games.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Zalavaaris.5329" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm going to refrain from commenting any more on this thread, I've bruised a few snowflakes evidently.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thank you for delivering this soulcrashing statement. It's going to help fighting the meta.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I edited my comment, it was the wrong thread, oops. After this last balance patch I can't take End Game PVE in this game seriously when it doesn't even take it's self seriously with proper balance. The balance team, and the Raiding Community are very old fashioned, stuck in the Burning Crusade WoW days, and to be taken seriously benchmarks need to be within 5% of all Elite Specs in a game with no Trinity.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > HC community was like this since dungeons and nothing is going to change it. I despise these people but I am in peace with the fact that it's impossible to win against them and Anet likes free marketing they provide.

> > > > >

> > > > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding. The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster. There isnt a meaningful race to first whether that be world or server. So they try to optimize down to required classes. In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class. That isnt the case here and its community driven.

> > > >

> > > > That reminds me of the time I got Down Voted into oblivion for suggesting that the Meta was created so that Raiders could avoid mechanics altogether because they were either too scared or lacked the actual skill to play the Raid Encounters how they were meant to be played since they were looking for the fastest way to avoid as many mechanics as they could. This leads back to crumby balancing because if ANet really cared about proper balancing they wouldn't have Raid Comps that could nullify or avoid the encounters that they paid their Raid Teams to design in the first place.

> > >

> > > I don't agree with your conclusion about the balance issue, not least because nothing can be done about the fact that some fights will always be easier on some classes. You can't build mechanics that are equally difficult for all classes at all times...

> > >

> > > ...or, at least not well enough to convince the community who will mistake random noise in poorly generated DPS benchmarks for significant differences between classes, anyway, as we get to the part where I do agree with you thoroughly.

> > >

> > > Anyway, point being: this is a people problem. One sad thing I have learned over the last few decades is that you can't solve a "people" problem with technology. Here, that means it doesn't matter how balanced you make things, you will still get the screaming " is wildly powered" posts (often simultaneously), and you will still get the "raid composition must be exactly X or it is literally impossible to complete them", concurrent with the "four people cleared the raid wing" posts.

> > >

> > > It isn't that there is any genuine imbalance, no, just people. :)

> >

> > That's actually a GW2 problem, the only thing they care about in WoW when joining a PUG is your Item Level which you can Pad very easily doing World Quests even since the rewards start to scale to what you have equipped.

>

> I can't speak past the AU Draenor raids, so this may have changed since I was last there, but ... non-RF pugs were definitely big on the whole "right class/spec or GTFO" at the time. Perhaps this has reduced to only iLvl now. Not that ilvl didn't matter, it just wasn't the *only* thing. :)

>

> > In WoW you've got almost half a dozen different Tanks to choose from and unless you're doing Mythic Raiding no one bats an eye; in GW2 if you're not farting Butterflies then you're not a tank.

>

> I guess that is also possible. My perception could be shaded by the level I was raiding at, and the point in time I started pugging, I suppose.

At the beginning of the expansion Brewmaster Monk, and Vengeance Demonhunter underperformed at anything above Heroic Raiding, there were also issues doing Mythic 5 Mans above say the the 5th level, but then there were these things called Balance Patches which fixed that problem.

I've mained a Blood Death Knight since Blood became the Tanking Build (I was a Frost Tank prior to that during Wrath of the Lich King) so I've never really had issues. Now you can see why I play a Power Reaper in this game, and why I get so burned up by it's state, if I could port my Blood Death Knight Tank into GW2 I could run circles around your Mesmers.

I just compared Blood Death Knights viability to Power Reaper viability in GW2 this is on topic since we are talking about Raiding, Power Reapers, and the flaws that lay between while using another game and similar class for context purposes (sometimes you have to spell it out for people otherwise people start waving flags around).

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding.

> > >

> > > Haven't read such a statement by raiders till today but I know that some people of the speed run crowd were speed/hardcore running in other games as well.

> > >

> > > >The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster.

> > >

> > > And still a lot of people are crying about raids being hard stuff.

> > >

> > > >In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class.

> > >

> > > One of the reasons for me to play GW2.

> > >

> >

> > One of the reasons, ah so does that mean you agree with keeping your encounters for a precious few builds, that's rather archaic thinking and leads to less revenue as WoW has shown.

>

> NCSoft is content about the latest revenues from May and I'm fine with the game as well. There is enough variation in this game and I can play a lot of builds/classes in this game. Idc if some builds are minor to others. That is standard in every game, even in PvP games.

How many classes tank in gw2? Not how many can, how many do and are taken to raids?

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > > The thing that really bothers me about the raiding community here is that I feel that they think they are really good at raiding.

> > > >

> > > > Haven't read such a statement by raiders till today but I know that some people of the speed run crowd were speed/hardcore running in other games as well.

> > > >

> > > > >The raids in this game are so easy the only way to differentiate is by doing it faster.

> > > >

> > > > And still a lot of people are crying about raids being hard stuff.

> > > >

> > > > >In WoW you can be a world first raider using any class.

> > > >

> > > > One of the reasons for me to play GW2.

> > > >

> > >

> > > One of the reasons, ah so does that mean you agree with keeping your encounters for a precious few builds, that's rather archaic thinking and leads to less revenue as WoW has shown.

> >

> > NCSoft is content about the latest revenues from May and I'm fine with the game as well. There is enough variation in this game and I can play a lot of builds/classes in this game. Idc if some builds are minor to others. That is standard in every game, even in PvP games.

>

> How many classes tank in gw2? Not how many can, how many do and are taken to raids?

I know the answer to this one, Warrior (oops wrong game and that was from 2004 to 2007 back during the Medieval times).

I meant Mesmer!

> > > Why would you use BiP in group content when might is covered by duid?

> >

> > What's a Duid, and what kind of puritanical mind set makes groups so closed off to trying different comps, that out look is so World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, most MMOs have moved way past that in the past 10 years?

>

> I've been thinking of this myself. WoW was very similar back in its inception with regards to raiding. Only certain classes were taken and it was all very laid out and organized. I hope in GW2s future it becomes more like wow is today where it's more about the player and less about the specific class.

GW2 already does that ... the range of comps you can play as a raid group and win is very large ... large enough to accomodate anyone that wants to play a specific class.