LongBow AA hack or legit?

urdriel.8496

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > If you're going to make a gimmicky 1-shot kill build, you can do the exact same thing with every profession, especially the ones that have instant abilities like teleports.

> >

> > A lot of times you'll see newbies running these ridiculous builds until they get a basic understanding of the game and change to something realistic. One poor guy here even posted a video of himself standing around in a PvP match pew-pewing on point with frost spirit up. No condi clear, invlns, blocks, stun breaks, or anything else remotely useful because he was just trying to do damage.

>

> I need to see this

It was a few years ago, it just stuck with me. He posted a thread "teaching" everyone how to play ranger because he'd discovered ranged attacks and frost spirit. He had a highlight video of opponents like... keyboard turning in place. It was kind of cute in a way.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > > If you're going to make a gimmicky 1-shot kill build, you can do the exact same thing with every profession, especially the ones that have instant abilities like teleports.

> > >

> > > A lot of times you'll see newbies running these ridiculous builds until they get a basic understanding of the game and change to something realistic. One poor guy here even posted a video of himself standing around in a PvP match pew-pewing on point with frost spirit up. No condi clear, invlns, blocks, stun breaks, or anything else remotely useful because he was just trying to do damage.

> >

> > I need to see this

>

> It was a few years ago, it just stuck with me. He posted a thread "teaching" everyone how to play ranger because he'd discovered ranged attacks and frost spirit. He had a highlight video of opponents like... keyboard turning in place. It was kind of cute in a way.

Oh man, I remember that, I remember making a comment along the lines of “you could’ve used QZ to at least have A stun break.” Think he had like, sig of wild and sicem?

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > So you ate 60k dmg without healing or whatever ? :)

> >

> > If you carefully look at the log, you can see that he take a 12k hit, try and heal himself for 5k and 3k then got nailed again by a 14k which most likely downed him and left him no other chance than to be finished lazily.

> ![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/a8df4901b64bc5663d7964dc91b3b1d4/tumblr_pa44gxux451xuubdho1_1280.jpg "")

>

> FYI , i didnt die, you should have readed the full thread, because i answered to Intox.

>

> Thxs for the builds durzlla, i will try both and post tests here :).

Sorry but for all we can see you could have been down, even killed, and then rezzed. After all, even you armor seem in a sorry state, which mean you've been dead at least once.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > So you ate 60k dmg without healing or whatever ? :)

> > >

> > > If you carefully look at the log, you can see that he take a 12k hit, try and heal himself for 5k and 3k then got nailed again by a 14k which most likely downed him and left him no other chance than to be finished lazily.

> > ![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/a8df4901b64bc5663d7964dc91b3b1d4/tumblr_pa44gxux451xuubdho1_1280.jpg "")

> >

> > FYI , i didnt die, you should have readed the full thread, because i answered to Intox.

> >

> > Thxs for the builds durzlla, i will try both and post tests here :).

>

> Sorry but for all we can see you could have been down, even killed, and then rezzed. After all, even you armor seem in a sorry state, which mean you've been dead at least once.

yeah i was dead and atacking a dude at same time, look at the combat log......

What would be the point to come here with a question and lie to people?

i didnt have a single armor piece broken, that "sorry state" you talk about only means that i dont repair armor as frequent as i should.......

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> @"jcbroe.4329" Decent vid

> Even had him a 1v2 turn 1v3

> Oh and the last kill, shooting someone out of the sky never gets old....

I just meant the disclaimer part of the post more as a way to say I can't speak for the video or the gameplay, and didn't examine the entirety of the video to make sure there were no clips of, lets say, putting a Frost Spirit down and afk autoing until being noticed and then keyboard turning away lol.

so a couple things you didn't have when you did your test @"urdriel.8496"

-Bloodlust Stacks

-The bonus of the tower (which has been mentioned)

-bonus from having 3 of the Ruins.

Regardless, I'm with @"Dadnir.5038" on this.

I think your armor was jacked.

Start doing your tests with degraded armor. I'm sure that will boost those numbers you are looking for right up there!

