We are getting Balthazar+GS as our next Legend, right ANET?

Will.9785

@"Klowdy.3126" OK but that's not what you initially argued. You initially argued that we *didn't* have a 2h melee weapon. Which is not true. You can't claim that it's almost 2h weapon because that is also, not true. You could say that you don't find it fun (valid). You could say that it is a support weapon (valid). But you can't act like it doesn't exist and that the 2h melee weapon option has been ignored as that is not the case. It's just not to everyone's liking.

@"Elric.4713" I am warming up to the idea of a ritualist.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" Yeah, I'm not going to play this game with you. You are jumping through hoops and cutting the hairs awful thin to justify your position. The Spellbreaker simply does not create the precedent you claim it does and I can promise you that most people are not going to care about the whole main hand/off hand distinction. The fact you have to find so many workarounds for the problems even you bring up really does make it clear that they are different. Your solution for the whole Ascended/Exotic problem highlights how different it is, as Spellbreaker did not create the same problem. When they sat down to make the Ascended weapon for Spellbreaker they didn't have to debate which weapon they were going to make (or off hand/main hand distinction). The choice was clear and simple. Pretending otherwise is an intellectually dishonest position. Your seven paragraph justification also refutes the idea that all people care about is getting new shinies. If folks didn't "care too much if one elite spec gets a little bit more than another one if it makes sense thematically and is generally cool/useful" you wouldn't be working so hard to justify your favorite choice. I also believe you solely overestimate just how accepting people are of other professions getting something cool if it thematically makes sense. That is not the side of the playerbase I see often. Your mount example doesn't work as at the end of the day mounts did not increase a professions power and everyone got the exact same mount. People on the forum regularly complain about what one profession gets and what they aren't getting. This entire discussion mostly about what we aren't getting.

>

> Frankly, Revenant has enough issues as is trying to get the development team to get them to a power level that won't result in enough player complaints that we eventually get hit with a nerf. I'm pretty sure two different elite weapons hinder that effort. But I'm done with this. I'm honestly not invested in this discussion enough to read seven paragraphs of justification only for the person writing it to act like it all doesn't matter at the end of the day. I also don't care too much to split the hairs of main hand/off hand that thinly as I am very confident that very few people will see it that way (if they did you wouldn't have needed to make that point in the first place).

I'm not trying to "play this game" with you; I"m merely trying to have a rational argument based on the available evidence. If you don't want to engage with my argumentation in an intellectually honest way (to quote you), that's fine, no one is forcing you to. Dismissing my argumentation simply because you don't agree with it and assuming that "this issue doesn't matter to me at the end of the day" is intellectually dishonest and an implied ad hominem. You haven't provided really any solid argumentation of your own; much of your reasoning is simply based on conjecture and subjective claims that it will cause a problem both for the devs in development and with community reaction. There is lacking evidence to really suggest that there would be some sort of outcry by the community at large, as it hasn't happened before; I looked for evidence of it for any similar situations regarding elite specs and their weapons (given that there ARE disparities even in the current system (i.e. staff's 5 skills vs. torch's 2) and couldn't find really anything. Additionally, these forums are perhaps the worst place to get an actual feel for the community's feelings on pretty much anything since a majority of the posts here are all negative and it's easy for a few people's opinions to become massively inflated through confirmation bias. GW2 Reddit is a much better place in comparison to see what the real thoughts of the community are, so I went through hundreds of posts organized by highest amount of upvotes to lowest to see if I could find any sort of proof for your claims and I couldn't find anything substantial; if such complaints exist they're less than 450 upvotes total, ever. In fact, most balance type discussions were few and far between and only hovered in the range of 500-700 upvotes, same with most elite spec discussion threads (which were vastly positive btw). When compared to the highest upvote posts up in the 3, 4, 5, and 7 thousands it becomes easy to see that the amount of people in the community that would actually care (as in care negatively; there would be tons of positive reactions given how other elite spec oriented threads were on reddit) about an elite spec getting two weapons is a tiny minority of our reddit subscribers (180,000 atm) and overall game players. Burden of proof is on you for such a claim that two weapons will somehow splinter the community or cause a controversy. If a real controversy is something you're interested in, take a look at the Mount License issue, the Pre-purchase veteran player issue that happened with HoT, or the Legendary Armor Brazil issue (as well as a fair amount of other controversies) instead of taking a few random complaint posts on the forums as indicative of an issue that will tear apart the community.

having two different elite weapons for Revenant does -nothing- for power levels vs other classes. Its simply all about the weaponskills. Completely no different from other classes getting a 2handed elite weapons.

