Fighting warriors

So, I have tried the 2 more common weaver builds while roaming, scepter/focus (I run air/water/weaver for more sustain), and the much more fun sword/dagger setup, recommended by cellofrag. I run a little less sustain for sword/dagger then the more common builds, grieving armor, marshal weapons, cele trinkets, exuberance runes. But no matter what, I feel like I need to play mistake free just to have a chance against warriors. Are they just our hard counter, and fighting them is a lost cause, or should I maybe change skills when I see I'm about to fight a warrior?

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> So, I have tried the 2 more common weaver builds while roaming, scepter/focus (I run air/water/weaver for more sustain), and the much more fun sword/dagger setup, recommended by cellofrag. I run a little less sustain for sword/dagger then the more common builds, grieving armor, marshal weapons, cele trinkets, exuberance runes. But no matter what, I feel like I need to play mistake free just to have a chance against warriors. Are they just our hard counter, and fighting them is a lost cause, or should I maybe change skills when I see I'm about to fight a warrior?

There is a way to fight warriors: when using dagger, make second element is air (or double attune), untarget whatever you have targeted, turn your back to war and press air 4th skill on dagger

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> I run a little less sustain for sword/dagger then the more common builds, grieving armor, marshal weapons, cele trinkets, exuberance runes. But no matter what, I feel like I need to play mistake free just to have a chance against warriors. Are they just our hard counter, and fighting them is a lost cause, or should I maybe change skills when I see I'm about to fight a warrior?

I wouldn't say that warriors hard counter elementalists. I suggest you try fighting warriors as core Fresh Air. Also, kiting them can help.

1. The best way to learn to 1v1 other classes and their mechanics is by duelling so:

- find friend warrior main (it would the best if he was around your rating or bit higher)

- find empty hot join map

- duel him frequently and ask for feedback

2. There is great site with good tips about dealing meta classes - https://www.godsofpvp.net/versus/warrior

3. Fresh weaver IS NOT 1v1 BUILD - you ,,supposed" to get to the fights to make them uneven to give number advantage for team and end them as fast as possible. Of course ,,supposed" cause when your team is bad, can't survive even good matchups you will be forced to 1v1 but generally is not good thing.

4. Personally I don't see reason to waste time on warriors - it's to much time consuming - I prefer to contest/bunker node (vs warriors is really easy for me) and prepare for his backup by not wasting important survival cooldowns.

I fought warriors as sword weaver and sword weavers as warrior and I think it's clear that warrior counters s/d weaver. There is not much you can do here. It's another story for s/f fresh air ele, you can quite easily kite warriors and win fights with this build.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > I run a little less sustain for sword/dagger then the more common builds, grieving armor, marshal weapons, cele trinkets, exuberance runes. But no matter what, I feel like I need to play mistake free just to have a chance against warriors. Are they just our hard counter, and fighting them is a lost cause, or should I maybe change skills when I see I'm about to fight a warrior?

>

> I wouldn't say that warriors hard counter elementalists. I suggest you try fighting warriors as core Fresh Air. Also, kiting them can help.

The only time I beat my buddy who is quite good at warrior, was on sc/f where I just kited him the entire fight while I whittled away at his HP, but the next fight he adjusted and was able to catch me fairly easily. And i'm assuming core fresh air so I can run arcane and water? But I feel like weaver brings more damage than arcane.

any type of bursty power classes counters sword bunker weaver, especially sustainy oned such as warrior and holo. It is on you to not make mistakes of getting cced/bursted, that's why weaver is bad in pvp. However, if you can evade their big attacks properly you have an edge in terms of sustained pressure.

FA weaver used to be good against these 2 melee oriented classes because they were ranged and had enough pressure on their one shot bursts to kill or force a retreat. Not anymore since the nerf.

> @"Bakeneko.5826" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > So, I have tried the 2 more common weaver builds while roaming, scepter/focus (I run air/water/weaver for more sustain), and the much more fun sword/dagger setup, recommended by cellofrag. I run a little less sustain for sword/dagger then the more common builds, grieving armor, marshal weapons, cele trinkets, exuberance runes. But no matter what, I feel like I need to play mistake free just to have a chance against warriors. Are they just our hard counter, and fighting them is a lost cause, or should I maybe change skills when I see I'm about to fight a warrior?

>

> There is a way to fight warriors: when using dagger, make second element is air (or double attune), untarget whatever you have targeted, turn your back to war and press air 4th skill on dagger

LoL This made me laugh. Didn't see it coming.

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> 1. The best way to learn to 1v1 other classes and their mechanics is by duelling so:

> - find friend warrior main (it would the best if he was around your rating or bit higher)

> - find empty hot join map

> - duel him frequently and ask for feedback

> 2. There is great site with good tips about dealing meta classes - https://www.godsofpvp.net/versus/warrior

> 3. Fresh weaver IS NOT 1v1 BUILD - you ,,supposed" to get to the fights to make them uneven to give number advantage for team and end them as fast as possible. Of course ,,supposed" cause when your team is bad, can't survive even good matchups you will be forced to 1v1 but generally is not good thing.

