A guy who can't find anyone while roaming in WvW because of NZT timezone

Hello,

I was wondering if a sPvP build can also work in WvW. It's still the same concept right? Because you're still technically fighting a player. So for example in sPvP, I'm using a Condi something build with the class Engineer using Carrion stats and it's really effective. Will that Condi something Engineer build be effective as well in WvW if I had (either Exotic or Ascended) Carrion stats? I am aware that the numbers will be different with each stat point. But in terms of usage and comparison, will it be the same?

Thank you in advance.

Sort of. The goals are different so the builds are different.

There are similarities in that the same types of concepts are used, like stun breaks and condi clear are required unlike PvE builds. But PvP builds tend to focus around sustainability and WvW roaming builds tend to focus on mobility (stealth and movement.)

I.e. you want to be able to "tank" 1v2 in PvP for at least a few seconds, and in WvW you want to be able to relocate or evade 1v8 for at least a few seconds.

You win in PvP by standing on point and you win in WvW by moving to the next point.

PvP builds are usually an excellent starting point, but you'll need to adjust things. Alternatively you can look at sites like metabattle.com and just go to the WvW section.

Edit: Also on a more complicated note, trying to mimic PvP stats is a waste. PvP amulets are made to be balanced and equal, and in WvW you don't need to be. You can add just exactly the right stats you need, like extra boon duration, or all damage, etc.

Condi engie has been completely sidelined by PoF condi specs. Before it had *some* use as it it didnt really compete with itself (power scrapper was ok, but it didnt really overshadow condi scrapper as it had limited range. It was a different style that's all) and it didnt compete with most other condis either (dc reaper was OP, but melee limited and the condi engie offered range).

It is now nowhere near effective and useless in most situations. Condi scourge **dominates** all other condi specs. Power holo is the meta for engie, the only meta... and it still has stiff competetion from other power specs (spellbreakers most notably).

I mained a condi scrapper for about a year before PoF. Instantly tossed it on release. If you like power rifle on the engie, holo can be very, very strong. If you dont... well I dont.

Also I am not quite sure what the topic title has to do with the thread.

> @"Jeyy.5028" said:

> Hello,

> I was wondering if a sPvP build can also work in WvW. It's still the same concept right? Because you're still technically fighting a player. So for example in sPvP, I'm using a Condi something build with the class Engineer using Carrion stats and it's really effective. Will that Condi something Engineer build be effective as well in WvW if I had (either Exotic or Ascended) Carrion stats? I am aware that the numbers will be different with each stat point. But in terms of usage and comparison, will it be the same?

>

> Thank you in advance.

Click Bait? The body of your post has nothing to do with the title...

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Condi engie has been completely sidelined by PoF condi specs. Before it had *some* use as it it didnt really compete with itself (power scrapper was ok, but it didnt really overshadow condi scrapper as it had limited range. It was a different style that's all) and it didnt compete with most other condis either (dc reaper was OP, but melee limited and the condi engie offered range).

>

> It is now nowhere near effective and useless in most situations. Condi scourge **dominates** all other condi specs. Power holo is the meta for engie, the only meta... and it still has stiff competetion from other power specs (spellbreakers most notably).

>

> I mained a condi scrapper for about a year before PoF. Instantly tossed it on release. If you like power rifle on the engie, holo can be very, very strong. If you dont... well I dont.

>

> Also I am not quite sure what the topic title has to do with the thread.

Condi Engineer was just an example. "So for example, in sPvP...". I also mentioned I am not an Engineer.

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> Sort of. The goals are different so the builds are different.

>

> There are similarities in that the same types of concepts are used, like stun breaks and condi clear are required unlike PvE builds. But PvP builds tend to focus around sustainability and WvW roaming builds tend to focus on mobility (stealth and movement.)

>

> I.e. you want to be able to "tank" 1v2 in PvP for at least a few seconds, and in WvW you want to be able to relocate or evade 1v8 for at least a few seconds.

> You win in PvP by standing on point and you win in WvW by moving to the next point.

>

> PvP builds are usually an excellent starting point, but you'll need to adjust things. Alternatively you can look at sites like metabattle.com and just go to the WvW section.

>

> Edit: Also on a more complicated note, trying to mimic PvP stats is a waste. PvP amulets are made to be balanced and equal, and in WvW you don't need to be. You can add just exactly the right stats you need, like extra boon duration, or all damage, etc.

Thank you!

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Jeyy.5028" said:

> > Hello,

> > I was wondering if a sPvP build can also work in WvW. It's still the same concept right? Because you're still technically fighting a player. So for example in sPvP, I'm using a Condi something build with the class Engineer using Carrion stats and it's really effective. Will that Condi something Engineer build be effective as well in WvW if I had (either Exotic or Ascended) Carrion stats? I am aware that the numbers will be different with each stat point. But in terms of usage and comparison, will it be the same?

> >

> > Thank you in advance.

>

> Click Bait? The body of your post has nothing to do with the title..

Yeet