A Class With a Sh!t Tonne of Evades, Ports, and Stealth Should NOT Get a Passive Defense

CantoGuy.6459

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> Mesmer has two invulns

Technically sword 2 is an evade skill, not an invoulnerability skill. Only distortion count as an invounerable skill.

Also of course you can take mirage and chrono at the same time. And also use any weapon in the game, such as dualwielding thief shortbows for infinite ports and traiting defy pain to pop at 75%, 50% and 25% while having constant AED up. Mesmers arent constrained by such pathetic concepts as class limitations.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > Mesmer has two invulns

> Technically sword 2 is an evade skill, not an invoulnerability skill. Only distortion count as an invounerable skill.

you could trait in domination for that distortion on signet use trait then you can have 5 signets + f4 , so 6 invuln and with chrono using CS even more - i think i have never seen a 5 signet mesmer tho.. but yes sword 2 is an evade wich makes it interruptable by shockaura for example and therefor inferior to distortion.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > Yes you can damage targets you can't see. You can also track to a certain degree targets you can't see.

>

> Please explain how to track an invisible target.

Most longer channeled skills track enemies even as they go into stealth. Ranger LB 2, guardian GS 5, mesmer scepter 2 etc

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > Yes you can damage targets you can't see. You can also track to a certain degree targets you can't see.

> >

> > Please explain how to track an invisible target.

>

> Most longer channeled skills track enemies even as they go into stealth. Ranger LB 2, guardian GS 5, mesmer scepter 2 etc

I don't have any of those as a warrior. Ranged Aoe, sound cues, revealed, etc. all do nothing to help me deal with an invisible foe.

> I don't have any of those as a warrior. Ranged Aoe, sound cues, revealed, etc. all do nothing to help me deal with an invisible foe.

Time to reroll then :d i agree deadeye with its reveal-removal is annoying as fuck, but honestly, stealth is not that big of a deal.

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > Yes you can damage targets you can't see. You can also track to a certain degree targets you can't see.

> > >

> > > Please explain how to track an invisible target.

> >

> > Most longer channeled skills track enemies even as they go into stealth. Ranger LB 2, guardian GS 5, mesmer scepter 2 etc

>

> I don't have any of those as a warrior. Ranged Aoe, sound cues, revealed, etc. all do nothing to help me deal with an invisible foe.

as a deadeye a warrior is probably the least dangerous power damage opponent as it has mostly melee, highly telegraphed skills. even a power nekro is more dangerous to a deadeye as they got at least range damage with axe. but i dont encounter warriors that often solo anymore and in a group they are one of the last id focus so they got a bigger chance to hit me from a blind side, then its quickly over :3

but i dont think warrior has better chance against a more evasive opponent then a stealthy one, unless they mindlessly spamm evades.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > Mesmer has two invulns

> Technically sword 2 is an evade skill, not an invoulnerability skill. Only distortion count as an invounerable skill.

>

> Also of course you can take mirage and chrono at the same time. And also use any weapon in the game, such as dualwielding thief shortbows for infinite ports and traiting defy pain to pop at 75%, 50% and 25% while having constant AED up. Mesmers arent constrained by such pathetic concepts as class limitations.

LMAO

Also I'll edit my post, I did forget about shocking aura effecting sword2

Thieves purpose is scouting and picking off players that stray from the herd. It is literally useless in zergs and group play. It isn't even that good in duels. The class should have a strong upper-hand in solo play and yes that includes passives and stealth. Without them it is fodder in all game modes as opposed to the only one it does marginally well. We aren't even talking about dominant in solo fights just annoying.