If scepter, we -need- focus too, as we have spell offhand.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> @"Elric.4713" I am warming up to the idea of a ritualist.

That is if they don't decide to make Assassin and Ritualist NPC only like they did with Dervish and Paragon, tho I feel like it would do wonders for the Revenant community after the atrocity that the Renegade ended up being.

> @"Elric.4713" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Elric.4713" I am warming up to the idea of a ritualist.

>

> That is if they don't decide to make Assassin and Ritualist NPC only like they did with Dervish and Paragon, tho I feel like it would do wonders for the Revenant community after the atrocity that the Renegade ended up being.

>

>

Awwww whats wrong with Renegade?

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Elric.4713" I am warming up to the idea of a ritualist.

> >

> > That is if they don't decide to make Assassin and Ritualist NPC only like they did with Dervish and Paragon, tho I feel like it would do wonders for the Revenant community after the atrocity that the Renegade ended up being.

> >

> >

>

> Awwww whats wrong with Renegade?

Shortbow has no utility, most of its abilities miss moving targets.

Kalla has no survivability skills, all of her skills are wells that can be killed, making them beyond garbage in sPvP/WvW, and all of her skills behave in the same way, unlike other legends.

The unique specialization abilities are consuming way too much energy, which is something the Revenant already struggle enough with, and are kind of boring when compared to more imaginative specialization, such as the Weaver.

Most of the traits are also kind of useless.

Scepter+Focus? Nah, too boring.

Scepter+Scepter - that is what I want. Come on, Scepter is just a magic equivalent of Pistol. If some professions can use double Pistols, why there cannot be a magic user that uses double Specters?! Just imagine how insanely cool it would be.

And it is not only about Revenant, we need more interesting and unique usage of weapons! How about a double Shields? Or double Torches?

> @"Bomboed.5697" said:

> Scepter+Focus? Nah, too boring.

> Scepter+Scepter - that is what I want. Come on, Scepter is just a magic equivalent of Pistol. If some professions can use double Pistols, why there cannot be a magic user that uses double Specters?! Just imagine how insanely cool it would be.

> And it is not only about Revenant, we need more interesting and unique usage of weapons! How about a double Shields? Or double Torches?

Why not just double GS while we are at it?

> @"Frozey.8513" said:

> > @"Bomboed.5697" said:

> > Scepter+Focus? Nah, too boring.

> > Scepter+Scepter - that is what I want. Come on, Scepter is just a magic equivalent of Pistol. If some professions can use double Pistols, why there cannot be a magic user that uses double Specters?! Just imagine how insanely cool it would be.

> > And it is not only about Revenant, we need more interesting and unique usage of weapons! How about a double Shields? Or double Torches?

>

> Why not just double GS while we are at it?

Why stop there? Double rifle rambo!

> @"aceofbass.2163" said:

> > @"Frozey.8513" said:

> > > @"Bomboed.5697" said:

> > > Scepter+Focus? Nah, too boring.

> > > Scepter+Scepter - that is what I want. Come on, Scepter is just a magic equivalent of Pistol. If some professions can use double Pistols, why there cannot be a magic user that uses double Specters?! Just imagine how insanely cool it would be.

> > > And it is not only about Revenant, we need more interesting and unique usage of weapons! How about a double Shields? Or double Torches?

> >

> > Why not just double GS while we are at it?

>

> Why stop there? Double rifle rambo!

Double longbow. Because it will definitely work!

> @"Bomboed.5697" said:

> > @"aceofbass.2163" said:

> > > @"Frozey.8513" said:

> > > > @"Bomboed.5697" said:

> > > > Scepter+Focus? Nah, too boring.

