DREAD.... What is this garb?

TheDevice.2751

> @"TheDevice.2751" said:

>

> First off, sigil of geomancer's bleed damage won't be increased by the bonus 20% damage. That bonus doesn't apply to condition damage.

>

> Again, I'm not sure what you're discussing. Are you just talking about how much damage you can get away with during a fear proc or are you talking about how many skills you can fire off for the 20% bonus?

>

> Aslo, if you're going into RS, how are you then popping your shouts? Are you double casting F1 then popping all of your shouts? Suffer is also one of your condi removals... why would you pop it just for a 20% damage boost?

>

> As far as I can see, you will get all those off in time but the damage you're gaining from the 20% isn't much.

>

Again... power coefficients. Sigil of geomancy and sigil of hydromancy do power damge too. It does have a 30% bonus (20%+10% from vuln) on their power damage then another 10% increase for the conditions afterwards.

The F1 SS which procs those two sigils have a 10 second CD. The shouts are instant cast. I press the shouts then F1. Or I double tap F1 and then hit my shouts. This should not be that hard to figure out >.<. I don't need to always press my shouts. Just corrupt stab then mini F1 burst on a 10 second CD can work too.

This is a curses/sr/reaper build but it's also viper, rune of reaper, GS. It doesn't play exactly like my build but can give a bit more insight into real builds "wasting" shouts for their burst.

You obviously don't just waste your shouts for no reason. Condi transfer is both defensive but also offensive. The power damage, the life steal, the chill, then more chill with rune of reaper to bleeds and then conditions you transfer back to enemies all add up. This isn't just about some pittance of power damage. It's the whole package that has no tell so it can't easily be dodged.

Dread buffs both the instant power burst and then continued condi burst with vuln. If you don't understand power coefficients or that sigil of geo does power damage, you have no basis to actually critique a trait like dread/try to compare it to chill of death. I'm not saying dread adds 10 million damage. It's just not that as bad as you think compared to chill of death if you use it properly in a hybrid build. It's also better than chill of death if you fight 2 or more people at once. If you cant be bothered to time bursts/time your corrupts, go with the passive trait that doesn't require thinking.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> Dread buffs both the instant power burst and then continued condi burst with vuln. If you don't understand power coefficients or that sigil of geo does power damage, you have no basis to actually critique a trait like dread/try to compare it to chill of death. I'm not saying dread adds 10 million damage. It's just not that as bad as you think compared to chill of death if you use it properly in a hybrid build. It's also better than chill of death if you fight 2 or more people at once. If you cant be bothered to time bursts/time your corrupts, go with the passive trait that doesn't require thinking.

*How much more damage are you getting?* That's an important question. So when you magically flip multiple peoples stab at the same time (I'm kinda in awe of you suggesting this) and blow your shouts, how much more damage are you doing? This is important. I mean we can see the damage coefficients right there, you've already shown them right? We can all work out already how much damage you're getting from that, even in your perfect scenario. It's not much of any. It's so low.

You can also elaborate - Tell me other abilities you can use in that time frame. Tell me other instant casts we have that will work with dread, how you're getting multiple fears from multiple stab flips at the same time and then throwing all these insta casts for huge gains.

And why did you put footage of holts using a build that doesn't include dread? For one, I've watched plenty of holts videos'. One thing he's mentioned himself is a lot of the fights include lowbies. There are plenty in that video as well. He was even fighting a core necro. Besides that, he popped his suffer (the only shout I really mentioned, not "all shouts") usually before he's going into shroud because most his recharges will happen while he's burning through his LF. That's not going to happen for you if you're double tapping F1.

The real question is if you know what damage coefficients are because I was so baffled after you showed them as if to prove some point that I had to ask you what your intentions were. Do you know how much actual more damage you're getting from that bonus 30%? Looking at it I can already tell it's not much but I'd like you to say it. Give us an example. Involve your build and involve some amount of armor, and give us the results of your perfect scenario "spike" of damage.

See, I don't think any of this is actually happening the way you are claiming its happening.

Anyways. I feel like I expressed myself enough on this topic. I don't need more perfect world scenarios to "prove" how viable this trait is. Your idea of "clever usage" is just another way of saying that this trait has extremely limited use in real play.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Because you are arguing with someone about their experience with playing the build. Think about that. You're telling someone that has obviously taken effort to play Fear builds that what they do doesn't work ... sounds wonderful.

Yet you're doing the same thing. I've actually used the trait. Have you? Yet you are arguing with me (one who's used it) about its usage.