How did the cancellation of GW:Beyond Influence PoF Story?

How did the cancellation of GW:Beyond Influence PoF Story?

GW:Beyond was meant to have a fourth chapter in Elona to bridge the gap between GW and GW2. Seeing as we never got the Elonan Chapter I would assume there are certain stories wich were scrapped or had to be changed, and how much it influenced the choice of adding Balthazar as the main antagonist. Was there orignally meant to be a different antagonist in Elona (Joko, Kralky, somebody else entirely) ?

• ArenaNet Staff

I don't believe stopping Beyond changed anything significant about the eventual Path of Fire expansion. The idea with Beyond was to show the progression of the setting from GW1 to GW2 and let the player live out some of those events, such as the fall of the White Mantle. The beginning state of GW2 was already known at the time, so Beyond was more like a bridge - not changing the start or end, but letting you walk between them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I'd also imagine that PoF was only *very* loosely sketched out by the time of canceling GW:B Elona

PoF development really didn't start until after HoT shipped in 2015. I'm not aware of any ideas making it over from the GW1 era, though someone can correct me if I'm wrong here.