Mounts in WvW

JayAction.9056

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> I just took the time to actually play first story of PoF.

>

> I think mounts should be usable in WvW.

>

> For everybody that has not unlocked mount yet or does not have POF > oh well

>

> Who agrees?

>

> Remember to thumbs up bros

>

> EDIT: Only raptor mount. Remember to thumbs up bros :+1:

You can already use waypoints in WvW. Being able to use mounts in WvW would break WvW. Imagine yourself, just doing your thing, roaming around in WvW and then some prick decides to use the raptors' Tail Spin ability and nearly kills you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > I just took the time to actually play first story of PoF.

> >

> > I think mounts should be usable in WvW.

> >

> > For everybody that has not unlocked mount yet or does not have POF > oh well

> >

> > Who agrees?

> >

> > Remember to thumbs up bros

> >

> > EDIT: Only raptor mount. Remember to thumbs up bros :+1:

>

> You can already use waypoints in WvW. Being able to use mounts in WvW would break WvW. Imagine yourself, just doing your thing, roaming around in WvW and then some prick decides to use the raptors' Tail Spin ability and nearly kills you.

Mesmer burst from stealth >>>> tail spin

> New map that nobody plays would be way more enjoyable with raptor mount....

>

> How about special abilities cant be used within like 500 units within a tower or keep so no jumping etc that breaks tower cap success.

I am not sure mounts would make Eotm more enjoyable unless you like leaping off into the abyss.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > New map that nobody plays would be way more enjoyable with raptor mount....

> >

> > How about special abilities cant be used within like 500 units within a tower or keep so no jumping etc that breaks tower cap success.

>

> I am not sure mounts would make Eotm more enjoyable unless you like leaping off into the abyss.

EOTM is not "new". That's not what I was referring to. The HOT map in regular WvW that nobody plays because it's so large or some other weird reason why nobody likes it.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> It would be a nice aesthetic touch.

> Just remove the mount abilities, have them move at the normal 33% boosted speed (as if you're running on foot with swiftness) and have them punted if the player takes a hit that puts them into combat.

> Heck, you wouldn't even need to restrict them to friendly territory.

>

> If you wanted to implement a mastery tree that gave them versions of their current abilities (far jump, high jump, teleport etc.) then you'd need to restrict their use to friendly territory.

>

> ~ Kovu

RIP WvW. A game running on an engine not able to handle ebg completely and you want to add something that is that ressource greedy?

Right now the biggest no is the engine not able to handle this.

Though i think they would make sense on DBL.

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > New map that nobody plays would be way more enjoyable with raptor mount....

> > >

> > > How about special abilities cant be used within like 500 units within a tower or keep so no jumping etc that breaks tower cap success.

> >

> > I am not sure mounts would make Eotm more enjoyable unless you like leaping off into the abyss.

>

> EOTM is not "new". That's not what I was referring to. The HOT map in regular WvW that nobody plays because it's so large or some other weird reason why nobody likes it.

Here is the thing. People do play DBL. Eotm not so much. Which is why I made that remark. Furthermore...DBL isn't "new" at this point either. =/ I was with the [Kazo] blob fighting Gandara and Augurary Rock on that day. Alas that must be an anecdote.

Given your suggestion it also feels like you haven't read the concerns people have put forth already. So I'm outtie.

While the idea isnt a bad one perse, it would change the while dynamic of WvW (almost as much as the WvW restructuring). Assuming its restricted to using it in territories you own (working similar to gliding outside your territory), attackers would be at a MASSIVE disadvantage. As it was mentioned, travel time is important in a "capture the flag" kind of game mode.

- If one side has raptors speed, the arrival time for groups to defend would cut dramatically, thus attackers are typically going to be disadvantaged, even if they outnumber the defenders.

- Battles at points will start/end faster (where most ppl love a good fight, this is not cool)

- Way more fight resets and less chance of chasing people down (which reduces the # of fights in WvW...which is opposite of the point of WvW)

- Bigger servers (like BG for example) would be at a greater advantage for defending as those sly ppl from other servers that strategically try to take something, now have less time to do it, thus invalidating most WvW strategies.

