Little Change to Core Revenant - [Suggestion]

Ealandur.1876

#Why Change Things ?

Since Revenant is still at a moment where it feels like an unfinished class and feels like it is still lacking a lot of customization and most Importantly **Synergy** between it's Legends, my suggestion would be to add an F2 for the Core Class (So Glint F2 Becomes F3 etc...), giving it a skill that should Narrow the gap between the Synergy of Legends.

The New F2 depends on which 2 Legends the Player Chooses.

Each Skill has a 20s CD and 10 Energy cost.

#The Skills - New F2

**Shiro-Mallyx** [Cursed Hand]

Chill your target and corrupt up to three boons, dealing extra damage on the number of boons removed. (basically same as "Spinal Shivers" (Necromancer Focus 5), but it is a corrupt instead of a boon removal and the direct damage is 50% weaker).

**Shiro-Jallis** [Jade Stone]

Gain Protection [3s] and Stability [3s].

Each Critical hit Siphons Life from enemies based on the Number of Stacks of Stability on you [Duration 3s] [No Internal CD] [Life Siphon Damage: 50] [Life Siphon Healing: 50].

**Shiro-Ventari** [benevolent Shadow]

You and your allies gain Magnetic Aura [4s].

Each Critical hit heals you and your Allies based on the percentage of damage **You** [not your allies] do to enemies [20%].

**Shiro-Glint** [Overwhelming Presence]

Gain Shocking Aura [3s].

Each Critical hit Siphons Life from enemies [Duration 3s] [No Internal CD] [Life Siphon Damage: 300] [Life Siphon Healing: 300].

**Mallyx-Ventari** [Cursed Benevolence]

Pulses 2s Resistance each second [Duration: 4s] [240 radius].

Heals you and allies each time you inflict Torment [Duration: 4s] [240 radius] [Healing: 300].

**Mallyx-Jallis** [Cursed Stone]

You and your allies gain Frost Aura [4s].

Pulse-Corrupts 1 boon each second for 4s [Number of Targets: 5] [240 Radius].

**Mallyx-Glint** [Cold Flame]

Strike your foe [Range 600], inflicting Chill 2s, Burn 2s and Torment 2s.

For each condition on your target up to the condition threshold, inflict additional Toment stacks. (Similar to "Feast of Corruption" (Necro Scepter 3)).

**Jallis-Ventari** [benevolent Stone]

Pulses Stability each second for 5 Seconds.

Pulse-Healing allies for each stack of Stability on you (100 per stack).

**Jallis-Glint** [stone Endurance]

-20% damage [Duration: 4s].

1s Taunt for each enemy +1 Stack of Stability for each enemy [240 Radius].

**Ventari-Glint** [benevolent Wing]

You and your Allies gain Light Aura [Duration: 4s].

Pulses Healing for each Boon on you [Number of Targets: 5] [100 per Boon] [Duration 4s].

I think this is a fun idea and you did a pretty good job at finding synergy between the two main playstyles/themes of each legend to make them usable for multiple builds. I think adding that extra layer of complexity would be really nice. I have been trying to make some core rev builds work, but it feels really naked and incomplete without any F2. I would love something like this.

Only immediate critique I can give you is that Mallyx/Ventari resistance numbers would be way too high. With 100% boon duration that's 16s on a 20s cooldown. I think pulsing 1s would be more fair.

I like these a lot, honestly. This is something that should have been on Revenant from the start. I think the best part about this, too, is that they're legend combo specific, so they would be easier to balance as any changes to the skills would only effect a specific legend combo. This means that it could help boost underperforming spec combos in a truly targeted way, as opposed to nerfing/buffing something in one legend and effecting 5 different builds. Nice job!

Alright, I'll give you a full critique/commentary since I'm home from work now. Just personal opinion of course. Again, I really like your ideas and think that they would really add a lot of depth to the class. They seem like they were a lot of fun to make too.

> **Shiro-Mallyx** [Cursed Hand]

> Chill your target and corrupt up to three boons, dealing extra damage on the number of boons removed. (basically same as "Spinal Shivers" (Necromancer Focus 5), but it is a corrupt instead of a boon removal and the direct damage is 50% weaker).

Solid suggestion. I like.

> **Shiro-Jallis** [Jade Stone]

> Gain Protection [3s] and Stability [3s].

> Each Critical hit Siphons Life from enemies based on the Number of Stacks of Stability on you [Duration 3s] [No Internal CD] [Life Siphon Damage: 50] [Life Siphon Healing: 50].

The boons are appropriate and the siphoning of course fits the theme of Shiro, but I think the idea of having the siphoning strength based strictly on stability stacks is a little weird considering this doesn't pulse them.

> **Shiro-Ventari** [benevolent Shadow]

> You and your allies gain Magnetic Aura [4s].

> Each Critical hit heals you and your Allies based on the percentage of damage **You** [not your allies] do to enemies [20%].

Cool idea. However, I do have one problem with this one: the healing aspect of this greatly favors power builds. Although I like the flavor of this one, I think it is better for build diversity to cater to something that fits both legend themes without overtly favoring one over the other. I would suggest having the siphoning be a flat amount based on number of hits (not crits) rather than having it based on damage inflicted. That way it is still useful for power builds, but also for heal builds (like how you made the Mallyx-Ventari skill based on # of torment rather than % of torment damage).