> so a couple things you didn't have when you did your test @"urdriel.8496"

>

> -Bloodlust Stacks

> -The bonus of the tower (which has been mentioned)

> -bonus from having 3 of the Ruins.

>

> Regardless, I'm with @"Dadnir.5038" on this.

> I think your armor was jacked.

>

> Start doing your tests with degraded armor. I'm sure that will boost those numbers you are looking for right up there!

Well if he was popping in and out of combat, with those numbers, we might be able to assume Remorseless procs as well, which we originally didn't. Maybe.

> @"Ralkuth.1456" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > shooting someone out of the sky never gets old....

> I remember this one, he's made a few more since then.

> Ranger trolling contains so much _glee_, y'know?

> Took me a while to find it for you.

>

>

I remember seeing this before, but I enjoyed it again

and one he made after. Thnks

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > so a couple things you didn't have when you did your test @"urdriel.8496"

> >

> > -Bloodlust Stacks

> > -The bonus of the tower (which has been mentioned)

> > -bonus from having 3 of the Ruins.

> >

> > Regardless, I'm with @"Dadnir.5038" on this.

> > I think your armor was jacked.

> >

> > Start doing your tests with degraded armor. I'm sure that will boost those numbers you are looking for right up there!

>

> Well if he was popping in and out of combat, with those numbers, we might be able to assume Remorseless procs as well, which we originally didn't. Maybe.

As a side project, I Just finished gearing out a ranger with full ascended zerk gear/Trinkets/Bloodlust to see what kind of crazy dmg I could get with LB 1.

No single shots are in the 12-15k Range (so far)

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > so a couple things you didn't have when you did your test @"urdriel.8496"

> > >

> > > -Bloodlust Stacks

> > > -The bonus of the tower (which has been mentioned)

> > > -bonus from having 3 of the Ruins.

> > >

> > > Regardless, I'm with @"Dadnir.5038" on this.

> > > I think your armor was jacked.

> > >

> > > Start doing your tests with degraded armor. I'm sure that will boost those numbers you are looking for right up there!

> >

> > Well if he was popping in and out of combat, with those numbers, we might be able to assume Remorseless procs as well, which we originally didn't. Maybe.

>

> As a side project, I Just finished gearing out a ranger with full ascended zerk gear/Trinkets/Bloodlust to see what kind of crazy dmg I could get with LB 1.

>

> No single shots are in the 12-15k Range (so far)

Just curious, is it something like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskFwiFgrFskHYLBgCQDIv9Of7vPhg01UrkvlG-jFSBQB4R3QOvAAUS9HzoEcBHEAA8AA0wRA4K7PK/A

You'd want to WH5 -> merge -> Heal as One -> LB4 -> Sic Em and QZ -> Autoattack.

I think the only way to get a hit bigger than this would be to use Moment of Clarity, but even with what I linked, you wouldn't be able to constantly proc Remorseless unless you had a Herald's Facet proc'ing it.

For a less conventional build, I think that to push the limit of what you could consistently hit, you'd take that build and swap Severance for Incapacitation and Remorseless for Predator's Onslaught. Same skill rotation as above. Build link if it helps: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskFwiFgrFskHY5t35b/9JEkumaLBgCwprEp/G-jFSBABUq+zCHEA80Nw+FAQjjAwV7PK/A4BAYmSQA-w

I'm not guaranteeing any numbers, I'm just trying to post the highest feasible damage LB build I can think of, while keeping in mind options to try to reproduce the screenshot the OP posted.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > so a couple things you didn't have when you did your test @"urdriel.8496"

> > > >

> > > > -Bloodlust Stacks

> > > > -The bonus of the tower (which has been mentioned)

> > > > -bonus from having 3 of the Ruins.

> > > >

> > > > Regardless, I'm with @"Dadnir.5038" on this.

> > > > I think your armor was jacked.

> > > >

> > > > Start doing your tests with degraded armor. I'm sure that will boost those numbers you are looking for right up there!

> > >

> > > Well if he was popping in and out of combat, with those numbers, we might be able to assume Remorseless procs as well, which we originally didn't. Maybe.

