6v6 Heroes Ascent and Heroes in GvG/HA

Hey folks! As most people know, PvP consists of a lot hench teams and very few full 8 man groups. My questions, as the title says, are:

1) is it possible to revert HA to the days of 6v6 to increase the number of teams that can be created with the active players?

2) is it possible to allow players to once again bring heroes into one or both competitive modes to increase build variety and the amount of teams that could play?

I’m looking for a way to increase the activity in these modes while also adding a little variety and customization over the normal henchway runs.

It would be fun to be able to implement your theory crafted builds again even without a full party. And as the time of high end HA/GvG is long gone, i see this as only a plus to the remaining community.

Thanks for your time!

• ArenaNet Staff

I was pretty heavily involved in the decision to go back to 8v8 and was deeply involved in the HA community both as a player and a dev. The move to 6v6 was not a popular one for a variety of reasons. Ultimately, why we changed it back came down to game balance. The game was fundamentally balanced for 4 or 8 players, and 6 was creating some weird probably with builds. I think that argument is likely still a valid one, but I understand the desire to get this game type active again. I am willing to have a conversation with Izzy about it (he and I worked on 6v6 together back in the day), but I am not convinced this would be a healthy way to rebuild the game type.

> @"LinseyMurdock.4165" said:

> I was pretty heavily involved in the decision to go back to 8v8 and was deeply involved in the HA community both as a player and a dev. The move to 6v6 was not a popular one for a variety of reasons. Ultimately, why we changed it back came down to game balance. The game was fundamentally balanced for 4 or 8 players, and 6 was creating some weird probably with builds. I think that argument is likely still a valid one, but I understand the desire to get this game type active again. I am willing to have a conversation with Izzy about it (he and I worked on 6v6 together back in the day), but I am not convinced this would be a healthy way to rebuild the game type.

Thanks for the reply Linsey! I fully understand your logic and reasoning behind reverting back to 8v8. I think most of the player base was unhappy with 6v6 as it was then. I am thinking merely in terms of increasing the number of actual teams playing the game at a time.

To my second question, is there any way you would consider adding heroes back to parties? Again I am sure this is a balance issue but really at this point people would like to play and have fun. Competitive play is long gone and heroes would at least add some variety AND options to work with the Monthly Flux.