Druid Feedback May 8th Update [merged]

Swagger.1459

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > There was nothing wrong with this trait...

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lingering_Light

> >

> > That's just false. That trait has been complete garbage ever since it got nerfed because of the blind spam in pvp. Now it actually serves a purpose. You can disagree with how the trait serves a purpose, I personaly also thinks it creates a false set of "build diversity", but the fact is you were always better off running the other two GM traits prior to this change.

>

> The way they went about this change is laughable, and not worth defending at all. Gutting the healing aspect of druids, the MAIN thing about this spec when they introduced it, and then slam this outgoing healing crap to this trait to try and compensate is nothing but BAD, BAD design all over again.

>

> But keep at it Anet, I know what to expect from this company by now and I don't care anymore - you guys are failing.

Well, I'm not defending the way they went about it. But there is no point making false claims either. Stick to the point . Lingering Light was _never_ used and was certianly not "fine as is". It needed a change, although probably not one that makes it a must-have for healing druids.

The problem that rises from this is how pathetic of a healer druid is in pvp/wvw atm (I personaly abandoned playing druid in those modes months ago). Druid keeps its role as a buffer in pve group content.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > >

> > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > Get lingering light.

> > > >

> > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > >

> > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > >

> > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > >

> > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > >

> > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> >

> > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> >

> > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

>

> There are other modes besides raids...

>

> http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

>

>

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > >

> > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > Get lingering light.

> > > >

> > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > >

> > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > >

> > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > >

> > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > >

> > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> >

> > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> >

> > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

>

> There are other modes besides raids...

>

> http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

>

>

That doesn't invalidate my point and druid is still fine outside of WvW. The only people i can really feel bad for are the open world casuals that have no idea what happened to their healing, but that could be fixed by having in-game patch notes instead of just forum/wiki.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > @"Knox.8962" said:

> > Somehow I think you'll end up surviving.

> >

> > ![LFG](https://image.ibb.co/cLCN4S/image.png)

> >

>

> True. Veteran ranger players are used to this. And we adapt.

This. been here since day 1 and been playing druid since then and i'm friggin used to it. it sucks but it always happens. Rangers can't have nice things because then the thieves and ele's scream at the dev's NERF DRUID! NERF RANGER!

meanwhile i'm going to be rotation testing zerk soulbeast with fanged iboga for raids.

So, has anyone tested to see if when it says 40% healing reduction etc if that’s including the coefficients or just base? Because of it’s just the base heal, we’re fine it just stops people from running viper Druid and being a good healer.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > >

> > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > >

> > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > >

> > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > >

> > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > >

> > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > >

> > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > >

> > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > >

> > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> >

> > There are other modes besides raids...

> >

> > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> >

> >

>

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > >

> > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > >

> > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > >

> > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > >

> > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > >

> > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > >

> > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > >

> > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > >

> > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> >

> > There are other modes besides raids...

> >

> > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> >

> >

>

> That doesn't invalidate my point and druid is still fine outside of WvW. The only people i can really feel bad for are the open world casuals that have no idea what happened to their healing, but that could be fixed by having in-game patch notes instead of just forum/wiki.

What are you talking about? Druid hasn't been "fine" anywhere outside of PvE/raids since the last balance patch.

It's never been "fine" in WvW where it can't compete for optimal composition slots, and it wasn't fine in PvP when out of the 9 classes, Ranger was the one you'd pick third to last in a team comp, just before Ele or Rev.

At least at that point it could still viably compete in PvP, but now it doesn't even have the tools to do that, since Firebrand pushes all other supports into obscurity and Spellbreaker/Chrono/Mirage and even Holo are all better sidenoders.

I guess we should all be happy for you that you think you got your raid balance, but it's at the cost of a whole lot of peoples ability to continue to enjoy the game.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > >

> > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > >

> > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > >

> > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > >

> > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > >

> > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > >

> > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > >

> > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > >

> > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > >

> > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > >

> > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That doesn't invalidate my point and druid is still fine outside of WvW. The only people i can really feel bad for are the open world casuals that have no idea what happened to their healing, but that could be fixed by having in-game patch notes instead of just forum/wiki.

