Phantasmal warlock...nerf?

Devs, what are you thinking? The phantasmal warlock was already weak. Name me one other main attack in GW2 that does under 1000 damage lol. Hitting it with a nerf bat seems very unnecessary. There are plenty of other OP skills to nerf... What's the point of that nerf? Leave the staff weapon ALONE! It's weak enough as it is. It goes tink* tink* tink* for 0 damage. Satisfied??

In unrelated news, i got an inside scoop on the upcoming update:

~~~Patch notes JUNE UPDATE~~~ Mesmer Staff attacks now HEAL your enemy. Enjoy!!

The nerfs will keep coming until the mesmer is like it was in the early seasons in the game. Outclassed by everything else. More nerfs will come as long as people continue to cry because they have to think about fighting another class. We can chill out with the Revenants in the corner of misery in a few patches.

thaats pretty much what this game has come too. the small pvp population the makes up the gw2 community gets to control what gets nerfed. once mesmer gets nerfed back down to nothing again and another class takes it place. they will start on that class and so on and so on. but come monday, yall can take this game and .......... along with all the nerfing.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> The nerfs will keep coming until the mesmer is like it was in the early seasons in the game. Outclassed by everything else. More nerfs will come as long as people continue to cry because they have to think about fighting another class. We can chill out with the Revenants in the corner of misery in a few patches.

season 1 was completely dominated by bunker chrono to the point that the entires game pace got slowed down so much that ESL dropped gw2

remember when competetive teams gave up as soon as 1 team got mid? because it was impossible to get a point back with the old chronomancer on the enemy side

so idk what you are trying to say with that sentence

The problem wasn't the damage of any one specific phantasm, is that they can be spammed without pause.

Making so they do not count for the clone cap was a good change, but they should still have their own cap. Of course several phantasms will add up to too much damage when you can summon too many phantasms. But reducing the damage of each of those phantasms will only make each one worse.

So now phantasms are weaker, but they can still be spammed, and they still clutter he screen.

> @"Kasdwer.3721" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > The nerfs will keep coming until the mesmer is like it was in the early seasons in the game. Outclassed by everything else. More nerfs will come as long as people continue to cry because they have to think about fighting another class. We can chill out with the Revenants in the corner of misery in a few patches.

>

> season 1 was completely dominated by bunker chrono to the point that the entires game pace got slowed down so much that ESL dropped gw2

> remember when competetive teams gave up as soon as 1 team got mid? because it was impossible to get a point back with the old chronomancer on the enemy side

> so idk what you are trying to say with that sentence

There was a lot more than Season 1 of ESL.

*ESL dropped GW2 in 2017* This game released in 2012-

I hate having to repeat this.

Mesmer when the game initially launched was one of the "OP" professions ( just like thief, warrior, and necro). I do not refute this, but after that initial season many builds for mesmer where then overshadowed by better builds from the result of buffs , nerfs, and ignoring bugs. Mainly the raw killing power and sustaining power of both thief and warrior.

We have gone through periods where mesmer was phased out for the thief because it did the job better around 2013-2014(? Or possibly earlier I dont have a notepad with dates)

Then bunkers were taken over by Ele with the Cele meta that lasted for around 8 months. All the while, mesmer was still outclassed by thief.

Then we got into a condi meta if memory serves me ( and correct me if I'm wrong) But even in that meta in high level ESL and Anet run tournaments Mesmer was STILL out classed by thief.

Then we got bunker engi with roaming slots still filled by theif.

Around 2015 when we had the complete specialization rework- Again we saw a very sharp increase in the potency of power mes, that was quickly nerfed because it was oneshotting tanks. and guess where the class went after that?

Then we saw the removal of the Cele amulet around 2016 and we had a sharp rise of warriors and guardians ( and Acro thieves that didn't die)

Then we got various reworks before the expansion that made Chronomancer OP for all of 2-3 months before they shut it down and we were again- out classed by the new Dardevil AND revenant before they nerfed those down to be out classed by DH and Berserker.

Around this time- I left the game, and came back to a GW2 that no longer had ESL or ANET run professional esport tournaments.

So I wont deny- mesmer has had it's time in the Sun, just as much as other classes. But those times have been historically shortlived and the times mesmer has been a hindrance to the team ( to the point where many high level tournament players ended up dropping mesmer and switching to thief) have also been present in the game ( far more present) because of over nerfs and forum crusades.

That is roughly a history of how mesmer has been since launch. I think this is the first time we have had a reliably viable power build that has stuck around for so long but as I said in my other post, I don't expect that to last too long ( for both power and condi) because people simply, historically, hate having to deal with mesmer.