These are some examples that mounts would make WvW more unbalanced.

Also...Just because it sounds weird: Remember to thumbs up bros

REMEMBER,

Thumbs up bros if you want to join Raptor Boiz ?.

All raptors all the time everywhere, every map.

Will make desert BL much more playable. Will speed up game play on other maps and allow more action.

Fun for everybody. Get the with the program family.

Raptor Boiz ?.

If you don’t have raptor oh well oh well.

> REMEMBER,

>

> Thumbs up bros if you want to join Raptor Boiz ?.

>

> All raptors all the time everywhere, every map.

>

> Will make desert BL much more playable. Will speed up game play on other maps and allow more action.

>

> Fun for everybody. Get the with the program family.

>

> Raptor Boiz ?.

>

> If you don’t have raptor oh well oh well.

I feel like this is a cheesy 80's or 90's ad. I can see someone riding in on a 80's robotic raptor, wearing sunglasses with a hint of a monster truck effects "raptor RAPtor RAPTOR....RAPTOR BOIZ"

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I don't know about the raptor but I think Mr. Hoppy would do quite well in WvW. Just hop right over them pesky walls. It'd be a massive plus as far as I'm concerned.

If you’re not repping Raptor Boiz ? I don’t know if I can co-sign you sorry; Devs might.

Thumbs up though bro

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > I don't know about the raptor but I think Mr. Hoppy would do quite well in WvW. Just hop right over them pesky walls. It'd be a massive plus as far as I'm concerned.

>

> If you’re not repping Raptor Boiz ? I don’t know if I can co-sign you sorry

The rabid rabbit riders need not your notice :p

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> Sorry but, mounts would be too strong in WvW. Structures would become useless

> @"hyperchaotic.2390" said:

> Travel time is very important in WvW and must not be reduced. Things like running back to fights when defending/attacking, groups moving across the map, etc. all must take some time and impart some risk of discovery. It's part of what sets WvW apart from an arena.

Please NO.... Gliding makes it easy to get around. There is no reason to add mounts but Siege Turtles YES!!

lol just imagine the never ending fights in places like Bay because enemies would be back in the lords room no time thanks to raptor speed & leaps... I think gliding brought the 'pace' of WvW up a decent notch... let's not put it on obnoxious steroids with mounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Mounts in the current state of WVW would ruin it, totally no doubt. The only way i see mounts is under certain conditions. 1st maps HAS to be remade with mounts/gliding in mind, that means changing entire map layout etc. 2nd depending on how the new wvw is designed, special abilities may have to be restricted in some way, either by removing skills or limiting them to friendly territories. And to make things fair for players who do not own PoF expansion there 2 solutions i acn think of. Either stationed mounts at your servers keep/starting zone. The mounts at ur team/server would have limitations like for example, once u get knocked off or exit the mount it will run back its stable/dissappear. other solution would be to give players who own PoF the ability for 2 seaters, giving someone who does not own the expansion a ride. Ofc mounts borrowed in wvw cannot be taken out of wvw into the PVE maps etc. This is just my take on it and opinion, sorry for bad english im scandinavian.

Raptors in desert BL, with a few minor map changes, would probably be great. That map already has fast-travel mechanics. Obviously the engage skill would change combat quite a lot and would need balancing, but that's always the case with such a big change.

Or introduce mounts with a new BL map, which is long overdue anyway.

First, only is Desert Borderland. The other maps are way too small.

The griffon pet and hopper pets can't be allowed unless ANet introduces a ton of "invisible" smokey walls around keeps. Jackal and Raptor should be OK. Skimmer might be OK but also not really needed either.

Yes, so I can sit and preen on my sexy dyed to match my outfit mounts at spawn so everyone can see how I win at the true end game content: Fashion Wars. The enemy also needs to see this as I charge in like an avenging Valkyrie so they can be awed and inspired, or more likely, laugh at the ridiculousness of it.