May Get Back Into Game

Hey everyone. Old timer here who's played GW2 since the beta. I stopped back when ANet had their whole... "E-Sport" phase, when PvE was neglected, Ranked PvP became /the/ thing with legendaries to win to boot, and the whole of the sPvP environment spun into gross toxicity. Lately however, I've been getting the itch to play again. Just wanted to know though:

-How is ANet these days? Did they finally shift focus to actually improve upon the game more? Is the whole E-Sport phase dead by this point?

-How is PvP overall?

-And... how is my old buddy Revenant doing? Mained him for a while but it seems that lately, he's been treated poorly. Not sure if its just a vocal minority on the forums, or if Revenant is actually in a bad place (gauging from a disturbing poll I saw recently on here).

ANet are doing pretty fine. If you're not grumpy that sometimes their living story releases are a bit slower (every 3 months) there's not too much to complain about honestly. E-Sports is entirely dead for this game, literally. THere have been community tournaments however and they are pretty good & healthy.

Personally I would say PvP is alright right now. There were a few outliers for the longest time (mesmer) but that just got nerfed last patch. Not sure about the rest, I don't play it too actively.

Rev is doing poorly. It's probably the weakest class in general. Not unplayable, but not a recommended pick currently in the slightest.

> @"TheTimelessShadow.2958" said:

> Hey everyone. Old timer here who's played GW2 since the beta. I stopped back when ANet had their whole... "E-Sport" phase, when PvE was neglected, Ranked PvP became /the/ thing with legendaries to win to boot, and the whole of the sPvP environment spun into gross toxicity. Lately however, I've been getting the itch to play again. Just wanted to know though:

> -How is ANet these days? Did they finally shift focus to actually improve upon the game more? Is the whole E-Sport phase dead by this point?

> -How is PvP overall?

> -And... how is my old buddy Revenant doing? Mained him for a while but it seems that lately, he's been treated poorly. Not sure if its just a vocal minority on the forums, or if Revenant is actually in a bad place (gauging from a disturbing poll I saw recently on here).

PvP just went into a downward spiral after you left. They removed teams from PvP, the game got booted from ESL, and it's so badly populated you'll be lucky to land in a match with 2 teams with all players of the same rank.

PvE on the other hand has become the dominant aspect of the game, and the quality of it has been pretty good. The living story episodes now each bring with them a whole new map with new achievements, masteries and items (including a new legendary).

Raids are also a thing now too.

Revenant isn't great, no... But it's better than it was, probably, when you left. Condi Malix is pretty strong and synergizes with the new elite quite well, although the new weapon (shortbow) isn't that great (it looks good, but isn't great).

Herald has seen some high points as well, but suffered a bit with a couple of nerfs to Herald and Mesmer that were caused by weird WvW interactions, and removed revenant from the Raid meta (Herald's ability to increase boon duration was reduced from 50% extra duration to 33%, this was coupled with Signet of Inspiration giving a single instance of the boons on the mesmer, instead of copying the whole stacks, which led to the Herald+Chrono comp being replaced with a mirror comp of 1 Chrono per party in the raid, pretty much removing Herald from the meta).

> @"TheTimelessShadow.2958" said:

> Pretty disheartening to hear how Rev is doing... But it seems like the game is somewhat on its feet a little. Might present an opportunity to start a new character and experience the game again.

>

> Thank you guys.

Rev was always an incomplete class, it was rushed along with HoT.

Just a week or so ago did it get it's second underwater weapon (for ~3 years it was the only class with weapon swap and a single underwater weapon).

Good news is the Trident (new underwater weapon) has a pretty cool mechanic to it (it's effects change with the Legend equipped), although it's not a much stronger alternative to spear (or at all stronger), the new mechanic presents a possibility for a future rework of all wepon skills that might change revenant in a very nice direction.