LongBow AA hack or legit?

urdriel.8496

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I'm a guildmate helping Urdriel with the tests using my Soulbeast. So far I've managed to hit the ~9,3k crit mark (3,3k normal hit) on him with the following:

- MM 2,2,2 BM 2,2,2 SB 1,2,3

- 3596 Power, 1513 Ferocity (250% Crit Dmg). - (Signet of the Wild Included)

Self Buffs: 25 Might, Fury, 21 Stacks of Vulnerability on the target

Active modifiers: Sigil of Force, Remorseless (Opening Strike), Twice as Vicious, Sic'Em, Loud Whistle, Furious Strength, Oppresive Superiority, Far sighted

IMHO:

This setup is still unrealistic because Twice as Vicious can't be active for so many hits, and it is difficult to keep up procc'ing Remorseless for this number of different attacks (you could have a herald buffing you with Fury but it takes some time between procs)

If anybody has any additional ideas let me know. Off the top of my head, right now I know I'm missing full runes of the scholar (100 power, 10% damage), Sigil of the Night (5% extra) and 25 stacks of bloodlust. Can't have Vicious Quarry because would lose the modifiers from either BM or MM.

> @"ZeroXell.5172" said:

> Hi there,

>

> I'm a guildmate helping Urdriel with the tests using my Soulbeast. So far I've managed to hit the ~9,3k crit mark (3,3k normal hit) on him with the following:

>

> - MM 2,2,2 BM 2,2,2 SB 1,2,3

> - 3596 Power, 1513 Ferocity (250% Crit Dmg). - (Signet of the Wild Included)

> Self Buffs: 25 Might, Fury, 21 Stacks of Vulnerability on the target

>

> Active modifiers: Sigil of Force, Remorseless (Opening Strike), Twice as Vicious, Sic'Em, Loud Whistle, Furious Strength, Oppresive Superiority, Far sighted

>

> IMHO:

> This setup is still unrealistic because Twice as Vicious can't be active for so many hits, and it is difficult to keep up procc'ing Remorseless for this number of different attacks (you could have a herald buffing you with Fury but it takes some time between procs)

>

> If anybody has any additional ideas let me know. Off the top of my head, right now I know I'm missing full runes of the scholar (100 power, 10% damage), Sigil of the Night (5% extra) and 25 stacks of bloodlust. Can't have Vicious Quarry because would lose the modifiers from either BM or MM.

Food plus Utility will give another boosts (rough estimate 3k dmg?) Will need more details from the fight Urdriel had. Was it a duel, group, or zerg fight (what classes are the teammates if there was)? What was the the speed of your opponent's projectile fast or slow? Any signet proc'd? Urdiel got downed & when? Downed state have amor penalty & won't be mentioned in combat log. A full zerk have 17k+ hp at best (while log showed Urdiel took way more than that).

> @"coro.3176" said:

> This is perplexing.

>

> On one hand, it is definitely possible to crit for 7-8k on long range shot .. possibly even more if certain modifiers are in place. I see it pretty often in WvW. You can also get 40k+ quickness-unblockable rapid fires from near 2k range. It's pretty insane.

>

> On the other hand, both players pretty much need to be full glass for this to happen. The opposing player would have to dedicate everything in their build to achieving this cheese, and you would have to be full glass yourself, or at least have no toughness.

>

> ~~.. which is why it's confusing that you are critting them for ~3k on Long Range Shot. Either you are not as glassy as you need to be to be taking that much damage, or they are tankier than they should be to be doing that much damage to you..~~

>

> Edit: oh, never mind. I see you are attacking a different player than the one pew pew-ing you.

>

> In any case, that's pretty ridiculous. No one should be able to 1-shot people with a single autoattack.

Well. I think it can be possible with 25 might and enemy being full zerker.

I get up to 270% critdmg. So if I now would get 25 might...

Rapid fire can even oneshot tankguards if they don't use invuln. And even longbow 5 will do 6k hits while not having that much might. But for this you have to be full zerker as well and you will also die pretty fast.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > LB sniper with the proper set up and food can pretty easily achieve 15k+ auto attacks at max range without pre-loading might on squishy targets.

>

> Could you show me a real SoulBeast build able to hit for 15k AA, pls?

A few people have commented what you’d need build wise to accomplish this already in this very thread.

I have never reached those numbers on a single long range shot on my full zerk soulbeast. On rare occasion if the planets and stars align I'll hit a thief for 9k -- and that was before the might rotation nerf. There would have to be some pretty extreme scenarios in play for those kinds of numbers to even be possible. Don't expect that to happen to you on a regular basis.

~ Kovu

edit- Also, if you were popping in and out of combat those attacks must've happened in a timeframe well over the 10 second duration of sic 'em. Without the extra burst potential of sic' em I doubt those numbers are attained normally at all. Something is definitely amiss.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > > LB sniper with the proper set up and food can pretty easily achieve 15k+ auto attacks at max range without pre-loading might on squishy targets.

> >

> > Could you show me a real SoulBeast build able to hit for 15k AA, pls?

