I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

Martimus.6027

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

>

> That is not what I said or meant. At all.

>

> I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> >

> > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> >

> > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

>

> Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

Is it any good? I loved the concept of druid, but never ran it cause it just didnt do much damage with the build i was using..id love a decent hybrid build.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > >

> > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > >

> > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> >

> > Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

>

> Is it any good? I loved the concept of druid, but never ran it cause it just didnt do much damage with the build i was using..id love a decent hybrid build.

Last I checked (a few months ago) it’s very good at providing the boons/offensive boosts Druids bring and does some respectable damage numbers, it just is very lacking on the healing side, so another true healer WILL be needed, unless your group is like flawless at avoiding damage.

Here’s the build on snowcrows, so it’s definitely still a good build https://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > >

> > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > >

> > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > >

> > > Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

> >

> > Is it any good? I loved the concept of druid, but never ran it cause it just didnt do much damage with the build i was using..id love a decent hybrid build.

>

> Last I checked (a few months ago) it’s very good at providing the boons/offensive boosts Druids bring and does some respectable damage numbers, it just is very lacking on the healing side, so another true healer WILL be needed, unless your group is like flawless at avoiding damage.

>

> Here’s the build on snowcrows, so it’s definitely still a good build https://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/

Aw, you said vipers so i was expecting something else! Still that harrier build looks juicy!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > > >

> > > > Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

> > >

> > > Is it any good? I loved the concept of druid, but never ran it cause it just didnt do much damage with the build i was using..id love a decent hybrid build.

> >

> > Last I checked (a few months ago) it’s very good at providing the boons/offensive boosts Druids bring and does some respectable damage numbers, it just is very lacking on the healing side, so another true healer WILL be needed, unless your group is like flawless at avoiding damage.

> >

> > Here’s the build on snowcrows, so it’s definitely still a good build https://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/

>

> Aw, you said vipers so i was expecting something else! Still that harrier build looks juicy!

Oh no, it’s definitely in Vipers gear, idk if it linked straight to it, here it is on meta battle (I know for sure it goes to the build), it also gives a bit better rotation and utility explanation.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_DPS/Support_Condition

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

> > > >

> > > > Is it any good? I loved the concept of druid, but never ran it cause it just didnt do much damage with the build i was using..id love a decent hybrid build.

> > >

> > > Last I checked (a few months ago) it’s very good at providing the boons/offensive boosts Druids bring and does some respectable damage numbers, it just is very lacking on the healing side, so another true healer WILL be needed, unless your group is like flawless at avoiding damage.

> > >

> > > Here’s the build on snowcrows, so it’s definitely still a good build https://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/

> >

> > Aw, you said vipers so i was expecting something else! Still that harrier build looks juicy!

>

> Oh no, it’s definitely in Vipers gear, idk if it linked straight to it, here it is on meta battle (I know for sure it goes to the build), it also gives a bit better rotation and utility explanation.

>

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_DPS/Support_Condition

I derped sorry, im not used to snowcrows...the builds i use for raids and stuff are builds i was told to use during training runs, so i never really bothered with digging through that website!!

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> >

> > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> >

> > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

>

> Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

And at this point you are arguing just to argue and have the last word. *shrug*

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > >

> > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > >

> > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> >

> > Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

>

> And at this point you are arguing just to argue and have the last word. *shrug*

I guess that's one way to never admit to being wrong.

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > >

> > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > >

> > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > >

> > > Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

> >

> > And at this point you are arguing just to argue and have the last word. *shrug*

>

> I guess that's one way to never admit to being wrong.

It's my OPINION. I'm not on here to be 'right' like you are. It's not about right and wrong, i'm just voicing my OPINION.

How is that such a difficult concept for you?

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > > >

> > > > Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

> > >

> > > And at this point you are arguing just to argue and have the last word. *shrug*

> >

> > I guess that's one way to never admit to being wrong.

