Is it possible for others to help in the Library mission for Griffin mount quest?

I’m not sure, but I remember I was able to find one type I could kill, wandering up and back on one of the paths. I’d kill him, then zone out and back in, and he’d be respawned. Repeating that until I got the count.

I had a lot of trouble with anything other than that one.

Yes, you can go with friends there. I regularly go help guidies at it. You even earn the keys again. :)

For info in case you don't know: You don't need to do all within one go, and there is no need to kill all of the existing elite types, so that you can stay at the one(s) you find the easiest to manage. Side note though: It was still valid last time I was there, about two months ago. I do not know if there were changes since then.

As notebene suggested, what you can do is look around for an elite that's easier for you to kill. (My personal suggestion would be the Elite Fleshreavers. They hit pretty hard, but their attack is slow and they have no other special attacks, so you can just kite it around while using a ranged weapon.) The elites respawn after a period of time, so you can accumulate the 10 keys needed that way.

From memory, there are five different types of elites:

1. Elite Aatxe (the hardest. Quite fast attacks, can launch you, has a charge attack that leaves a high-damage burning trail behind. Quite dangerous if you happen to be fighting it on a narrow walkway)

2. Elite Shadow Imp (also quite hard, has a VERY hard hitting ranged attack that has a noticeable tell, but if you're out of dodges/blocks it can one shot you, can summon additional imps to help)

3. Elite Primeval Ghost (don't remember much about this guy. Fairly fast attacks though, and fairly fast speed too, so he might be able to ping you a few times as he chases you around)

4. Elite Shade (fairly easy. Has hard hitting attacks, but a fairly slow attack speed so you can kite it around while killing it with ranged attacks)

5. Elite Fleshreaver (as mentioned in my opening paragraph)