>

> A few people have commented what you’d need build wise to accomplish this already in this very thread.

>

Could you be so kind to link me the build so i could try it with a friend?, we will post screenshots of the test here.

We tried all ideas and tips people have posted here, but the best was this one:

> @"ZeroXell.5172" said:

> Hi there,

>

> I'm a guildmate helping Urdriel with the tests using my Soulbeast. So far I've managed to hit the ~9,3k crit mark (3,3k normal hit) on him with the following:

> >

> - MM 2,2,2 BM 2,2,2 SB 1,2,3

> - 3596 Power, 1513 Ferocity (250% Crit Dmg). - (Signet of the Wild Included)

> Self Buffs: 25 Might, Fury, 21 Stacks of Vulnerability on the target

>

> Active modifiers: Sigil of Force, Remorseless (Opening Strike), Twice as Vicious, Sic'Em, Loud Whistle, Furious Strength, Oppresive Superiority, Far sighted

>

> IMHO:

> This setup is still unrealistic because Twice as Vicious can't be active for so many hits, and it is difficult to keep up procc'ing Remorseless for this number of different attacks (you could have a herald buffing you with Fury but it takes some time between procs)

>

> If anybody has any additional ideas let me know. Off the top of my head, right now I know I'm missing full runes of the scholar (100 power, 10% damage), Sigil of the Night (5% extra) and 25 stacks of bloodlust. Can't have Vicious Quarry because would lose the modifiers from either BM or MM.

>

> Food plus Utility will give another boosts (rough estimate 3k dmg?) Will need more details from the fight Urdriel had. Was it a duel, group, or zerg fight (what classes are the teammates if there was)? What was the the speed of your opponent's projectile fast or slow? Any signet proc'd? Urdiel got downed & when? Downed state have amor penalty & won't be mentioned in combat log. A full zerk have 17k+ hp at best (while log showed Urdiel took way more than that).

> @"intox.6347" said:

> So you ate 60k dmg without healing or whatever ? :)

If you carefully look at the log, you can see that he take a 12k hit, try and heal himself for 5k and 3k then got nailed again by a 14k which most likely downed him and left him no other chance than to be finished lazily.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > > > LB sniper with the proper set up and food can pretty easily achieve 15k+ auto attacks at max range without pre-loading might on squishy targets.

> > >

> > > Could you show me a real SoulBeast build able to hit for 15k AA, pls?

> >

> > A few people have commented what you’d need build wise to accomplish this already in this very thread.

> >

>

> Could you be so kind to link me the build so i could try it with a friend?, we will post screenshots of the test here.

>

> We tried all ideas and tips people have posted here, but the best was this one:

>

> > @"ZeroXell.5172" said:

> > Hi there,

> >

> > I'm a guildmate helping Urdriel with the tests using my Soulbeast. So far I've managed to hit the ~9,3k crit mark (3,3k normal hit) on him with the following:

> > >

> > - MM 2,2,2 BM 2,2,2 SB 1,2,3

> > - 3596 Power, 1513 Ferocity (250% Crit Dmg). - (Signet of the Wild Included)

> > Self Buffs: 25 Might, Fury, 21 Stacks of Vulnerability on the target

> >

> > Active modifiers: Sigil of Force, Remorseless (Opening Strike), Twice as Vicious, Sic'Em, Loud Whistle, Furious Strength, Oppresive Superiority, Far sighted

> >

> > IMHO:

> > This setup is still unrealistic because Twice as Vicious can't be active for so many hits, and it is difficult to keep up procc'ing Remorseless for this number of different attacks (you could have a herald buffing you with Fury but it takes some time between procs)

> >

> > If anybody has any additional ideas let me know. Off the top of my head, right now I know I'm missing full runes of the scholar (100 power, 10% damage), Sigil of the Night (5% extra) and 25 stacks of bloodlust. Can't have Vicious Quarry because would lose the modifiers from either BM or MM.

> >

> > Food plus Utility will give another boosts (rough estimate 3k dmg?) Will need more details from the fight Urdriel had. Was it a duel, group, or zerg fight (what classes are the teammates if there was)? What was the the speed of your opponent's projectile fast or slow? Any signet proc'd? Urdiel got downed & when? Downed state have amor penalty & won't be mentioned in combat log. A full zerk have 17k+ hp at best (while log showed Urdiel took way more than that).

>

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATxGtCCWsAs8il8ALP+Of7vLBgCQD4JEsEmaTYH-jlRBAB5dJAua/R5nZKBB4JAQp6P4prJAwBw5nn5nH48zP/8zPvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKA9UGB-w

This is the variation that uses Beast Mastery, which as a soul beast should produce higher damage numbers than the skirmishing one, there's obviously room to change every trait in the beastmastery one tbh, however it wont be as easy for you to gain fury on your own.