>

> What are you talking about? Druid hasn't been "fine" anywhere outside of PvE/raids since the last balance patch.

It's fine in open world, frac/dung/raids and PvP, maybe not ultra high tier sPvP or blob x blob WvW but anything else is doable, even after the last patch.

> It's never been "fine" in WvW where it can't compete for optimal composition slots, and it wasn't fine in PvP when out of the 9 classes, Ranger was the one you'd pick third to last in a team comp, just before Ele or Rev.

Yeah, and healing wasnt the problem. Lack of defensive support like stability, blocks, protection, resistance is the reason druid isn't picked over firebrand. I'm down to remove ancient seeds and replace it with a "defensive version" of gotl, that would be great.

> At least at that point it could still viably compete in PvP, but now it doesn't even have the tools to do that, since Firebrand pushes all other supports into obscurity and Spellbreaker/Chrono/Mirage and even Holo are all better sidenoders.

Druid was pretty much unkilable before the cooldown nerf on sPvP's CA, they were extremely popular in plat 1 and below because of how easy to stay alive it was and how much damage you could do with mender/paladin. Personally i'm glad it's gone, i rather fight mirage and holos instead.

> I guess we should all be happy for you that you think you got your raid balance, but it's at the cost of a whole lot of peoples ability to continue to enjoy the game.

I'm sorry, what? People are gonna stop enjoying the game because they have to choose betwen being full healers or "buffers" like all other healers? Poor them. :(

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > > >

> > > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > > >

> > > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > > >

> > > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > > >

> > > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > > >

> > > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > > >

> > > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That doesn't invalidate my point and druid is still fine outside of WvW. The only people i can really feel bad for are the open world casuals that have no idea what happened to their healing, but that could be fixed by having in-game patch notes instead of just forum/wiki.

> >

> > What are you talking about? Druid hasn't been "fine" anywhere outside of PvE/raids since the last balance patch.

> It's fine in open world, frac/dung/raids and PvP, maybe not ultra high tier sPvP or blob x blob WvW but anything else is doable, even after the last patch.

> > It's never been "fine" in WvW where it can't compete for optimal composition slots, and it wasn't fine in PvP when out of the 9 classes, Ranger was the one you'd pick third to last in a team comp, just before Ele or Rev.

> Yeah, and healing wasnt the problem. Lack of defensive support like stability, blocks, protection, resistance is the reason druid isn't picked over firebrand. I'm down to remove ancient seeds and replace it with a "defensive version" of gotl, that would be great.

> > At least at that point it could still viably compete in PvP, but now it doesn't even have the tools to do that, since Firebrand pushes all other supports into obscurity and Spellbreaker/Chrono/Mirage and even Holo are all better sidenoders.

> Druid was pretty much unkilable before the cooldown nerf on sPvP's CA, they were extremely popular in plat 1 and below because of how easy to stay alive it was and how much damage you could do with mender/paladin. Personally i'm glad it's gone, i rather fight mirage and holos instead.

> > I guess we should all be happy for you that you think you got your raid balance, but it's at the cost of a whole lot of peoples ability to continue to enjoy the game.

> I'm sorry, what? People are gonna stop enjoying the game because they have to choose betwen being full healers or "buffers" like all other healers? Poor them. :(

>

People will not enjoy playing Druid outside of PvE raids with it's lack of optimal competitiveness and miniscule viability, yes.

Glad we're in agreement.

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> meanwhile i'm going to be rotation testing zerk soulbeast with fanged iboga for raids.

Oddly enough, Iboga's update might change PvE Power Soulbeast to actually merge in and out of Beastmode (finally). So far, I got sword+axe/greatsword with MM/BM/SB.

