I am currently working on a tutorial for new players, help me make it as awesome as possible

Heya fellow tyrians

Lets face it, the game does not really explain itself all that well. There are many things that would make the game way better for some, but they never get told about it.

In order to fix that I am currently working on a tutorial. Well, not just a tutorial, but for example also a template for people that want to make videos about guild wars and so on.

[Here it is](https://rkoturdo-ndo.github.io/GW2-Tutorial/)

It is far from done, but I would be delighted about any feedback and even more so if people might actually want to help.

Besides that, I have also created a new guild designed to be an entry point for new players. Meaning that I go around on the beginning maps and try to answer peoples questions. If people are interested to assist me in this and help new players get into the game just write me a message.

Kind Regards, Rkoturdo Ndo (Rkoturdo Ndo.3264)

Looks pretty thorough. Try to think of things that people would be familiar with from other MMOS, but that work different in Gw2.

Breaking a stack for example - click + alt

The fact that you don't need to go into a town to use mailbox or TP, and that you can't mail things to yourself as a means of transferring items between characters.

Things that might be confusing for someone coming over from other titles, like WoW or ESO.

Great job.

> @"Rkoturdo Ndo.3264" said:

> Heya fellow tyrians

>

> Lets face it, the game does not really explain itself all that well. There are many things that would make the game way better for some, but they never get told about it.

>

> In order to fix that I am currently working on a tutorial. Well, not just a tutorial, but for example also a template for people that want to make videos about guild wars and so on.

>

> [Here it is](https://rkoturdo-ndo.github.io/GW2-Tutorial/)

>

> It is far from done, but I would be delighted about any feedback and even more so if people might actually want to help.

>

> Besides that, I have also created a new guild designed to be an entry point for new players. Meaning that I go around on the beginning maps and try to answer peoples questions. If people are interested to assist me in this and help new players get into the game just write me a message.

>

> Kind Regards, Rkoturdo Ndo (Rkoturdo Ndo.3264)

>

I think you can add information on how to play certain professions. If you need advice on writing the core engineer section, whether it's for PvE or PvP, I'll be happy to help.

Awesome work, Rkoturdo Ndo.3264 !

In a somewhat related note, the GW2 Wiki has this page:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank

Which is helpful for new players but it doesn't show what the target frame graphics actually look like.

Does anyone know a source for these - or is it just a matter of taking screenies in game and getting them out there for use?

Also, maybe these are in the Guild Wars 2 Asset Kit - if someone has those downloaded, can they check to see if target frames are contained in it?

> @"Elva.6372" said:

> Awesome work, Rkoturdo Ndo.3264 !

> In a somewhat related note, the GW2 Wiki has this page:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank

> Which is helpful for new players but it doesn't show what the target frame graphics actually look like.

> Does anyone know a source for these - or is it just a matter of taking screenies in game and getting them out there for use?

> Also, maybe these are in the Guild Wars 2 Asset Kit - if someone has those downloaded, can they check to see if target frames are contained in it?

Right, I will see how to fit that in.

And regarding professions, that is planned, but I want to keep it as general as possible since that changes regularly.

> @"Rkoturdo Ndo.3264" said:

>

> Right, I will see how to fit that in.

> And regarding professions, that is planned, but I want to keep it as general as possible since that changes regularly.

Oh my, hey, I wasn't necessarily trying to pile that on you and your project - more just trying to see if anyone has seen these assets somewhere in a usable form. :+1:

Your description from charr looks like it starts from the middle. You start with them having to retake their homelands, ommiting why and how they lost it in the 1st place. As for norns, you know what you did. Also you listed fear as a hard cc where as it is listed as a soft cc in the wiki. Minor nitpick, when you say stack sigils, assuming the audience is completely new, they prob won't know what that means. Perhaps say: "using 2 of the same kind" instead?

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> Your description from charr looks like it starts from the middle. You start with them having to retake their homelands, ommiting why and how they lost it in the 1st place. As for norns, you know what you did. Also you listed fear as a hard cc where as it is listed as a soft cc in the wiki. Minor nitpick, when you say stack sigils, assuming the audience is completely new, they prob won't know what that means. Perhaps say: "using 2 of the same kind" instead?

Feel free to rewrite the norn text, it is more of a placeholder. I will change the sigils part, your suggestions sounds good. And ofc fix the fear, that way my bad I honestly thought it is hard cc.

Looks very nice. Honest kudos to you.

Maybe a nice thing to include in the part pf choosing gear is, make sure your gear, and your playstyle are in tune.

For example; if your skills cause a lot of bleeding, know to bring condition damage, and not raw damage stats.

I see many beginners make the mistake of choosing berserker stats because it looks strong, but then they bring a lot of condi skills to the fight.

I always tell time, condi, power, etc, its all fine, but try to focus on one or the other. Two halves dont make a whole.