Core spec only weekend?

Lahmia.2193

> @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > With rumours of a no down state weekend coming, another idea would be to only allow core specs for a weekend wvw event.

>

> But I bought HoT and PoF and I want to play my elite specs. :(

Then play them the rest of the time. One weekend isn't forever.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > With rumours of a no down state weekend coming, another idea would be to only allow core specs for a weekend wvw event.

> >

> > But I bought HoT and PoF and I want to play my elite specs. :(

>

> Then play them the rest of the time. One weekend isn't forever.

@"MUDse.7623" provided you with the relevant quote. Ben said no... "Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc."

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

>

> Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

>

> Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

>

> Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

>

> Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

>

> Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

>

> Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

Cheers!

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> Boring.

>

> Here's what it would be:

> Radiant Guards

> S/D Thieves

> Condi Mesmers

> Your current cookie cutter Warrior

> SF FA Zerk Eles

>

> 0 Revs

> 0 Necros

> 0 Engies

> 0 Rangers (assuming this event also means no smokescale)

We already see 3 of those 5 you mentioned above on a daily basis. You would still see rangers no matter what, and you would still see core hammer revs and backline wells necros in zergs. There are also still some good sd engis running around and I fail to see how fighting any of these specs besides condi mes would be "boring".

> @"freecarl.1320" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > Boring.

> >

> > Here's what it would be:

> > Radiant Guards

> > S/D Thieves

> > Condi Mesmers

> > Your current cookie cutter Warrior

> > SF FA Zerk Eles

> >

> > 0 Revs

> > 0 Necros

> > 0 Engies

> > 0 Rangers (assuming this event also means no smokescale)

>

> We already see 3 of those 5 you mentioned above on a daily basis.

That's exactly the point. People would only play the builds that perform well in the current iteration of the game. It wouldn't be refreshing, because we would see what we already see, except more of it...

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > With rumours of a no down state weekend coming, another idea would be to only allow core specs for a weekend wvw event.

> > >

> > > But I bought HoT and PoF and I want to play my elite specs. :(

> >

> > Then play them the rest of the time. One weekend isn't forever.

>

> @"MUDse.7623" provided you with the relevant quote. Ben said no... "Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc."

Not one single person in the game would be excluded by a core-only weekend. An "elite-only" weekend would exclude a lot of people, but core-only excludes no one. All classes are allowed, no expansions are required. Restricting it to base-game specs is not restricting it to a specific expansion. So the quote doesn't apply.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"Garrus.7403" said:

> > > > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > > With rumours of a no down state weekend coming, another idea would be to only allow core specs for a weekend wvw event.

> > > >

> > > > But I bought HoT and PoF and I want to play my elite specs. :(

> > >

> > > Then play them the rest of the time. One weekend isn't forever.

> >

> > @"MUDse.7623" provided you with the relevant quote. Ben said no... "Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc."

>

> Not one single person in the game would be excluded by a core-only weekend. An "elite-only" weekend would exclude a lot of people, but core-only excludes no one. All classes are allowed, no expansions are required. Restricting it to base-game specs is not restricting it to a specific expansion. So the quote doesn't apply.

>

>

Ben provided general statements as a guideline for what’s not going to happen. Etc... Etc... Etc...