Gotta start with One Wolf Pack > Sic 'Em > Maul > Hilt Bash > Maul > Weapon Swap > Worldly Impact > Path of Scars > Whirling Defense > Unmerge > Auto attack with the Iboga until Path of Scars > Weapon Swap > Maul > Auto attack and Maul until Worldly Impact is almost ready > Merge and repeat from Sic 'Em until One Wolf Pack is ready then repeat from the beginning.

Still testing though but so far this was by far the best result I've had.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > meanwhile i'm going to be rotation testing zerk soulbeast with fanged iboga for raids.

>

> Oddly enough, Iboga's update might change PvE Power Soulbeast to actually merge in and out of Beastmode (finally). So far, I got sword+axe/greatsword with MM/BM/SB.

>

> Gotta start with One Wolf Pack > Sic 'Em > Maul > Hilt Bash > Maul > Weapon Swap > Worldly Impact > Path of Scars > Whirling Defense > Unmerge > Auto attack with the Iboga until Path of Scars > Weapon Swap > Maul > Auto attack and Maul until Worldly Impact is almost ready > Merge and repeat from Sic 'Em until One Wolf Pack is ready then repeat from the beginning.

>

> Still testing though but so far this was by far the best result I've had.

I think this has a lot of potential, I was trying something very similar yesterday but alternating between the Iboga and Rock Gazelle.

Basic outline:

• Merge gazelle

• Burst everything inside "Sic em!"

• Unmerge & swap to Iboga

• WHaO to burst boons onto the Iboga

• Merge only briefly with the Iboga for the next "Sic em!"

• Repeat with gazelle for the next "Sic em!" etc

Problem is that the Iboga needs to be buffed to deal good damage and it's very hard to test that in the training arena without allies buffing you to proc the nature magic trait. (It loses its boons every time you merge).

Druid wise this patch was amazing. We now have full Minstrels Druids casually doing 10k DPS while being close to unkillable. From what I played yesterday, the healing nerfs are barely noticeable when solo healing and might is still extremely easy to cap. Double druid comps have some interesting options since you can run very offensive druids with lingering light if needed. Offensive condi druid was benchmarking at ~30k DPS from my testing yesterday, it's bonkers.

Lingering light may be a small nerf to CA heals since prepatch, but buffs everything else (Regen, glyph heal etc) way higher than it was before.

I'll be very suprised if the Iboga pet survives to the next balance patch.

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> Maybe you missed this ....

>

> Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. **While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.**

Most of us don't even use celestial form, it's practically useless in WvW.

> @"atheria.2837" said:

> > @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > Maybe you missed this ....

> >

> > Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. **While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.**

>

> Most of us don't even use celestial form, it's practically useless in WvW.

You're right, Druid isn't much in blob vs blob WvW, but I'd argue it's still not bad roaming in small groups. However in sPvP I'm loving the extra 50% in Celestial. I'm healing MUCH better, it's a very noticeable improvement.

I look at it like we more burst heal now rather than sustain in pvp.

Z

> @"atheria.2837" said:

> > @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > Maybe you missed this ....

> >

> > Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. **While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.**

>

> Most of us don't even use celestial form, it's practically useless in WvW.

Well then what's the problem? The only healing skills nerfed were in celestial form, and then buffed much more than they were nerfed with the trait. The big change here is you now need the trait, which will be a net buff to healing, but a reduction to group might generation.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > > > >

> > > > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > This change means you will have to choose betwen buffing with might or healing, that's all. Pretty much all other healers have to choose specific traits, weapons or skills to be healing focused support or utility focused supports, druid had everything at the same time. Let me help you to choose your traits!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >oh nooo this is a dangerous area ;-;

> > > > > > > > Get lingering light.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >This monster is tough but it doesn't deal much damage, we got this bois 8)

> > > > > > > > Get grace of the land.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >kitten our enemy is raining condis on us!!!

