urdriel.8496

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

> >

> > 950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

> > In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

> > Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

> >

> > EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

>

> Thanks for the math.

> I'll go try it out soon.

>

> Do have some questions.

> Why the -pet swap- into the merge? To get Fury for remorseless? The first shot is remorseless already.

>

> The build you posted-- 2 longbows and no Fresh Reinforcement Trait?

>

> How are you getting 25 stacks of might?

> Rather a better question would be, How are you getting 25 stacks of might before the target isn't dead?

> Warhorn 5, heal and merge is the easiest and most realistic way to get 25 might.

Pet swap into merge for fury from remorseless and to make next shot unblockable. Also for +5% modifier from Opening Strike.

Yeah, 2 Longbows is just the setup I choose. I don't say it's optimal. Just needed a weapon with bloodlust sigil and a second longbow made the most sense to me.

It's a fight infront of a keep. Anyone could have stacked might for you this high. I would have to do the math again, looking how much might you really need for this numbers as I forgot 2 multipliers. But the point stands, crits in this range are achievable.

> @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

> > >

> > > 950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

> > > In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

> > > Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

> > >

> > > EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

> >

> > Thanks for the math.

> > I'll go try it out soon.

> >

> > Do have some questions.

> > Why the -pet swap- into the merge? To get Fury for remorseless? The first shot is remorseless already.

> >

> > The build you posted-- 2 longbows and no Fresh Reinforcement Trait?

> >

> > How are you getting 25 stacks of might?

> > Rather a better question would be, How are you getting 25 stacks of might before the target isn't dead?

> > Warhorn 5, heal and merge is the easiest and most realistic way to get 25 might.

>

> Pet swap into merge for fury from remorseless and to make next shot unblockable. Also for +5% modifier from Opening Strike.

>

> Yeah, 2 Longbows is just the setup I choose. I don't say it's optimal. Just needed a weapon with bloodlust sigil and a second longbow made the most sense to me.

>

> It's a fight infront of a keep. Anyone could have stacked might for you this high. I would have to do the math again, looking how much might you really need for this numbers as I forgot 2 multipliers. But the point stands, crits in this range are achievable.

But am I wrong? I see why unblockable is useful in a real fight but in terms of testing, the pet swap is unneeded. Every time you get fury you will get opening strike/Remorseless. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I didn't understand.

Did you watch gladomer vid? He keeps getting Opening Strike/Remorseless and there is a Rev running behind him---and Revs can have pulsing fury.

What do you think?

> @"glad.4589" said:

> yea if u guys did not see the build yet im using this

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNBMhN6kSFokFsiFwVQgrFskHY5t36b/dJAUAaAPhg01UrkvlG-jFSBABAcEAua/R5HeaBoU9HzUCmvugFeAAPcKACAcA43f/93f/NSBExEM-w

>

> also a side note if u see any 1 complaining about 1 shot mauls it was me too https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueCleverFishLitFam

Thanks Gladomer

Was about to pester you in game!

> @"glad.4589" said:

> yea if u guys did not see the build yet im using this

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNBMhN6kSFokFsiFwVQgrFskHY5t36b/dJAUAaAPhg01UrkvlG-jFSBABAcEAua/R5HeaBoU9HzUCmvugFeAAPcKACAcA43f/93f/NSBExEM-w

>

> also a side note if u see any 1 complaining about 1 shot mauls it was me too https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueCleverFishLitFam

Can you answer one thing?

How did you keep getting Remorseless Procs in that vid? I saw a Revenant...was that how?

--Good stuff.

I made a full set of ascended zerk gear just to try it out and see what was possible.

In game experiment was fun, for sure.

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

> > > >

> > > > 950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

> > > > In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

> > > > Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the math.

> > > I'll go try it out soon.

> > >

> > > Do have some questions.

> > > Why the -pet swap- into the merge? To get Fury for remorseless? The first shot is remorseless already.

