Updating Necro MH Dagger and Focus

Swadow.6213

Imo the dagger needs a gap closer.

Dagger is the only melee weapon in necros kit (not counting e spec weapons.) And unlike all other melee weapons in the game there is no gap close of any kind.

I think making it so that landing your 3 gave you a leap finisher blink to your target it would go along way. As far as the autos go they need a little something more besides the speed.

As far as focus the only skill that needs to be looked at is skill 4 which is short of needing an entire rework. The skill is decent if you launch it at point blank ranger despite it have 1200 range tooltip.

My proposed changes for focus 4 would be for one to remove the support form it. Skill 5 is not supportish and necro has no real main hand support weapons either to match it.

- New code so that it tracks properly at range being a 1200 range skill its true range is more like 600, 800 if you are lucky as it wont hit anything with any kind of motion at 800+

- Remove its ability to bounce period

- Remove regeneration application sense it wont bounce

- Give the skill ammo (2 charges)

- Increase the damage and life force gain slightly to compensate for lack of bounce

- Have it steel a boon from foes on hit. Deals more damage to foes with no boons.

Alternatively this could also be a good route

- Remove the bounce to allies so that it can only bounce between foes but decrease the number of bounces to like 3.

- Remove regeneration application

- Steal 2 boons from each foe hit

- Increase damage and life force gain slightly

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:

> > > Life Siphon is good.

> >

> > From pve perspective maybe. But it should share the heal with allies. In PvP it's horrible. Basically asking to get interrupted

> >

> >

>

> That said you can turn away (once you get the first hit off) and it will still do damage and healing, unlike other channeled attacks.

Yeah I use this sometimes. Still it needs like 1200 range to allow for this approach to work. Kiting away with only 600 range isn't really that great unless you're doing a bad job of putting distance in between you and your target.

Focus did benefit a lot from the range increase to 1200 and Axe did also benefit a lot from the range increase to 900.

Dagger would also benefit a lot from a range increase to 900.

This is obvious as clunkyness and long cast times have less impact on range. A Dagger/Dagger setup would be a pretty strong utility set if MH and OH Dagger both have the same 900 range. I would run D/D+GS then for crazy immob/GS combos while still staying dangerous at 900 range.

I would like to see Focus #4 (Reaper's Touch) to have a teleport attached to it (which can also an indirect dagger buff). Something like:

_Send out a scythe (1200 range) that causes vulnerability (no more regen on allies and no more bouncing). If it hits its target, it triggers the ability to teleport to that target for the next 3 seconds (1500 range) and blinds 5 foes in the area._

This way you still need a target to benefit (so Necros aren't just zipping around the battlefield), like Guardian ports, and there is plenty of counter-play.

I did play with D/Wh + Axe/Focus for a few hours now after the latest balance patch. The lower cooldowns on skill 2 and 3 are pretty good and a game changer in some matchups.

If they'd buff the auto attack damage by 20%, I'd say Dagger/Wh would be viable and often better than GS in a 1v1. At the moment the damage is just poor and not worth autoattacking at all.

I use Focus 4 exclusively at melee range right before entering shroud (Death Perception). It's a nice addition to my shroudburst then. Of course I would welcome a Focus 4 skill rework to a shadow step (functionality like core shroud 2). This would buff Focus from trash-tier to S-tier.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Huskyboy.1053" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:

> > > > Life Siphon is good.

> > >

> > > From pve perspective maybe. But it should share the heal with allies. In PvP it's horrible. Basically asking to get interrupted

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That said you can turn away (once you get the first hit off) and it will still do damage and healing, unlike other channeled attacks.

>

> Yeah I use this sometimes. Still it needs like 1200 range to allow for this approach to work. Kiting away with only 600 range isn't really that great unless you're doing a bad job of putting distance in between you and your target.

Okay now we can't anymore. But the cast time is 1.75s now.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> I wonder how wide an angle is allowed before the channel breaks and whether mobility skills break it, too. I have not spent a lot of time with dagger in a while.

Its probably similar to axe You need to keep them in a cone in front of you the closer a foe is the easier it will be for them to break it

While its faster you can no longer kite with it which was a big part of daggers play style. This could be seen as a buff / nerf in the same right.

Faster heal / Faster damage / Less flexibility / Easier damage to avoid.