> > > > > > > > Get trapper's expertise + healing spring.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And so on. Have fun!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then let’s nerf ALL self and team healing and regen by up to 40%, then force players to take specific traits that boost is back up by the same amount. Likewise, let’s nerf all self and team boon support skills by 40% and do the trait treatment as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But why stop at heal and non heal support either? Let’s take all profession mechanics and nerf them by up to 40% and trait those as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They already have to take specific traits, skills and weapons for it. They have to take specific traitlines and traits to improve their healing/support, and they have no offensive buffs aside from might and quickness (Fb) and alacrity (rev), while druid have might+spirits+empower allies.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All druid had to do to keep **25 might on 10 people** and still provide **more than enough healing** is trait grace of the land -> enter CA (10 seconds cooldown) and use it's skills. It doesn't matter what other traits you pick, your weapon or skills, you could easily keep 10 people at 25 might and that's extremely overtuned copared to the other supports people like it or not.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are other modes besides raids...

> > > > >

> > > > > http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That doesn't invalidate my point and druid is still fine outside of WvW. The only people i can really feel bad for are the open world casuals that have no idea what happened to their healing, but that could be fixed by having in-game patch notes instead of just forum/wiki.

> > >

> > > What are you talking about? Druid hasn't been "fine" anywhere outside of PvE/raids since the last balance patch.

> > It's fine in open world, frac/dung/raids and PvP, maybe not ultra high tier sPvP or blob x blob WvW but anything else is doable, even after the last patch.

> > > It's never been "fine" in WvW where it can't compete for optimal composition slots, and it wasn't fine in PvP when out of the 9 classes, Ranger was the one you'd pick third to last in a team comp, just before Ele or Rev.

> > Yeah, and healing wasnt the problem. Lack of defensive support like stability, blocks, protection, resistance is the reason druid isn't picked over firebrand. I'm down to remove ancient seeds and replace it with a "defensive version" of gotl, that would be great.

> > > At least at that point it could still viably compete in PvP, but now it doesn't even have the tools to do that, since Firebrand pushes all other supports into obscurity and Spellbreaker/Chrono/Mirage and even Holo are all better sidenoders.

> > Druid was pretty much unkilable before the cooldown nerf on sPvP's CA, they were extremely popular in plat 1 and below because of how easy to stay alive it was and how much damage you could do with mender/paladin. Personally i'm glad it's gone, i rather fight mirage and holos instead.

> > > I guess we should all be happy for you that you think you got your raid balance, but it's at the cost of a whole lot of peoples ability to continue to enjoy the game.

> > I'm sorry, what? People are gonna stop enjoying the game because they have to choose betwen being full healers or "buffers" like all other healers? Poor them. :(

> >

>

> People will not enjoy playing Druid outside of PvE raids with it's lack of optimal competitiveness and miniscule viability, yes.

>

> Glad we're in agreement.

Yup! Then let's buff druid in a way that makes it balanced compared to other support / it's not frutrating to other people to play against, not just shove everything in the class until the "main druids" are satisfied.

Druid in raid didnt change, still same build/ rotation. The heal is enough for average pugs group, might stack is same. Now the 2nd healer can be aura ele/ fb/ rev,... so i think this patch is ok. However, we will see less offensive druid in PvP.

Speak of power soulbeast, i tested with golem and dps is around 23k-25k (realistic buff, merged pet 100% time, 270 ping lel) which for me is nice. What i'm surprise is lb/ gs dps only behind s+a/ gs for about 1k, even i stay in melee range all the time. Frost trap dealing 4k crit per pluse lol. If running stance share, we can drop frost trap to vulture stance and dps still same.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> Yup! Then let's buff druid in a way that makes it balanced compared to other support

Part of the problem is the effectiveness in other supports and the content they're usable for, not just how strong Druid is. Even with its meh Healing, Druid is still is a top pick because you rarely need much raw, reliable healing/defensive support to clear group content while it still offers good offensive buffs. Renegade and Firebrand offer some buffs, too, but those are easily covered/shared by a chrono or two before considering their healing. Is that squarely a Druid's fault?