> >

> > As a side project, I Just finished gearing out a ranger with full ascended zerk gear/Trinkets/Bloodlust to see what kind of crazy dmg I could get with LB 1.

> >

> > No single shots are in the 12-15k Range (so far)

>

> Just curious, is it something like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskFwiFgrFskHYLBgCQDIv9Of7vPhg01UrkvlG-jFSBQB4R3QOvAAUS9HzoEcBHEAA8AA0wRA4K7PK/A

>

> You'd want to WH5 -> merge -> Heal as One -> LB4 -> Sic Em and QZ -> Autoattack.

>

> I think the only way to get a hit bigger than this would be to use Moment of Clarity, but even with what I linked, you wouldn't be able to constantly proc Remorseless unless you had a Herald's Facet proc'ing it.

>

> For a less conventional build, I think that to push the limit of what you could consistently hit, you'd take that build and swap Severance for Incapacitation and Remorseless for Predator's Onslaught. Same skill rotation as above. Build link if it helps: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskFwiFgrFskHY5t35b/9JEkumaLBgCwprEp/G-jFSBABUq+zCHEA80Nw+FAQjjAwV7PK/A4BAYmSQA-w

>

> I'm not guaranteeing any numbers, I'm just trying to post the highest feasible damage LB build I can think of, while keeping in mind options to try to reproduce the screenshot the OP posted.

Thanks JC, I appreciate it. I'm willing to try whatever.

So I messed it with last night again in WvW on mobs, trying to kill two birds with one stone.

I didn't have superior sigil of severance, I had superior sigil of the night and bloodlust. I'll try out severance and the other builds tonight.

But the rest of the gear was the same, Full zerk ascended and full zerk ascended trinkets etc. Back piece ascended with no ferocity.

Marks 3 2 2 Beast 3 3 2 Soulbeast 1 3 3

Fully buffed, with food, bloodlust stacks, 25 might I'm looking at 4100ish power

2093 Precision

1520 Ferocity

77 % crit chance-this bugs me. How can I figure out math to get this to 100 percent?

251 % crit dmg

It is possible to hit Remorseless procs many times in a row via self buffs. But as you can imagine, it's clunky.

Every time I get fury, I gain remorseless and this can be achieved many times via utilities and a pet f2. Clunky because, its a "get buffed/fire auto shot", rinse repeat.

As far as my rotation, I wanted to have a lot of fury to get multiple shots, So I put SOP and Moa stance in there as well.

Notes-Rapid fire is ridiculous (but everyone knows that)

Warhorn 4 drops 14k of dmg consistently.

Worldly impact very gnarly. (again everyone knows that)

Alright, off to test.

I theorized a MMS/Remorseless build a while back near the release details of Soulbeast that could AA for 18k into glass with Sic 'Em and stacked modifiers. If this isn't immediate sustained damage, it's distinctly possible the guy is regaining remorseless procs from external fury sources like from a Revenant and just going to town.

The build did depend on AoO's via PBS, but .67 * 18k = 12k which is about where the OP is getting hit, so the math does check out.

I have a friend who runs a build that can do this. If you got hit by a female norn ranger, that's probably him. From what I can recall, it's full berserker, scholar runes, marksmanship, skirmishing, and soulbeast. He does use sic em, and merges with a ferocious pet, and also runs signet of the wild. No hacks involved. It's a one-shot meme build that's very unforgiving if someone gets close enough to hit him back.

**Success! /sortof**

I'm not showing screenshots, you can just take my word for it.

I went into wvw, got food/utility , got my blood lust stacks, mighted up and started LB 1 from max range against various mobs in the area.

The highest hit I got with the Longbow Auto was 9k.

I was never able to get anything close to 11-15.

The most reproduceable crit with longbow was in the 6-7k Range.

I don't think MOC works. 50 percent dmg on next attack? That's BS.

Maybe I just dont understand how it works, but I used knockback followed by a LB 1 (all mighted up ofc) and I never saw any crazy numbers.

I thought maybe it had to be a daze, so I use technobabble and got the same result. Nothing stood out.

@"jcbroe.4329" Those sigils really didn't do much. I got higher hits with Farsighted than I did Moc.