>

> It's my OPINION. I'm not on here to be 'right' like you are. It's not about right and wrong, i'm just voicing my OPINION.

>

> How is that such a difficult concept for you?

And yet you keep attacking people for disagreeing with you, yeah not going to buy it, sorry. All you're doing is constantly changing the goalposts. Honestly I'm not sure why I'm even bothering at this point, it's already abundantly clear that nothing gets through to you.

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > > > > @"thefantasticg.3984" said:

> > > > > > > All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is not what I said or meant. At all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

> > > >

> > > > And at this point you are arguing just to argue and have the last word. *shrug*

> > >

> > > I guess that's one way to never admit to being wrong.

> >

> > It's my OPINION. I'm not on here to be 'right' like you are. It's not about right and wrong, i'm just voicing my OPINION.

> >

> > How is that such a difficult concept for you?

>

> And yet you keep attacking people for disagreeing with you, yeah not going to buy it, sorry. All you're doing is constantly changing the goalposts. Honestly I'm not sure why I'm even bothering at this point, it's already abundantly clear that nothing gets through to you.

I haven't 'attacked' anyone. You call 'politely disagreeing' an attack?

Me: *says ANYthing*

You: You are wrong! You are closed minded for not dropping your opinion and adopting my opinion!

Me: I'm just stating my opinion and supporting my position.

You: OMG stop attacking people! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Me: Ok whatever.

You: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You're stubborn REEEEEEEE! *flails and screeches endlessly*

Do you hear yourself? There is no goalpost! This is a discussion, not a debate, with some trophy in mind!!!! ! This is just a discussion about how I think Druids should have the option to be DPS and not solely heals.

What do you mean "get through to me?" Is that your terminology for 'arguing someone down and making someone drop their stance and agree with you?' This isn't an argument or debate. Nobody has been attacked, except perhaps how you and others have directed towards me, for simply voicing my opinion. about druids. How dare I, right?

While I understand, and agree more options is never a bad thing, I don't believe Tyrian lore supports Druids being offensive magic users.

Mechanically, it would better as a separate e-spec, as that would allow access to offensive weapon skills. As of LS4E2, ANet has a NPC equivalent they can easily draw on in the form of the Olmakhan.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> While I understand, and agree more options is never a bad thing, I don't believe Tyrian lore supports Druids being offensive magic users.

>

> Mechanically, it would better as a separate e-spec, as that would allow access to offensive weapon skills. As of LS4E2, ANet has a NPC equivalent they can easily draw on in the form of the Olmakhan.

That's a great point and I am going to change my opinion and agree with you now. Maybe in the next expansion another Elite spec will come that makes a Ranger into a DPS caster class with scepter/focus or something. a "Warden" or something like that.

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > While I understand, and agree more options is never a bad thing, I don't believe Tyrian lore supports Druids being offensive magic users.

> >

> > Mechanically, it would better as a separate e-spec, as that would allow access to offensive weapon skills. As of LS4E2, ANet has a NPC equivalent they can easily draw on in the form of the Olmakhan.

>

> That's a great point and I am going to change my opinion and agree with you now. Maybe in the next expansion another Elite spec will come that makes a Ranger into a DPS caster class with scepter/focus or something. a "Warden" or something like that.

Suggestion: Spiritcaller

Uses a scepter and minion skills to summon elemental spirits for a short duration. The spirits deal good damage and have an effect on command/death.

However, how would it interact with the pet mechanic? Hmm...

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > While I understand, and agree more options is never a bad thing, I don't believe Tyrian lore supports Druids being offensive magic users.

> > >

> > > Mechanically, it would better as a separate e-spec, as that would allow access to offensive weapon skills. As of LS4E2, ANet has a NPC equivalent they can easily draw on in the form of the Olmakhan.

> >

> > That's a great point and I am going to change my opinion and agree with you now. Maybe in the next expansion another Elite spec will come that makes a Ranger into a DPS caster class with scepter/focus or something. a "Warden" or something like that.