>it's not frutrating to other people to play against

That's subjective and basically a part of the whiny mentality that plagues the PvP section. What is not "frustrating"? Spellbreakers being strong enough to potentially 1v2? Chronomancer visual clutter? FB+Scourge every fight? Too many things have suffered because of people going "I dont like this build! I shouldnt have to fight it! It should be easy to kill 1v1 because thats how I have fun!"

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > Yup! Then let's buff druid in a way that makes it balanced compared to other support

> Part of the problem is the effectiveness in other supports and the content they're usable for, not just how strong Druid is. Even with its meh Healing, Druid is still is a top pick because you rarely need much raw, reliable healing/defensive support to clear group content while it still offers good offensive buffs. Renegade and Firebrand offer some buffs, too, but those are easily covered/shared by a chrono or two before considering their healing. Is that squarely a Druid's fault?

> >it's not frutrating to other people to play against

> That's subjective and basically a part of the whiny mentality that plagues the PvP section. What is not "frustrating"? Spellbreakers being strong enough to potentially 1v2? Chronomancer visual clutter? FB+Scourge every fight? Too many things have suffered because of people going "I dont like this build! I shouldnt have to fight it! It should be easy to kill 1v1 because thats how I have fun!"

>

Personally i don't really care about game balance that much, i work on learning things and if after i'm not really having fun i just go play something else. The "druid is annoying to fight" thing is that most of my matches before that nerf, it always required 2 or 3 players to kill a druid and it took forever, and that's not the kind of thing healers should be able to do in **my opinion.**

Chrono/SB/FB+Scourge issues aren't good for the game either, but all we can do is give our feedback and wait for changes.

Well I'm so glad I finally finished a full ascended set and 2 days later Druid heals go from 3 to 1. This was my first character with ascended, a long haul and then this happens. Staff is even more worthless because yeah people will still want might. You reduce self healing presumably because dieing is a) fun b) *challenging*

Right now I'm sick of dieing.

The fun suckers have taken over ANet, I was really enjoying druid but now whenever I go out I'm just amazed at how fragile I am now. I am spec'd to heal and buff and now I can't heal without losing buffing power. I was having fun and you screwed me over. I daren't try another class because you will ruin the fun of that too.

You ruined the fun of JPs by seeing how effing frustrating and annoying you could make them to ensure they are *a challenge*

Try not to suck ALL the fun out of the game in the name of *challenge* Just leave us a tiny bit and consider that you may not know better than the players how to play the game.

> @"Simbosan.2863" said:

> Well I'm so glad I finally finished a full ascended set and 2 days later Druid heals go from 3 to 1. This was my first character with ascended, a long haul and then this happens. Staff is even more worthless because yeah people will still want might. You reduce self healing presumably because dieing is a) fun b) *challenging*

>

> Right now I'm sick of dieing.

>

> The fun suckers have taken over ANet, I was really enjoying druid but now whenever I go out I'm just amazed at how fragile I am now. I am spec'd to heal and buff and now I can't heal without losing buffing power. I was having fun and you screwed me over. I daren't try another class because you will ruin the fun of that too.

>

> You ruined the fun of JPs by seeing how effing frustrating and annoying you could make them to ensure they are *a challenge*

>

> Try not to suck ALL the fun out of the game in the name of *challenge* Just leave us a tiny bit and consider that you may not know better than the players how to play the game.

What gear are you using that these nerfs completely ruined your survivability? At most these nerfs shaved off like 400 healing, which is just a little over a tick of regen.

If you’re running with a healing power set these nerfs should barely even phase you, and it should be a net buff regardless of if you go the healing or buffing route since now the healing route is ridiculously good for allies, and the buffing route is easier to maintain due to longer duration might.