> **Shiro-Glint** [Overwhelming Presence]

> Gain Shocking Aura [3s].

> Each Critical hit Siphons Life from enemies [Duration 3s] [No Internal CD] [Life Siphon Damage: 300] [Life Siphon Healing: 300].

Well done. This is probably the most common legend combo for rev, and I think it would be very appropriate for the overall playstyle that this combo tends to cater to. With Surging Runes being removed from PvP, this would help give revs give more of a fighting chance against classes like thieves.

> **Mallyx-Ventari** [Cursed Benevolence]

> Pulses 2s Resistance each second [Duration: 4s] [240 radius].

> Heals you and allies each time you inflict Torment [Duration: 4s] [240 radius] [Healing: 300].

This I like a lot. Like I said in my previous post, the resistance amount is far too much, so halving it would be much healthier. This is my favorite legend combo to run, and I would very much welcome this into my kit 100%.

> **Mallyx-Jallis** [Cursed Stone]

> You and your allies gain Frost Aura [4s].

> Pulse-Corrupts 1 boon each second for 4s [Number of Targets: 5] [240 Radius].

Solid. Perhaps scale down the # of boon corrupts, considering this is 5 targets. I like that you made this PBAoE to make it make sense for Jalis.

> **Mallyx-Glint** [Cold Flame]

> Strike your foe [Range 600], inflicting Chill 2s, Burn 2s and Torment 2s.

> For each condition on your target up to the condition threshold, inflict additional Toment stacks. (Similar to "Feast of Corruption" (Necro Scepter 3)).

This is a fun one. I like it.

> **Jallis-Ventari** [benevolent Stone]

> Pulses Stability each second for 5 Seconds.

> Pulse-Healing allies for each stack of Stability on you (100 per stack).

This is a pretty interesting one. Would definitely be very strong. The scaling per stack of stability makes more sense on this one than it does Shiro-Jalis because that one only gives you 1 stack of stability.

> **Jallis-Glint** [stone Endurance]

> -20% damage [Duration: 4s].

> 1s Taunt for each enemy +1 Stack of Stability for each enemy [240 Radius].

I like it. Makes sense for this combo to be the tanky one.

> **Ventari-Glint** [benevolent Wing]

> You and your Allies gain Light Aura [Duration: 4s].

> Pulses Healing for each Boon on you [Number of Targets: 5] [100 per Boon] [Duration 4s].

I really love this one. Inspiration from Medkit? Would be extremely potent in WvW with all the boonstacking and outgoing healing modifiers from Salvation.

@Pterikdactyl.7630

For the **Shiro-Ventari** I was thinking about a Battle-Healer play-style with Zealot Stats, but you are right, it does less help Ventari in that regard.

For the **Shiro-Jallis** this time it does more benefit Jallis, which is unfortunate. The Idea was playing with Devastation Traitline, putting the road and then going all in with Vengeful Hammers, which would steal a lot of life with that combo.

Some things still need to be Balanceded or Changed indeed, and you have a good eye for that looks like, thanks a lot for the critique! :)

@Everyone

I really do hope we get at least something like this on Revenant, if they are not going to Rework the Class.

Keep the Critiques Coming Guys and try to change the skills to something better if you want, feel creative !

EDIT: If you wondered why I did not put Kalla in the changes, it is because unfortunately that Legend is still a mess lacks a real *Direction* for what it wants to do, unlike the other Legends.

I love the idea.

Brings so much more depth to legend mechanics. Basically we need more systems like this and weapon skills which effects change a bit basing on currently active legend (just like in case of trident).

The fexibility it would give us would be a nice payoff for the class overall lacking in customisation possibilities (due to the utilities being bound to legends).

This is such a cool idea. Giving an identity to the mixture of legends you choose would feel really good in this class! The only selfish little input I’d have as a power Shiro main would be to have that combo revolve more around quickness and sharing that with teammates?

Honestly, this is one of very few unique, well-founded, and reasonable class rework ideas found on these forums. Rather than complaining about the energy system (which is totally fine) or our damage (which is totally fine), you created another level of depth for the class.

If I were to implement this suggestion, I would probably go even a level deeper. Double the cooldown on all the skills you suggested (now 40s, 10 energy) and add a different skill based on which legend is active and which legend is not. IMO this could help distance the idea from what weaver already brings to the table.

For example, I really like your Shiro-Glint idea, which I envision as being the skill when Glint is active, as it adds some aspects of Shiro to the Glint playstyle with the stun and siphons based on dealing damage. When Shiro is active I would suggest something like the following in order to lend the Shiro legend some of Glint's innate tankiness while still letting the rev go on the offensive.

[Dragon's Prowess]

Four pulses of Quickness (1s) and Protection (2s) on the revenant only, with an interval of one second. Incoming direct damage and condition damage is additionally reduced by 10% while under this effect (four pulses with an interval of one second= four seconds total under this effect).

This definitely would be part of a massive rework, but if they could change the very fundamentals of phantasms, as well as create a monstrous number of dual skills for Weaver, I think an idea like this would be fun to implement.