I would like it if Outfits did come with some wardrobe parts to them

I like outfits as a quick way to change the look of my character, but I can't help but want certain parts only. Like for instance, the new Dervish outfit is cool, but I would love to keep the legs, boots and head part but pick my own chest and shoulders part to fit my Revenant heavy style of role-play. Same can be said for lots of the outfit skins. There are parts I like but also parts I would love to swap for some wardrobe skins I may have unlocked.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Of course, then they would be Armor pieces, and not Outfits. It would kind of defeat the purpose/idea.

>

> Outflits change freely. Armor parts require a currency to change the look.

Then the OP could have requested the currency to be removed. Instead their post was nothing about that but instead out changing costumes to be armor pieces.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> To do this at this late date would require completely redoing ~76 outfits and changing the UI to allow mix and match between outfits as well as adding a wardrobe for the individual pieces. This would be a major revamp of the outfit system and very unlikely at this late stage of the game.

>

>

That's not as difficult as you would describe since for each Racial/Gender model the outfits are already designed and modeled in the game from each outfit. That work is already done. They just need to make each part into individual pieces of player choice instead of all preset developers choice.

Clipping comes with any gear piece. Ask Chars about this.. so that's not a good enough reason to not separate them. Because if the game art department went by that general rule, the Char race would not exist as a playable race.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Of course, then they would be Armor pieces, and not Outfits. It would kind of defeat the purpose/idea.

> >

> > Outflits change freely. Armor parts require a currency to change the look.

>

> Then the OP could have requested the currency to be removed. Instead their post was nothing about that but instead out changing costumes to be armor pieces.

Because Outfits don't have a currency. They can change freely as is. Wardrobe skins do. That's already how it is. Why would the OP need that suggested if it's already like that.

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > To do this at this late date would require completely redoing ~76 outfits and changing the UI to allow mix and match between outfits as well as adding a wardrobe for the individual pieces. This would be a major revamp of the outfit system and very unlikely at this late stage of the game.

> >

> >

>

> That's not as difficult as you would describe since for each Racial/Gender model the outfits are already designed and modeled in the game from each outfit. That work is already done. They just need to make each part into individual pieces of player choice instead of all preset developers choice.

> Clipping comes with any gear piece. Ask Chars about this.. so that's not a good enough reason to not separate them. Because if the game art department went by that general rule, the Char race would not exist as a playable race.

It’s not as easy as you say otherwise we wouldn’t have so many costumes and they’d all be armor sets.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Of course, then they would be Armor pieces, and not Outfits. It would kind of defeat the purpose/idea.

> > >

> > > Outflits change freely. Armor parts require a currency to change the look.

> >

> > Then the OP could have requested the currency to be removed. Instead their post was nothing about that but instead out changing costumes to be armor pieces.

>

> Because Outfits don't have a currency. They can change freely as is. Wardrobe skins do. That's already how it is. Why would the OP need that suggested if it's already like that.

The thread isn’t about costs as it wasn’t brought up by you until much later.

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > To do this at this late date would require completely redoing ~76 outfits and changing the UI to allow mix and match between outfits as well as adding a wardrobe for the individual pieces. This would be a major revamp of the outfit system and very unlikely at this late stage of the game.

> >

> >

>

> That's not as difficult as you would describe since for each Racial/Gender model the outfits are already designed and modeled in the game from each outfit. That work is already done. They just need to make each part into individual pieces of player choice instead of all preset developers choice.

> Clipping comes with any gear piece. Ask Chars about this.. so that's not a good enough reason to not separate them. Because if the game art department went by that general rule, the Char race would not exist as a playable race.

No one here is talking about clipping, so we can leave that out.

And taking each of the 76 outfits and slicing them up then completely redoing the UI is not as simple as you might think. If it were that simple then ANet would have done it years ago.

No, the time to do something like this is at the start. Now, there’s no guarantee they’ll get the money back for the cost spent.

I think it would be better if outfits had an armour version cause theres a lot of advantages to them like turning off shoulders/gloves and individually colouring each part. It also allows you to mix match parts. The miscue benefit of being able to swap out without needing transmutation shards dont outweight the benefits.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Of course, then they would be Armor pieces, and not Outfits. It would kind of defeat the purpose/idea.

It wouldn't hurt ANet if they added the single pieces as wardrobe to the storage once you've purchased an outfit, so that people could chose whether they want to use the whole thing in one click (i.e., the outfit) or would prefer to further customize their appearance (i.e., armor skins).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> It wouldn't hurt ANet if they added the single pieces as wardrobe to the storage once you've purchased an outfit, so that people could chose whether they want to use the whole thing in one click (i.e., the outfit) or would prefer to further customize their appearance (i.e., armor skins).

I would like this so much, it would be enough for me to buy several from the store.