> > > > Scepter+Scepter - that is what I want. Come on, Scepter is just a magic equivalent of Pistol. If some professions can use double Pistols, why there cannot be a magic user that uses double Specters?! Just imagine how insanely cool it would be.

> > > > And it is not only about Revenant, we need more interesting and unique usage of weapons! How about a double Shields? Or double Torches?

> > >

> > > Why not just double GS while we are at it?

> >

> > Why stop there? Double rifle rambo!

>

> Double longbow. Because it will definitely work!

Sword-chucks, yo.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> I'd prefer Togo + Scepter. Ritualist.

>

> For one, we are desperately lacking a ranged 1h weapon. And we are also lacking a good Power dps spec. (Since Renegade is Condi/Support and Herald is Defense.)

>

> Something with powerful mists magic, lightning strikes, and of course, spirits!

>

> Yeah, I know what people are thinking. "Isn't renegade already a ritualist?" Only partially. Renegade embraces a support ritualist. Master Togo could embrace spirits more as turrets we could teleport. I'm pointing to the "Spirit Spammer" SoS rit from GW1

This would be perfect.

> @"dusanyu.4057" said:

> Revs were billed as "bruisers" hence why we toss our Hammers and slap things with a staff so its likely to be some sort of martial weapon. I am betting on Prince Rurick

That would be so amazing. With fire effects on skills but a spec based on power stat

this is kinda a meme answer but also could happen knowing this game but there could be a possibility of a Prince Rurik Legend (that parts the joke) but for a serious suggestion how about Adelbern to give us off hand focus since he was a sorcerer king, or maybe Mhenlo for off hand Focus or main hand scepter. in honesty both suggestions are probably dumb but eh I am really ok with anything

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"evold.9627" said:

> > but eh I am really ok with anything

>

> NO ! Greatsword or RIOT !

>

> My red Twilight can’t take any more dust on my 2012 warrior.

from my experience of a rev. a greatsword would just be another bad ranged weapon overshadowed by hammers. Most weapons for the rev are not that great and if it were to be used traditionally like a warrior uses it then it would probably have a lot of movement skills. Rev's are just too squishy to stand and fight like a warrior can.

That being said I am ok with anything they give the class and "REEEE Greatsword! REEEE!" wont make the dev's change their mind on their next choice. Just wait and see what happens who knows maybe we might get something cool like Balths fighting style on a greatsword with Jora as the new legend or even be the only class in the game that can use off hands with a great sword or some nonsense like that.

> @"evold.9627" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > @"evold.9627" said:

> > > but eh I am really ok with anything

> >

> > NO ! Greatsword or RIOT !

> >

> > My red Twilight can’t take any more dust on my 2012 warrior.

>

> from my experience of a rev. a greatsword would just be another bad ranged weapon overshadowed by hammers. Most weapons for the rev are not that great and if it were to be used traditionally like a warrior uses it then it would probably have a lot of movement skills. Rev's are just too squishy to stand and fight like a warrior can.

>

> That being said I am ok with anything they give the class and "REEEE Greatsword! REEEE!" wont make the dev's change their mind on their next choice. Just wait and see what happens who knows maybe we might get something cool like Balths fighting style on a greatsword with Jora as the new legend or even be the only class in the game that can use off hands with a great sword or some nonsense like that.

Won’t be ranged since we already got shortbow. Power weapon with a focus on AoE damage while sword is more single target focused ( UA, precision strike, deathstrike) would seal the deal for me.

By the way if enough people speak their mind, the devs notice it and take it into account. They’re not blind as you think. Just like what happened with JP. ;)

The fact this thread is still up (and many before it) proves it’s a popular demand which will be met soon or later.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"evold.9627" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > @"evold.9627" said:

> > > > but eh I am really ok with anything

> > >

> > > NO ! Greatsword or RIOT !

> > >

> > > My red Twilight can’t take any more dust on my 2012 warrior.

