I'm enjoying deadeye now

Jugglemonkey.8741

I do miss the old traits like peripheral vision, it made condi deadeye into an interesting alternative compared to condi daredevil. I felt it was kinda weird of anet to say that the trait was pretty useless when it worked so well if you ran condi. Being able to condi bomb a group of people from far distances in wvwvw was pretty nice.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> I do miss the old traits like peripheral vision, it made condi deadeye into an interesting alternative compared to condi daredevil. I felt it was kinda weird of anet to say that the trait was pretty useless when it worked so well if you ran condi. Being able to condi bomb a group of people from far distances in wvwvw was pretty nice.

Yeah, I don't know why they removed peripheral vision and the 1s stun after marking trait, they were really good build defining traits, as the stealth on kneel was. Plus the traits they were replaced by are kinda bad, in all honesty, silent scope being the exception.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> You shouldn't be able to dodge while immobilized; it's explicitly the reason why immob is so strong and has been part of the mechanic since launch.

>

> Mirage can just dodge during anything regardless of what it's affected by, including hard CC, which is a big reason why the class is overperforming.

Yeah, this was my understanding of the mechanic, sometimes you can get immobed as you dodge and dodge in place but I'm pretty sure that's down to latency tbh. I've been interrupted using roll for initiative by mesmers as well, which shouldn't happen and I'm pretty sure is down to the same issue.

Iam not enjoying new deadeye. It requires extreme discipline to achive slightly lower level of survival as old deadeye. Better sneak atack and smoke line do not outweight 3 sec stealth every 10 seconds from old deadeye. Thieves, revs and mesmers auto win vs deadeye.

I also hate the changes in the pvp, I have massive problems with the gameplay befriend. Funny I find that we were 50% generous and people celebrate it as a buff, Anet listens to the wrong players ...

The gameplay no longer fits the Deadeye, feels like a daredevil.

The worst part is that we have more problems with LOS than before due to the new way of camouflage.

Added to this is the problem that we were in the melee also weaker, so yes, the stamina to dodge, have the impression that you can now only play with defensive Akro / SA, SA was 100% stronger before the patch ... I have played by pof realease until recently predominantly. The build had a lot of survival, but was also playable only to a limited extent, because it has already done too little harm before the patch, we are now forced to use skills to let others become meaningless and so the damage of burst came you did not speak in the basement!

i have played all season ... min platin1 /gold 3 -.- now gold 1 - silver ...

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> Iam not enjoying new deadeye. It requires extreme discipline to achive slightly lower level of survival as old deadeye. Better sneak atack and smoke line do not outweight 3 sec stealth every 10 seconds from old deadeye. Thieves, revs and mesmers auto win vs deadeye.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have more stealth access now it's linked to evades? I can't really talk for PvP as I don't play it much, but honestly I feel like I generally die only when I make a mistake now since stealth on evade is a lot harder to counterplay.

Have you tried playing SA? I hit a mesmer for 14k in PvP with DJ in a duel recently, the damage is still there and SA covers a lot of DE's weaknesses. Honestly the meta doesn't favour thieves anyways, so why not experiment a bit?

> @"Elyxia.2943" said:

> I also hate the changes in the pvp, I have massive problems with the gameplay befriend. Funny I find that we were 50% generous and people celebrate it as a buff, Anet listens to the wrong players ...

>

> The gameplay no longer fits the Deadeye, feels like a daredevil.

> The worst part is that we have more problems with LOS than before due to the new way of camouflage.

>

> Added to this is the problem that we were in the melee also weaker, so yes, the stamina to dodge, have the impression that you can now only play with defensive Akro / SA, SA was 100% stronger before the patch ... I have played by pof realease until recently predominantly. The build had a lot of survival, but was also playable only to a limited extent, because it has already done too little harm before the patch, we are now forced to use skills to let others become meaningless and so the damage of burst came you did not speak in the basement!

>

> i have played all season ... min platin1 /gold 3 -.- now gold 1 - silver ...

I'm not celebrating it as a buff overall, I'm most just saying that deadeye isn't in as bad a place as people seem to think. I don't like a lot of the changes, but I'm still enjoying the class as a whole.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> Now that I'm used to the changes and my muscle memory isn't killing me, it's in a pretty good spot for roaming in WvW and it's enjoyable. I hated the changes when they came in, and I still think spamming three round burst for malice is kinda dumb design, but overall I'm actually enjoying it.

>

> Just a spot of positivity :)

That's good to hear, what weapon setup do you use?

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> Iam not enjoying new deadeye. It requires extreme discipline to achive slightly lower level of survival as old deadeye. Better sneak atack and smoke line do not outweight 3 sec stealth every 10 seconds from old deadeye. Thieves, revs and mesmers auto win vs deadeye.

Now that stealth is tied to endurance you realistically have access to 3s or 4s of stealth every -5- seconds thanks to vigor. I'm not sure about sPvP, but in WvW I rarely lose to Revs and other Thieves. Especially not S/D core Thieves.

(For those wondering, BQoBK + Mug + Skirmisher's Shot spam will force a D/P DrD to use all of their evades immediately or they explode. If they manage to stealth, simply use your own stealth and reposition/mercy and get ready to repeat your burst)

I do as well, although I don't always run Rifle.

I miss the old Cursed Bullet, and Periphal Vision, pretty much canned my Condi-Deadeye for zerg-play that removal did.

Otherwise though, I am having blast. The amount of Stability and boon-rips you have at your disposal is kinda hilarious if you run Acrobatics with S/D, Mercy and BQbK. You can get off 3 Marks and rip all the opponents boons+stability, on demand and in quick succession, on-top of a steady supply of quickness of 4-5 seconds every cast.

... Just hope they don't dodge your marks. Sucks when that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

dj must be more reliable, u have to roll, than lauch- so its too long and enough to los this skill. its harder to fight dodgin classes, cuz of new malice management, so and feels like we lost 20% crit cnahce bonus. de is playable, but feels like rifle warrior, who needs to roll before using burst rifle skill.

> @"Aihao.5824" said:

> dj must be more reliable, u have to roll, than lauch- so its too long and enough to los this skill. its harder to fight dodgin classes, cuz of new malice management, so and **feels like we lost 20% crit cnahce bonus.** de is playable, but feels like rifle warrior, who needs to roll before using burst rifle skill.

the 20% crit chance is buggy for standing DJ. it will apply on kneeling one tho.