Owning just the base game

> @"dannymichel.6019" said:

> What do i lose by only owning the base game without expansions?

You lose the possibility to join high end pve (raid), you can't play living seasons (though you'll still unlock them by logging), pof and hot's maps (obviously), gen 2 legendaries, you'll be disadvantaged on t4 fractals, being forced to use core builds.

> What am i missing out on if i only pvp?

You miss the possibility to use current meta builds, forcing you to use the few competitive core builds out there.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> @"dannymichel.6019" Pretty much what Zaraki said. I believe you also will not be able to use mounts or gliders without the expansions, due to the mastery system in the expansion storylines, but not 100% sure.

This is correct, but for the mounts it is just because the only places that let you get mounts are in PoF maps. (In fact, the Raptor is granted overtly as part of the very first segment of the PoF story.)

> What do i lose by only owning the base game without expansions?

You lose access to HoT and PoF maps, elite specializations, raids, gliders, mounts and the Revenant profession.

> What am i missing out on if i only pvp?

Not much. You'd miss out the story, map completion, farming meta events, exploring zones, WvW etc. But if you don't care about all of those things and you prefer to PvP only, then there's nothing to worry about.