Here is the Skirmishing variation which the damage should be comparable, although it might end up being a little less since all the minors in BM make Soulbeast really strong in beast mode.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATxGtCCWsAs8il8AjZDUwCeLBgCQDIP+Of7vTYH-jlRBABUq+DAPBA801k3lAwMlgXt/o8LAwBw5nn5nH48zP/8zPvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKA9UGB-w

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > So you ate 60k dmg without healing or whatever ? :)

>

> If you carefully look at the log, you can see that he take a 12k hit, try and heal himself for 5k and 3k then got nailed again by a 14k which most likely downed him and left him no other chance than to be finished lazily.

![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/a8df4901b64bc5663d7964dc91b3b1d4/tumblr_pa44gxux451xuubdho1_1280.jpg "")

FYI , i didnt die, you should have readed the full thread, because i answered to Intox.

Thxs for the builds durzlla, i will try both and post tests here :).

Results from the test (note non sigil of the night to avoid day/night cycle during tests):

MM-SKM-BB: Highest critical: 10,590 (standing). Loses to MM-BM-SB in damage.

MM-BM-SB: Highest critical 11,628 (standing), 12,710 (downed) Highest normal hit: 3,717

Adding sigil of the night (10%) to the calculation, and assuming it was night time, it would be closer to the mark but still far from a 5k Long range shot normal hit.

Images for the record:

https://imgur.com/a/rLr93jT

P.S.: I'm missing 25 power from mighty infusions compared to the proposed builds, the rest is included.

MM-SKM-SB: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATxGtCCWsAs8il8AjZDUwCeLBgCQDIP+Of7vTYH-jlRBABUq+DAPBA801k3lAwMlgXt/o8LAwBw5nn5nH48zP/8zPvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKA9UGB-w

MM-BM-SB: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATxGtCCWsAs8il8ALP+Of7vLBgCQD4JEsEmaTYH-jlRBAB5dJAua/R5nZKBB4JAQp6P4prJAwBw5nn5nH48zP/8zPvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKA9UGB-w

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > So you ate 60k dmg without healing or whatever ? :)

> >

> > If you carefully look at the log, you can see that he take a 12k hit, try and heal himself for 5k and 3k then got nailed again by a 14k which most likely downed him and left him no other chance than to be finished lazily.

> !

>

> FYI , i didnt die, you should have readed the full thread, because i answered to Intox.

>

> Thxs for the builds durzlla, i will try both and post tests here :).

@"urdriel.8496"

No one would have to ask so many questions if you gave us a full story.

Feels like a game of 20 questions

> @"ZeroXell.5172" said:

> Images for the record:

> https://imgur.com/a/rLr93jT

the difference from about 11k to 15k may come from the guild buffs on wvw structures

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Objective_Aura_VIII

and on castles additionally https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Presence_of_the_Keep

by the way how did you get over 20 stacks of might is that really selfbuffed ?

> @"wanya.1697" said:

> > Images for the record:

> > https://imgur.com/a/rLr93jT

>

> the difference from about 11k to 15k may come from the guild buffs on wvw structures

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Objective_Aura_VIII

> and on castles additionally https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Presence_of_the_Keep

>

> by the way how did you get over 20 stacks of might is that really selfbuffed ?

The buffs you listed only show a +100 to power and a 100 to precision.

Am I missing something? Does that buff get better somehow?

Because a +100 power and a +100 precision isn't raising your dmg from 11k to 15k on a crit.

Requires more info tbh. All I could say is it's possible. As to how? Was he having vulnerability, enemies projectile speed etc and what are the opponents (there was the squire and the assaulter probably moved in with AA at max range; possible more?). And don't forget in WvW there are monuments buff and keep defender buff if you're close enough.

> @"wanya.1697" said:

> > Images for the record:

> > https://imgur.com/a/rLr93jT

>

> the difference from about 11k to 15k may come from the guild buffs on wvw structures

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Objective_Aura_VIII

> and on castles additionally https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Presence_of_the_Keep

>

> by the way how did you get over 20 stacks of might is that really selfbuffed ?

Self-buffing is rather easy, although not very practical for WvW: SB Trait 1, Warhorn 5, Merge, Heal as One.

SB Trait 1 makes you get the buffs from your pet. Using Warhorn 5 you get 6 stacks and another 6 on your pet. Merging gives you all 12 stacks, then Heal as One applies a copy of all boons on you, going from 12 stacks to 24 stacks.

If you're going to make a gimmicky 1-shot kill build, you can do the exact same thing with every profession, especially the ones that have instant abilities like teleports.

A lot of times you'll see newbies running these ridiculous builds until they get a basic understanding of the game and change to something realistic. One poor guy here even posted a video of himself standing around in a PvP match pew-pewing on point with frost spirit up. No condi clear, invlns, blocks, stun breaks, or anything else remotely useful because he was just trying to do damage.

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> If you're going to make a gimmicky 1-shot kill build, you can do the exact same thing with every profession, especially the ones that have instant abilities like teleports.

>

> A lot of times you'll see newbies running these ridiculous builds until they get a basic understanding of the game and change to something realistic. One poor guy here even posted a video of himself standing around in a PvP match pew-pewing on point with frost spirit up. No condi clear, invlns, blocks, stun breaks, or anything else remotely useful because he was just trying to do damage.

I need to see this