> > >

> > > The build you posted-- 2 longbows and no Fresh Reinforcement Trait?

> > >

> > > How are you getting 25 stacks of might?

> > > Rather a better question would be, How are you getting 25 stacks of might before the target isn't dead?

> > > Warhorn 5, heal and merge is the easiest and most realistic way to get 25 might.

> >

> > Pet swap into merge for fury from remorseless and to make next shot unblockable. Also for +5% modifier from Opening Strike.

> >

> > Yeah, 2 Longbows is just the setup I choose. I don't say it's optimal. Just needed a weapon with bloodlust sigil and a second longbow made the most sense to me.

> >

> > It's a fight infront of a keep. Anyone could have stacked might for you this high. I would have to do the math again, looking how much might you really need for this numbers as I forgot 2 multipliers. But the point stands, crits in this range are achievable.

>

> But am I wrong? I see why unblockable is useful in a real fight but in terms of testing, the pet swap is unneeded. Every time you get fury you will get opening strike/Remorseless. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I didn't understand.

>

> Did you watch gladomer vid? He keeps getting Opening Strike/Remorseless and there is a Rev running behind him---and Revs can have pulsing fury.

> What do you think?

The pet swap was just to get the 5% multiplier from opening strike and than get remorseless on the next attack, the one which gets the 15k crit, so it can profit from the 5% prior. Nothing more. Unblockable is just a bonus and makes it more useful in a real fight.

[Facet of Darkness](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Facet_of_Darkness "Facet of Darkness") applies Fury only every 3 sec. You would need 3 rev each delaying the cast by 1 sec to get fury every sec (AA speed is roughly 1 sec) **and** sync this with your autos to not waste a fury application. Just using 3 standard hammer revs spamming 2 on hammer would be way easier at this point. But yes, it could work.

lol looks like you were useing zerker set in wvw and was fighting someone like a ele and got realy good damage but also looks like you had might on you. i can do that damage from far away. the sad thing is we do not see a vid to tell if he was buffed or not if not buffed then no that damage is bs. hope you all enjoyed.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> I have never reached those numbers on a single long range shot on my full zerk soulbeast. On rare occasion if the planets and stars align I'll hit a thief for 9k -- and that was before the might rotation nerf. There would have to be some pretty extreme scenarios in play for those kinds of numbers to even be possible. Don't expect that to happen to you on a regular basis.

>

> ~ Kovu

>

> edit- Also, if you were popping in and out of combat those attacks must've happened in a timeframe well over the 10 second duration of sic 'em. Without the extra burst potential of sic' em I doubt those numbers are attained normally at all. Something is definitely amiss.

Few things to take in consideration was this person booned up? Did he have a tower or such too boost stats was OP in a downed state and had 25 stacks of vuln? Was there a major bloodlust involved too? Ad that with a pve build it's seams possible, in a roaming or small scale deff not

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > I have never reached those numbers on a single long range shot on my full zerk soulbeast. On rare occasion if the planets and stars align I'll hit a thief for 9k -- and that was before the might rotation nerf. There would have to be some pretty extreme scenarios in play for those kinds of numbers to even be possible. Don't expect that to happen to you on a regular basis.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

> >

> > edit- Also, if you were popping in and out of combat those attacks must've happened in a timeframe well over the 10 second duration of sic 'em. Without the extra burst potential of sic' em I doubt those numbers are attained normally at all. Something is definitely amiss.

>

> Few things to take in consideration was this person booned up? Did he have a tower or such too boost stats was OP in a downed state and had 25 stacks of vuln? Was there a major bloodlust involved too? Ad that with a pve build it's seams possible, in a roaming or small scale deff not

>

>

>

That is why I said if the planets and stars align.

Don't expect to actually run _into_ those situations, or be able to reliably set them up. There was (obviously) some extreme scenario in play.

~ Kovu

> > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

> > > > >

> > > > > 950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

> > > > > In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

> > > > > Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

> > > > >

> > > > > EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the math.

