CTD on game launch, no errors or warnings.

I have no idea why it occurs, as the game played fine on my machine a year ago.

After loading the launcher and the download/update is in a playable state, I'll click play and the game starts to load. No window or screen loads and the process immediately unloads from memory. I couldn't find gw2.exe or gw2-64.exe in the task manager. There are no message boxes, no warnings and no error messages.

I've tried repairing with no luck.

At the moment of typing this I've just deleted all game files and am reinstalling the game client. I have already submitted a crash report because the client wouldn't let me uninstall it. The new client install is located in a new folder location ie: "D:\Games\Guild Wars 2"

Specs of my machine, should it be relevant, are:

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD FX8320e Black Edition 8 core cpu

8GB Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC

Windows partition sits on a SSD, all games and programs are located on a second 2TB HDD.

I suppose calling it a crash to desktop is a little bit inaccurate, as the game interface never loaded. I'd see the games icon appear in the task tray but no window or screen ever loaded but it closed its own process down.

> @"Loki.2359" said:

> Game has been working fine since I tried this and updated my drivers. Tis irritating though.

If you are using an NVIDIA card, and up to the moment drivers, then try without the `-windowed` argument, see if the problem stays resolved. The latest release from NVIDIA fixed a resource leak that caused this problem for me with a wide range of applications.

(Technically, it caused DirectX to fail to initialize, which GW2 handled by crashing -- guess they never expected that to fail.)