I'm curious if the dmg that the OP received was really a LB1 with One Wolf pack and the log didn't separate it out and just showed as one hit.

**Last thing I tested was in the Special Forces Training Area.**

I gave myself every buff that I could get, simulating having every possible buff from every class in game. The only thing I could not get was bloodlust.

-25 stacks of might

-Food and utility

I'm sitting at 4004 power

1770 Ferocity

89 Percent Crit Chance

I put 25 stacks of permanent vuln on the Golem (again, simulating the best possible scenario)

A normal Crit with longbow 1 is 9700-11.5k

A longbow 1 with Sicem and Remorseless procs 14k to as high as 16'950 (was my highest)

I still don't know how the OP got hit that hard. If I was to guess, it was a buffed up Zerk Ranger and the op didn't realize how dmg'd his armor was.

That or a bug in the log and he was actually getting hit by more than just one Auto Shot.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" MoC only gives the damage boost if you interrupt a skill.

That being said, I also don't know how all the damage bonuses are stacking with each other. That's when I'd rely on Anarii or InsaneQR for the mathematical mechanics at work.

Theoretically, if it was as simple as "take that 7-9k crit range and multiply it by 1.5", that would almost easily explain the numbers.

Even then, yeah. Whatever happened hear was definitely a fringe situation and the screenshot alone will never be enough detail to figure out what happened.

If you want higher crit chance, swap Beastmastery for Skirmishing. You'll lose the Loud Whistle buff but pick up Ferocity when you have Fury and very close to 100% crit chance when flanking. Even more pure glass than the BM setup though, since you won't have any traited utilities.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" MoC only gives the damage boost if you interrupt a skill.

>

> That being said, I also don't know how all the damage bonuses are stacking with each other. That's when I'd rely on Anarii or InsaneQR for the mathematical mechanics at work.

>

> Theoretically, if it was as simple as "take that 7-9k crit range and multiply it by 1.5", that would almost easily explain the numbers.

>

> Even then, yeah. Whatever happened hear was definitely a fringe situation and the screenshot alone will never be enough detail to figure out what happened.

>

> If you want higher crit chance, swap Beastmastery for Skirmishing. You'll lose the Loud Whistle buff but pick up Ferocity when you have Fury and very close to 100% crit chance when flanking. Even more pure glass than the BM setup though, since you won't have any traited utilities.

Damage bonuses stack multiplicatively, unless there is an exception somewhere. So if you take Runes of the Scholar and add loud whistle, you will get [Damage]*1,1*1,1. This means that instead of adding 20% to your damage, you are getting ~21% (increasing as you add more multipliers).

With that said, I would like to thank everyone posting adding their suggestion and add some remarks:

- Urdriel armor is damaged (orange icon) in the screenshot, not broken. Damaged armor does not have any reduction on stats or armor provided (see the [wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs "here"). I have tested that it is working as described), so we cannot factor that as a reason for an increase in damage received.

- The total amount of power missing from my tests, which unfortunately I cannot reproduce outside WvW, is 250 (Sigil of bloodlust) + 100 (Objective Aura) + 30 (borderlands bloodlust) = 380. However, I do not know if 380 power will skyrocket a normal Long Range Shot from 3,7k to 5k or the crit from ~11,7k to 15k.

- Skirmishing is inferior (albeit less conditional) to Beastmastery in terms of damage. The reason is that it adds ferocity not overall damage, which is inferior due to how multiplicative damage bonuses work.

- MoC requires interrupting an action, otherwise it will not have any effect.

Also, please bear in mind that the post does not argue whether you can (or not) one-shot people. We are simply trying to figure how feasible is to reach those numbers in the initial screenshot.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

> @"ZeroXell.5172" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" MoC only gives the damage boost if you interrupt a skill.

> >

> > That being said, I also don't know how all the damage bonuses are stacking with each other. That's when I'd rely on Anarii or InsaneQR for the mathematical mechanics at work.

> >

> > Theoretically, if it was as simple as "take that 7-9k crit range and multiply it by 1.5", that would almost easily explain the numbers.