> > > > I'll go try it out soon.

> > > >

> > > > Do have some questions.

> > > > Why the -pet swap- into the merge? To get Fury for remorseless? The first shot is remorseless already.

> > > >

> > > > The build you posted-- 2 longbows and no Fresh Reinforcement Trait?

> > > >

> > > > How are you getting 25 stacks of might?

> > > > Rather a better question would be, How are you getting 25 stacks of might before the target isn't dead?

> > > > Warhorn 5, heal and merge is the easiest and most realistic way to get 25 might.

> > >

> > > Pet swap into merge for fury from remorseless and to make next shot unblockable. Also for +5% modifier from Opening Strike.

> > >

> > > Yeah, 2 Longbows is just the setup I choose. I don't say it's optimal. Just needed a weapon with bloodlust sigil and a second longbow made the most sense to me.

> > >

> > > It's a fight infront of a keep. Anyone could have stacked might for you this high. I would have to do the math again, looking how much might you really need for this numbers as I forgot 2 multipliers. But the point stands, crits in this range are achievable.

> >

> > But am I wrong? I see why unblockable is useful in a real fight but in terms of testing, the pet swap is unneeded. Every time you get fury you will get opening strike/Remorseless. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I didn't understand.

> >

> > Did you watch gladomer vid? He keeps getting Opening Strike/Remorseless and there is a Rev running behind him---and Revs can have pulsing fury.

> > What do you think?

>

> The pet swap was just to get the 5% multiplier from opening strike and than get remorseless on the next attack, the one which gets the 15k crit, so it can profit from the 5% prior. Nothing more. Unblockable is just a bonus and makes it more useful in a real fight.

>

> [Facet of Darkness](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Facet_of_Darkness "Facet of Darkness") applies Fury only every 3 sec. You would need 3 rev each delaying the cast by 1 sec to get fury every sec (AA speed is roughly 1 sec) **and** sync this with your autos to not waste a fury application. Just using 3 standard hammer revs spamming 2 on hammer would be way easier at this point. But yes, it could work.

I apologize if I am missing something, but let me repeat this as I understand and correct me if I am wrong

-Opening Strike is going to be Remorseless. It says so in the description of the talent. That happen on the first Shot of Longbow 1. (no pet swap needed)

and anytime after if I get fury for any reason, my next attack is remorseless.

@"Eleazar.9478" gladomer put up theeee actual clip, his build, food, all of it.

Looks like the Druid was a soft no toughness target

And Gladomer was buffed to the gills, on a tower etc etc.

And just so happened to have a nutty Revenant running behind him give him a bit of fury.

Rev wasn't even on coms...just happened lol...

> I apologize if I am missing something, but let me repeat this as I understand and correct me if I am wrong

>

> -Opening Strike is going to be Remorseless. It says so in the description of the talent. That happen on the first Shot of Longbow 1. (no pet swap needed)

>

> and anytime after if I get fury for any reason, my next attack is remorseless.

Yes, you miss my point. I know that the first hit is remorseless. But that's not the point. The first hit with remorseless applies 5 stacks of vuln. The 5 stacks of vuln just act as an additional multiplier, so the petswap applies fury to make the next hit remorseless as well and apply an even higher crit. As seen in screenshot, 11k -> 14k. The 5% are not the only factor, but play a role for the follow up crit being higher. Damage variation (per default the weapon) with such high multipliers can also cause such huge differences. Was just an additional factor.

Well, the discussion is over for me here. I have proven the point of crits this high and further discussion just seems to be nitpicking (no offense, but it does not contribute to the topic of the thread).

>

> > I apologize if I am missing something, but let me repeat this as I understand and correct me if I am wrong

> >

> > -Opening Strike is going to be Remorseless. It says so in the description of the talent. That happen on the first Shot of Longbow 1. (no pet swap needed)

> >

> > and anytime after if I get fury for any reason, my next attack is remorseless.

