" Saul D'Alessio, traveled south to the island of Janthir" - mistake or...?

Mantle Knight Franklin in GW said that Saul travelled south to Janthir, while the mysterious isles lie north of Kryta. There is however a place with mursaat presence in the south - Ring of Fire islands. So here's my question. Was going "south" unintended and Saul indeed travelled north to Janthir isles, or Ring of Fire was planned to be called Janthir earlier in the development and the idea was scrapped, but the dialogue wasn't rewritten to acknowledge this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

It's been established that the islands actually lie to the north, so there are a few possibilities:

* Saul was exiled. He was dehydrated and starving when the mursaat found him. In all honesty the guy had no idea where he was by then and couldn't give accurate info to anyone upon his return. So, Franklin was just relaying bad info.

* There's a larger, unexplored plot about the magical Isles of Janthir that move in the night!

* A writer made an error and wrote south instead of north.

* Something I haven't thought of yet.

I think the first reason is the most plausible, but I bet there are more interesting fan theories out there that could possibly be the real truth.