>

> Suggestion: Spiritcaller

>

> Uses a scepter and minion skills to summon elemental spirits for a short duration. The spirits deal good damage and have an effect on command/death.

>

> However, how would it interact with the pet mechanic? Hmm...

If it’s inspired by the Olmakhan I’d say it’d either change the F4, or add an F5 that imbues your current pet with the elements and turns it into a complete powerhouse for a period of time, similar to how the Olmakhan Elders did in the golem fight.

I know I personally am keeping my fingers crossed that Druid Charr are a sign that we will get another druidy magic centric ranger espec in the next expansion!

• 1 month later...

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > Druids have always been more support and utility focused in RPGs, just because you can name some games that have offensive oriented Druids doesn’t mean that the class as a whole isn’t support or utility focused. Hell, in Diablo the Druid themself doesn’t even have too much offense in the magical department most of its offense is summoning and shapeshifting which in the GW universe means Soulbeast, same with WoW.

> > >

> > > The only part about Druid in GW2 Anet in my opinion dropped the ball on was by going full on into the astral aspect, where in my opinion they should’ve gone with a duality thing and kept the astral celestial bodies thin in Avatar state, and then made the normal form glyphs and staff skills almost entirely plant/elemental magic based.

> > >

> > > If you want a master of using the elements for death and destruction you can play elementalist and just dress them as s Druid and call yourself a Druid, might I recommend the Tribal armor set?

> > >

> > > Or, you could always wait for rangers to get another magical elite spec that uses a scepter and a bunch of offensive magic, which judging by the group we have found in the latest Living World Episode makes me think it’s very likely to happen.

> >

> > You are absolutely wrong.

> >

> > I've played as a Druid ever since the class was first introduced in DND over 30 years ago, back when it started out that you had to be a Bard first and progress to being a Druid, and even still then, it wasn't a "support" class.

> >

> > "Just because you can name SOME games that have offensive oriented Druids" - What?? The overwhelming majority of the games that even have Druid class in it are offensive oriented! Here I'll illustrate how silly that statement is: " Just because you named the vast majority of games with Druids in it and they are overwhelmingly offensive ranged damage dealers doesn't mean they aren't support somehow." *confused stare*

> >

> > The Druid in D2 has TWO skill trees that are both offensive. Elemental and Shapeshifting. Summoning tree only has a couple supportive abilities - the spirits. And only one of the abilities heals - the corpse vine. Support indeed....

> >

> > I'll turn the tables on you: "Just because you think a druid should only be seen as support doesn't make it so."

>

> Clearly you didn’t play the first DnD then, because you had to have levels in Druid to become a bard... not the other way around, and as is the case now Druids had a vast majority of their spells for utility and support and a handful of offensive spells.

>

> And if you looked at what I said about D2 I said offense in the MAGICAL department, their primary offenses were shapeshifting and summoning, and the summoning provided some health and damage buffs for you, allies, and all your summons too. It’s also a game about murdering everything you encounter, so if a class in that game wasn’t offensive, it’d be... very weird...

>

> I’m not saying Druids do not have the capability to be offensive oriented, or that they can’t be, in saying that they’re NORMALLY a utility/support caster. I mean hell you can be a damage Druid in GW2, you just won’t deal as much damage as a true damage dealer because you have an entire traitline focused on support.

>

> I’d suggest you just wait for ranger to get another elite spec that’s a true offensive caster (it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of time) or you do as I recommended and just roll an elementalist and pretend you’re a Druid.

>

> Also, after a quick look at EQ 1 and 2s website they’re sold as healers who buff, and also have a few offensive spells, not as a DPS as you implied earlier.

Regardless beyond just dnd in every mmorpg and rpg i have played offensive druids have been a thing some are hybrids but always have more offensive ability then healing or support, I guess if you count the cc with healing they are more support.