> >

> > Even then, yeah. Whatever happened hear was definitely a fringe situation and the screenshot alone will never be enough detail to figure out what happened.

> >

> > If you want higher crit chance, swap Beastmastery for Skirmishing. You'll lose the Loud Whistle buff but pick up Ferocity when you have Fury and very close to 100% crit chance when flanking. Even more pure glass than the BM setup though, since you won't have any traited utilities.

>

> Damage bonuses stack multiplicatively, unless there is an exception somewhere. So if you take Runes of the Scholar and add loud whistle, you will get [Damage]*1,1*1,1. This means that instead of adding 20% to your damage, you are getting ~21% (increasing as you add more multipliers).

>

> With that said, I would like to thank everyone posting adding their suggestion and add some remarks:

> - Urdriel armor is damaged (orange icon) in the screenshot, not broken. Damaged armor does not have any reduction on stats or armor provided (see the [wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs "here"). I have tested that it is working as described), so we cannot factor that as a reason for an increase in damage received.

> - The total amount of power missing from my tests, which unfortunately I cannot reproduce outside WvW, is 250 (Sigil of bloodlust) + 100 (Objective Aura) + 30 (borderlands bloodlust) = 380. However, I do not know if 380 power will skyrocket a normal Long Range Shot from 3,7k to 5k or the crit from ~11,7k to 15k.

> - Skirmishing is inferior (albeit less conditional) to Beastmastery in terms of damage. The reason is that it adds ferocity not overall damage, which is inferior due to how multiplicative damage bonuses work.

> - MoC requires interrupting an action, otherwise it will not have any effect.

>

> Also, please bear in mind that the post does not argue whether you can (or not) one-shot people. We are simply trying to figure how feasible is to reach those numbers in the initial screenshot.

I know the multiplicative stacking is always the claim, but I was making the statement the way I did simply because sometimes ANet misses the mark on their rules about stacking bonuses.

Spectrum Shield comes to mind in recent history.

I'm not arguing your point at all though, just explaining why I make it a point not to take ANets word on it and rely on the typical guys that actually do the testing and provide numbers around here instead.

not saying it was me but it could have(it was me i found the video) been same rank and i have been playing with a build i can hit 14-19k on most stuff with aa's dont like to comment on the forums to much but hey video of said event www.twitch.tv/videos/273285878 @urdriel.8496

> @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

>

> 950 dmg with 3k power? More like 1,4k against medium armor. No bloodlust, no might. With max might, bloodlust and buff food you can get up to 4182 power. You can take the following modifiers: 2091 AA dmg (sigil of force included) + 40% Sick 'Em + 5% Frost Spirit (unusual, but possible) + 10% Loud Whistle +5% Opening Strike (first hit with AA applies 5 stacks vuln) + 10% Farsighted + 25% Remorseless (Pet Swap into Merge) + 7% Furious Strength (+ 5% Twice as Vicious) + 10% Oppressive Superiority.

> In total this is a 2,885 multiplier. Just for the base damage. No crit happend yet. Just add 254% crit dmg on top. 2091 * 7,3279 (crit * other mult) => 15322 dmg. This does not include other buffs as presence of the keep or class buffs. Seems perfectly fine. More of a gimmik but it worked for or more against you.

> Build used for calc vs medium armor target:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATTnUqAtCitqAWsActgl9ALv9GfzvL3uAQC4pDUueaVgUB-jFSBABA8AAua/R5XeXAAzUCinugOOEAUq+zCHBg5BBALKgVVqqqKpAiYZE-w

>

> EDIT: Forgot 10% Rune of Scholar and 10% Sigil of Night. So could be even higher.

Thanks for the math.

I'll go try it out soon.

Do have some questions.

Why the -pet swap- into the merge? To get Fury for remorseless? The first shot is remorseless already.

The build you posted-- 2 longbows and no Fresh Reinforcement Trait?

How are you getting 25 stacks of might?

Rather a better question would be, How are you getting 25 stacks of might before the target isn't dead?

Warhorn 5, heal and merge is the easiest and most realistic way to get 25 might.