>

> Yes, you miss my point. I know that the first hit is remorseless. But that's not the point. The first hit with remorseless applies 5 stacks of vuln. The 5 stacks of vuln just act as an additional multiplier, so the petswap applies fury to make the next hit remorseless as well and apply an even higher crit. As seen in screenshot, 11k -> 14k. The 5% are not the only factor, but play a role for the follow up crit being higher. Damage variation (per default the weapon) with such high multipliers can also cause such huge differences. Was just an additional factor.

> Well, the discussion is over for me here. I have proven the point of crits this high and further discussion just seems to be nitpicking (no offense, but it does not contribute to the topic of the thread).

Sorry if you thought I was nitpicking. I just wanted to understand, I mean it.

And I get it now. There are mechanics in game that can be odd or not work the way the tool tip states-- I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here and I was missing something.

And it's not that I ever didn't believe you.

A video of it happening means more to me.

Besides, I spent the Gold, I made a set of ascended gear and I did the testing myself.

Not because I don't trust your math.

_I don't trust the coding of this game to be flawlessly consistent._

And yeah I'm done too. It was a fun distraction.

Guys the damage is coming from ferocity: a 300%.

the core damage aparently is around 5K you can see it in the screenshot.

If you can reach ~290% ferocity and core 5K AA you should be able to deal that damage. That assaulter if not hacking to change the stats needed the help of many unique buffs.

My educated guess would be something like this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAjGVsgtCil9AbpJEASAPxhm3TLf9OfzvjIN-j1RBABl/AAKa/BzUCinOAAuAAXp8jS1fCAcAc+5BgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepAGbrF-w

Plus a fury pulsing + extra ferocity from some close by reventant

Edit:

actually i did the math: that build (with scholar runes) and is perfectly possible to hit that high

(25 might 25 stacks sigil of ferocity)

347 + 3456 (3803* 0.9) / 1500(armor) = 2281 (base damage)

1.05(minor) * 1.07(minor) * 1.25(remorseless) * 1.25(sickem) * 1.1(far sight) * 1.1(Oppesive sup) * 1.1(minor BM) * 1.1 (scholar)= 5864 (buffed damage)

* 2.7 (base ferocity + reventant buff ) = 15.832

• 3 weeks later...

I think people have covered most of the variations that come into play. There are videos linked of actual gameplay, and now some decent math above - and even that doesn't take into account all the external factors that COULD have been in play for the OP. I've not seen anyone yet mention the possibility that there was a nearby warrior for EA and Banners, or a nearby druid with GoE and Frost Spirit. (Though I admit I skimmed, I only saw Frost Spirit mentioned and not in the same context.)

It comes down to:

1. Proper sniper build, focused on power/ferocity, including power through infusions, food, stacking sigils, etc. Most of this has been scattered throughout the thread.

2. Proper execution sequence to optimize might, fury, and vulnerability, opening strike/remorseless, using sic'em, etc.

3. External buffs / factors in favor of the attacker.

4. External debuffs / factors to the detriment of the attacked player.

Realistically, #1 and #2 are pretty much all that's needed to get insane crits - then you add in all the other variables, most of which have been mentioned here already.

Regarding #3, anyone who is going to make a glass sniper cannot be assumed not to have recruited friends for the entertainment value. Warrior+Druid+Revenant support trio or some combination of those could make a big difference, especially when you consider all the % dmg modifiers in play with these builds.

E.g. Might stacks, Assassin's Presence, Empower Allies, Banners, Guild objective buffs, GoE, Frost Spirit, etc.

Regarding #4, we have to consider that people don't always see what's on them, and the OP was admittedly in a different fight so vulnerability from another source in WvW isn't unlikely. I think we can rule out up-level and broken armor, but could be exotic with it's lower defense rating paired with full glass (1000 base toughness only).

TLDR: No hack. Just extreme edge-cases.