GW professions

Older professions to GW2,

Will this ever happened? I know you cant say "_yes or no_", but has this been ever discussed and been on the table?

We saw two of the older professions from Nightfall in our newest LW season, the Paragon and Dervish.

I was absolutely so disappointed for not seeing any of those Nightfall professions making their retun as Elite Specs as we travel to Elona, neither did Ritualist, Monk, (Assassin).

Will the Utopia professions become alive? Assuming that the original Chronomancer ended up similar how Mesmer's first Elite Spec.

What about the Summoner?

Was there any other cancelled professions out of the three campaigns? (_Chrono and Summ of course, but was there any other?_)

I would also like to see the forgotten classes from GW1 become playable again, and elite specs seem like the most realistic way for that to happen. Assassination is already a skill line for thieves, but it would be nice to see the other 4 show up again. I was also a bit disappointed not to see playable Paragon or Dervish show up in Path of Fire, but there's always the next expansion... maybe the lore demands that the player character become more closely allied with the Sunspears and overthrow Joko before the knowledge of those professions becomes available.

> @"Benkorah.6048" said:

> I would also like to see the forgotten classes from GW1 become playable again, and elite specs seem like the most realistic way for that to happen. Assassination is already a skill line for thieves, but it would be nice to see the other 4 show up again. I was also a bit disappointed not to see playable Paragon or Dervish show up in Path of Fire, but there's always the next expansion... maybe the lore demands that the player character become more closely allied with the Sunspears and overthrow Joko before the knowledge of those professions becomes available.

Yeah, I am hoping for that too! :D

As a Dervish main, it pains me to day that a dervish in gw2 doesnt sound very plausible as it is 100% human orientated and wouldn't fit the other races. Also, some parts of the dervish hve been incorporated into the spellbreaker and the main dervish "mechanic" i.e. the avatars are available to human players as racial skills. Paragon , on the other hand is also somewhat incorporated into the guardian. Not to mention the iconic spear is an underwater weapon. Assassin is prwtty much all made into the thief and we already have a ritualist and its called an engi :tongue: (staff engi anyone :trollface: )

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> Older professions to GW2,

> Will this ever happened? I know you cant say "_yes or no_", but has this been ever discussed and been on the table?

Probably not as I'm really against adding professions as it makes it harder to make each profession different but you know our table is really really big so nothing is ever off the table : ) *Summons the great Colin*

> We saw two of the older professions from Nightfall in our newest LW season, the Paragon and Dervish.

> I was absolutely so disappointed for not seeing any of those Nightfall professions making their retun as Elite Specs as we travel to Elona, neither did Ritualist, Monk, (Assassin).

Yeah both of those weapons use pretty unique animations which makes them hard to add as a spec without adding weapon types.

> Will the Utopia professions become alive? Assuming that the original Chronomancer ended up similar how Mesmer's first Elite Spec.

> What about the Summoner?

If you can solve p=np I'll tell you.

> Was there any other cancelled professions out of the three campaigns? (_Chrono and Summ of course, but was there any other?_)

Not really we where doing two professions per campaign so those where the two we picked.