> 4. Personally I don't see reason to waste time on warriors - it's to much time consuming - I prefer to contest/bunker node (vs warriors is really easy for me) and prepare for his backup by not wasting important survival cooldowns.

I think he’s meaning WvW as he’s talking about different stats in a mix but yes the general advise of find someone to practise on helps.

@OP A warrior is mostly a threat when it CCs you because it can follow up with high damage skills and take off good chunks of your health and kill you before you can heal back up. If you are out of stances then back off and kite till you can get a stun break or lightning flash back up for in case you are CC’d. Try to keep protection up for when you go aggressive and stab so you won’t get CC’d.

As with all warriors make sure you dodge the burst skills to reduce its sustain and damage, try not to proc full counter and try not to leave AoE around for them to proc full counter on, so count to 10 and then stop using AoE abilities...which is maybe 1 or 2 on sw/d.

Oh and he will run away if it looks like he’s losing, you could chase but just leave and consider it a win from you.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > 1. The best way to learn to 1v1 other classes and their mechanics is by duelling so:

> > - find friend warrior main (it would the best if he was around your rating or bit higher)

> > - find empty hot join map

> > - duel him frequently and ask for feedback

> > 2. There is great site with good tips about dealing meta classes - https://www.godsofpvp.net/versus/warrior

> > 3. Fresh weaver IS NOT 1v1 BUILD - you ,,supposed" to get to the fights to make them uneven to give number advantage for team and end them as fast as possible. Of course ,,supposed" cause when your team is bad, can't survive even good matchups you will be forced to 1v1 but generally is not good thing.

> > 4. Personally I don't see reason to waste time on warriors - it's to much time consuming - I prefer to contest/bunker node (vs warriors is really easy for me) and prepare for his backup by not wasting important survival cooldowns.

>

> I think he’s meaning WvW as he’s talking about different stats in a mix but yes the general advise of find someone to practise on helps.

>

> @OP A warrior is mostly a threat when it CCs you because it can follow up with high damage skills and take off good chunks of your health and kill you before you can heal back up. If you are out of stances then back off and kite till you can get a stun break or lightning flash back up for in case you are CC’d. Try to keep protection up for when you go aggressive and stab so you won’t get CC’d.

>

> As with all warriors make sure you dodge the burst skills to reduce its sustain and damage, try not to proc full counter and try not to leave AoE around for them to proc full counter on, so count to 10 and then stop using AoE abilities...which is maybe 1 or 2 on sw/d.

>

> Oh and he will run away if it looks like he’s losing, you could chase but just leave and consider it a win from you.

Yea, I recently got better with dealing with the CC from warriors. I used to burn my stun breaks too fast, and I would get destroyed by bulls charge + hundred blades

On my S/D Weaver Mender build, I'm unable to kill a good spellbreaker.

In can kill only bad one. So I never try to attack a Spellbreaker on his own node in PvP, I only do it to defend my node or to keep it neutral.

A spellbreaker should not kill you in 1v1, just be careful to dodge/evade his dagger attack & to dont activate full counter. You can activate it from range with your dual skill Water/Air or Water/Earth.

For Rampage you still can dodge it.

Most important is to not waste your Twist of Fate/Stunbreak, keep it for when you are CC/going to take a burst.

Cellofrag

I rarely die from SB, but I rarely kill SB too, those are long and painful fights.

I try sw/d full power/zerk weaver, grieving weaver, sinister/viper weaver; I have to roll face the dodges, the water/earth, fire/earth affinities, etc to survive and chain 10 skills to make ~20k damage, all they have to do is to press F1-F2 at the right spot to cancel all your burst and remove half your life, while they recover half theirs.

(Good) Holo and warrior/SB have so much sustain, stab, cc, and self boons stacking that you can't kill them fast enought with "middling dmg" in chain from sw/d when they're on CD's, while them they can burst easily if you make a single mistake. Fresh air is more effective to counter them.

The reality is that a spellbreaker probably won’t die to a weaver, certainly whenever I play spellbreaker I find fighting weavers and mesmers incredibly easy because I play both weaver and Mesmer a lot so I know the skills and I know what screws them over either by interrupting, blocking or dodging. Additionally having fought on the other side (weaver vs spellbreaker) I know what to wait for to get burst skills in and to get full counter.

At the end of the day as I said before a good warrior will just leave, it’ll be a stalemate or worse still someone else will add in which makes it a harder fight for you regardless as an ally is likely to proc full counter or give free hits for adrenal healing and an enemy adding in means you’re not likely to escape without Z axis teleports.