Would you consider supporting GW1 pvp

I've seen what crazy stuff a few devs can manage in the updated engine - like super adventure box, even if I wasn't a fan of it. This could be a new mode in GW2 which copies the playstyle of the original GW, even opening up the possibility of a real GvG.

GW1 is genius design mechanically when it comes to pvp. GW2 is far too chaotic, spammy, and aoe is very prevalent making it hard to watch. GW1 on the other hand was extremely easy to watch and play at a more medium pace where thought went into combat more than twitch reactions did. This is pure esport material and it has been wasted since ANet stopped developing content and supporting GW with balance updates.

Untapped source material with limitless potential.

I think this is a great idea. GW1 energy management keeps the spam down and I like the GW1 Mesmer a lot. Sadly.. a GW1 Mesmer would break the modern game. I have this vision of using clumsiness on mid at the start of foefire and watching the enemy kill themselves.

The modern Ritualist/Mesmer isn't as fierce.

> @"Rukia.4802" said:

> GW1 is genius design mechanically when it comes to pvp. GW2 is far too chaotic, spammy, and aoe is very prevalent making it hard to watch. GW1 on the other hand was extremely easy to watch and play at a more medium pace where thought went into combat **more than twitch reactions did**. This is pure esport material and it has been wasted since ANet stopped developing content and supporting GW with balance updates.

As you are right the game is not as spammy usually, you are a bit mistaken about the pace. Mesmer and monks relied a lot on twitch reactions. So much that EU guilds facing [rawr] had trouble to prot their bursts because of the ping latency iirc. Btw: wasn't stuff like 40/40 sets considered bad rng stuff in respect to esports? Also: on top of being easy to watch it was actually possible for everyone to watch Top GvG and HA matches.

However, i agree, playstyle was awesome - but when i log back to GW1 nowadays, the movement to me feels really slow because i got used to jumps and dodge roll mechanics. But it has click to move!