> >

> > from my experience of a rev. a greatsword would just be another bad ranged weapon overshadowed by hammers. Most weapons for the rev are not that great and if it were to be used traditionally like a warrior uses it then it would probably have a lot of movement skills. Rev's are just too squishy to stand and fight like a warrior can.

> >

> > That being said I am ok with anything they give the class and "REEEE Greatsword! REEEE!" wont make the dev's change their mind on their next choice. Just wait and see what happens who knows maybe we might get something cool like Balths fighting style on a greatsword with Jora as the new legend or even be the only class in the game that can use off hands with a great sword or some nonsense like that.

>

> Won’t be ranged since we already got shortbow. Power weapon with a focus on AoE damage while sword is more single target focused ( UA, precision strike, deathstrike) would seal the deal for me.

>

> By the way if enough people speak their mind, the devs notice it and take it into account. They’re not blind as you think. Just like what happened with JP. ;)

>

> The fact this thread is still up (and many before it) proves it’s a popular demand which will be met soon or later.

>

Just because its in popular demand does not mean they have to listen or care. People used that as an argument to get Two handed weapons put back on Frost Death Knight on world of warcraft and Blizzard despite the large amount of people wanting it back decided to ignore them and keep going the direction they are going.

Im not saying they wont or shouldn't give us greatswords I just think that its wishful thinking that they are certain to do so just because its a popular topic.

> @"evold.9627" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > @"evold.9627" said:

> > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > @"evold.9627" said:

> > > > > but eh I am really ok with anything

> > > >

> > > > NO ! Greatsword or RIOT !

> > > >

> > > > My red Twilight can’t take any more dust on my 2012 warrior.

> > >

> > > from my experience of a rev. a greatsword would just be another bad ranged weapon overshadowed by hammers. Most weapons for the rev are not that great and if it were to be used traditionally like a warrior uses it then it would probably have a lot of movement skills. Rev's are just too squishy to stand and fight like a warrior can.

> > >

> > > That being said I am ok with anything they give the class and "REEEE Greatsword! REEEE!" wont make the dev's change their mind on their next choice. Just wait and see what happens who knows maybe we might get something cool like Balths fighting style on a greatsword with Jora as the new legend or even be the only class in the game that can use off hands with a great sword or some nonsense like that.

> >

> > Won’t be ranged since we already got shortbow. Power weapon with a focus on AoE damage while sword is more single target focused ( UA, precision strike, deathstrike) would seal the deal for me.

> >

> > By the way if enough people speak their mind, the devs notice it and take it into account. They’re not blind as you think. Just like what happened with JP. ;)

> >

> > The fact this thread is still up (and many before it) proves it’s a popular demand which will be met soon or later.

> >

>

> Just because its in popular demand does not mean they have to listen or care. People used that as an argument to get Two handed weapons put back on Frost Death Knight on world of warcraft and Blizzard despite the large amount of people wanting it back decided to ignore them and keep going the direction they are going.

>

> Im not saying they wont or shouldn't give us greatswords I just think that its wishful thinking that they are certain to do so just because its a popular topic.

I genuinely don’t understand why you are so stubborn on your position. I never wrote that devs have to but they do read these forums and reddit. Guess what it’s a topic that has come time and time again even during HoT. We might not get it next time but it only make sense that we could get it at some point.

It’s not like people are asking for super saiyan 10 op skills and traits.

Your example is fair about the DK but it works in reverse too, lots of requests from players were met due to high demand, blood elves skin in Alliance (as shadow-whatever elves) etc etc. Sure it isn’t always the case but since GW2 uses the “new weapon for each elite spec with each new expac”. I believe we might get one some day or another as it’s not like people are asking to break a theme of a spec such as Frost which was always focused on dual wielding. Since there is no GS spec, yet.

Just my 2 cents.

As much as I would love to see Rev get the GS. I feel like the next weapon will be dagger. Mind you my reasoning for this is simply due to the art here on the forums of some of the classes.

![](https://i.imgur.com/OkHSLlx.png "")

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that does look like a rev, with a dagger. Especially since (as far as I'm aware) there are no Swords that you hold that way.